Red Shirts Set Up At Sanam Luang

churchill

Red shirts erected a stage and put up tents at Sanam Luang on Saturday afternoon in preparation for their rally to parliament on Monday.

Leading UDD members at the site said second-generation leaders would talk on stage until 11 pm Saturday night.

Leaders said red shirt members would stay at Sanam Luang until 8 am on Monday morning, when they would gather to march towards parliament to demand democracy and follow on the works of the national reconciliation committee.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/breakingnews/14...-at-sanam-luangpostlogo.jpg

-- Bangkok Post 16/05/09

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Go Red Go. It's uplifting to see Thais care about their country and not just lay down to the oppressors. Good Luck! Maybe they can inspire a similar movement in Myanmar!

You have few ideas, but confused. :)

Red shirts erected a stage and put up tents at Sanam Luang on Saturday afternoon in preparation for their rally to parliament on Monday.

Leading UDD members at the site said second-generation leaders would talk on stage until 11 pm Saturday night.

Leaders said red shirt members would stay at Sanam Luang until 8 am on Monday morning, when they would gather to march towards parliament to demand democracy and follow on the works of the national reconciliation committee.

-- Bangkok Post 16/05/09

As most have read this also in Nation and BP, I myself as my sole opinion don't believe much that Bangkok Post prints due the fact they seem to make it obvious their supporters of Team Red and Mr Thaksin...

Just my view point and opinion..not intended to insult anyone just the way I see half of the rubbish that is printed in papers, as no matter the reasoning we all must remember the fact papers are in the sales business and not always in the best interest of the country as in a whole or with in the origin of the country's Unity !

-- Bangkok Post 16/05/09

As most have read this also in Nation and BP, I myself as my sole opinion don't believe much that Bangkok Post prints due the fact they seem to make it obvious their supporters of Team Red and Mr Thaksin...

Just my view point and opinion..not intended to insult anyone just the way I see half of the rubbish that is printed in papers, as no matter the reasoning we all must remember the fact papers are in the sales business and not always in the best interest of the country as in a whole or with in the origin of the country's Unity !

Well you are quite right that the Bangkok Post and the Nation print mostly rubbish these days - they are both but shadows of their former selves, have sold their souls, and are reduced to campaign magazine style sensationalism and propaganda.

The Bangkok Post supporting the reds? Now, where did you get that idea?

Well you are quite right that the Bangkok Post and the Nation print mostly rubbish these days - they are both but shadows of their former selves, have sold their souls,

Nope. The problem is that media can't sell anything in this market. Let alone their souls.

WIth readers expecting news for free, ad revenues drying up and no decent fee model for internet delivered news, the outlook for newspapers, not just in Thailand but everywhere, is bleak. The industry is in a state of desperation, and reporters are being laid off in quantity. It means that the hard stories don't always get covered fully.

They're meeting at Sanam Luang. I'm listening via the red website. Nuttawut arrived half an hour ago. Mor (Dr.) Weng and Jatupon finished their speeches.

The policeman who appears on the red stage most often will be investigated.

The reds said more arrest orders will be, maybe have been, issued to singers who sang on the red stage. :)

Jatupon said DStation has finished all the works and waiting for the broadcast when the station is back. Main issue is they have evidence to show that violence in April did not start from the reds.

They're meeting at Sanam Luang. I'm listening via the red website. Nuttawut arrived half an hour ago. Mor (Dr.) Weng and Jatupon finished their speeches.

The policeman who appears on the red stage most often will be investigated.

The reds said more arrest orders will be, maybe have been, issued to singers who sang on the red stage. :D

Jatupon said DStation has finished all the works and waiting for the broadcast when the station is back. Main issue is they have evidence to show that violence in April did not start from the reds.

Was Arisman singing... ? :)

He did :D . But they caught him after he led the reds to Asean Summit last month as a leader, not as a singer.

This boy is speaking now. He sang too :D but he was caught for being the red leader. He was in jail twice within 3 years for political reason. First time he was held 12 days. This time he was held 11 days. He hopes next year he won't be held more than 10 days.

DSCF6120.jpg

Go Red Go. It's uplifting to see Thais care about their country and not just lay down to the oppressors. Good Luck! Maybe they can inspire a similar movement in Myanmar!

You have few ideas, but confused. :)

and you know all the answers, right!

I thought people who prescribe here in Thaivisa are educated and inelegant. Ok I guess that may not be true after all. Wake up guys and learn the reality of Tai politics. :D

Is not about democracy is about money

:):D

-- Bangkok Post 16/05/09

Good stuff. Better stock up on the Chang beers and nibbles then.

Taksin and Co started the Red Shirt movement , but the majority of its supporters today are decent hard working poeple who want,

"government of the people for the people by the people"

A government they elected.

He did :D . But they caught him after he led the reds to Asean Summit last month as a leader, not as a singer.

This boy is speaking now. He sang too :D but he was caught for being the red leader. He was in jail twice within 3 years for political reason. First time he was held 12 days. This time he was held 11 days. He hopes next year he won't be held more than 10 days.

DSCF6120.jpg

Nice watch! Rolex Submariner?

DSCF6120.jpg

Sure hope this doesn't turn violent.........Thailand does not need any more bad publicity.

Better Red Than dead, and, speaking of read, a man who reads nothing is more informed than a man who reads only newspapers (or something like that). The color shirt thing still seems childish to me. The number one rule of war is deception. When's the next group of politicos or (based on a previous post) money grabbers going to wear bulls-eyes on their shirts?

Edit: It is a nice watch.

Edited by Shotime

DSCF6120.jpg

It's just one of the many gifts from the 'Master' I suppose? :D

ps

The 'Master' is not Khun Chuwit who is famous for dishing out trays after trays of those expensive watches ! :D

Taksin and Co started the Red Shirt movement , but the majority of its supporters today are decent hard working poeple who want,

"government of the people for the people by the people"

A government they elected.

They want government of the rich, for the rich, elected by red people. They will not accept if 64% who didn't vote red dare to form their own government. They would accept Thaksin meddling in politics but not generals.

And even red elections must be run without any rules and any puinishment for vote buying.

Some democracy!

Majority of red supporters today are not smarter than thousands of village scouts who lynched people and burned their corpses on Sanam Luang in 1976. They also thought they were doing the right thing, they also been told they were doing the right thing. They also had their own radio stations and they didn't allow any alternative media - just like reds now listen ONLY to their own dtv.

DSCF6120.jpg

It's just one of the many gifts from the 'Master' I suppose? :D

ps

The 'Master' is not Khun Chuwit who is famous for dishing out trays after trays of those expensive watches ! :D

Nah, 1000 bht in Pratunam.

DSCF6120.jpg

Or a knock-off from the night-market.

Hmm, no timetable for dispersal on Monday after the March- probably means just a few hundred reds showing up this time if it is the 2nd generation of leaders leading the rally this time.

Reminds me at TRT, PPP. Brother takes over the job from sister and hand it over to the cousin... and hand it then to the aunt of his fathers sister...

Edited by webfact