Sunscreen

bino

Ms. Bino wants some nice quality "sunscreen cosmetic" as she calls it - something suitable for regular / daily use.

Do any of you use a product like this? Which brands are good? I've asked her, and she doesn't really know specifically (she's Thai - if it makes any difference), so I'm hoping the TV ladies can give me some recommendations and advice.

Her birthday is coming soon, and i know she would be surprised and pleased with this!

I'm a thai

For sunscreen..... I use......

Neutrogena SPF-30 - for normal use - very light weight

Neutrogena SPF-45 - for extra protection - just a bit too creamy to apply for liking..... but works great esp for thailand summer and at the beach.

Both of them are sweatproof, non-greasy feel, all day lasting, and N-45 comes in waterproof formula_

DAILY moisturizer for face - Olay "Total Effects" w/ SPF-15.....great and very non-oily feel

edit:

oops sorry ....didn't see you said the word "cosmetic"

Anyway......many cosmetic pieces now come with sunscreen protection, anywhere from SPF 5-15 normally, esp for moisturizer and face powder

The brand name just depends on the preference. Most women, esp the thais, the more famous and expensive, is the better.

However I'm not THAT......and have found anything from "Revlon" works great for me, esp for the lipsticks-non chapping effect for my lips.

Edited by teacup

Does she want a tinted moisturizer with sunscreen? or a moisturizer with sunscreen like teacup suggests? or foundation with sunscreen?

Sorry to be confusing but they are different things!

If she is in Thailand and wants to have her complexion evened out, I would go for the tinted moisturizer with sunscreen then. Most of the major brands carry something like htat and Boots or Watson's has a pretty good range of choice.

Thanks for the input ladies!

She isn't a makeup wearer - so I don't think she wants something tinted, foundation, or any of that stuff that men will never figure out (and hence unlikely for me to get right). If she does, she can go and get it herself.

Teacup - your suggestion for the "Total Effects" sunscreen moisturizer sounds right on the money. Thanks!

Anyone else have suggestions for products like this? I'd like to have a few options- so that I can pick the one that smells best. After all, you just know that opening the cap and smelling it is the first thing she will do!

Edited by bino

Oriental Princess does a whole line in facial sunscreens to suit different skin types. You can find them in most malls. They do an extra strong version (50+) but I use the 40+ acne formula as I have found it is the only one not to give me spots.

I am farang, but find the products really suitable for my skin, however they were formulated for Asian skin and most Thai girls I know love the products. If you join the Oriental Princess club, (about 300baht) you get a free bag with loads of goodies, 15% discount on your first purchase (and further discounts every month) and usually a buy one get on half price deal too.

I should so work for them! Visit the site here