The Silly Things That Thais Wear.

Jockstar

Maybe its been discussed before. I know it has a little but not in a thread. Thai people have a strange dress sense. In the west you would never wear some of the stuff that Thais wear. The reason that i thought about this thread was. On the tube today there was a relatively smart guy in trousers and shirt. But i was just kinda looking around . Not looking at anyone in particular. Until suddenly i seen some blue flip flop/sandals. No big deal but he was wearing pink socks too. Along with his other relatively smart clothes. I know other people have spotted this and worse. But i'm interested to hear some stories. I've seen people wearing pyjamas in the supermarket or walking down the street. Anymore? The fashion police are after them.

Edited by Jockstar

I think the Thai population is quite a bit better-dressed, on average, than the farang.

?????????? Back it up! Sorry Dick but a statement has to be backed up. If you're talking about sandals and socks ok. If you're talking about shellsuits then fair enough. But in what other way? Would you wear blue sandals and pink socks?

I think the Thai population is quite a bit better-dressed, on average, than the farang.

Thats exactly what my dad said when he came over, mind you he was talking about the chics, he said they all looked

"well groomed and even the older women looked after thier bodies, unlike the English 40 somethings who all look like old boilers "

Hey his words not mine!

Anyhow my fave silly outfit is the ones the dear old codgers wear while they totter up and down the soi's, like a sarong wrapped around the waist and then passed through the legs at the knee, like a saggy nappy :o

(Old Thai style thing)

How about swimsuits on the street -- nowhere near any water? Shorts at night in nice restaurants? Singlets three sizes too small, so that the beer belly is exposed? And don't even get me started on the groovy togs (and ridiculous dreadlocks on white boys) they wear down on Khaosarn Road.

How about swimsuits on the street -- nowhere near any water?  Shorts at night in nice restaurants?  Singlets three sizes too small, so that the beer belly is exposed?  And don't even get me started on the groovy togs (and ridiculous dreadlocks on white boys) they wear down on Khaosarn Road.

Thanks Dick. i just wanted to hear what you thought.

60 year old lady riding a scooter with german helmet with swastika.

Followed a 20 year old guy riding a scooter with a blue plastic bucket on his head.

In Chayaphoom, a man riding a scooter with a giant truck inner tube around his waist.

I find Thais dress well in general.

Touche' !!

{Aside from the obvious, I can always tell I'm back in the states, just by some of the wacky clothes that people wear. Tiny spandex outfits just weren't meant for 5 foot tall, 250 pound women. Yeesh, shivers up my spine!}

BIG KNICKERS. AKA APPLE CATCHERS.

Some of them hide their chewing baccy pouch down there. :o

It all boils down to when the'ye well dressed they're WELL dressed

But some of them just don't understand...the MTV presenter wearing a t-shirt with a big swastika on the front,the 13 year old in the super-market with a T-shirt stating 'Take me from Behind' (seen on girls too) and worse beyond all belief the Chelsea supporter with a Man U shirt. :D

There was a thing on a Thai TV station the other day, it looked like a free trial type thing for some sort of shampoo I think, - nil Thai language I'm afraid so I didn't really have a clue what was going on. Anyway, they pulled one girl out of the crowd and had her behind the stall with them talking to her and such and she was wearing a McShit T-shirt!

Could only happen in Thailand!

the 13 year old in the super-market with a T-shirt stating 'Take me from Behind' (seen on girls too)

In Pattaya were you?

No!!!!!!!!!!!!! The first time was in Makro in Surin. Then one appeared in Tesco/lotus. I did get my wife to point out to the girl on the second occasion just what she was sporting,but it got lost in translation.

Yea , why don't Thais all wear Burberry scarves and hats like farangs do!! Fat leaking out of their clothes is another endearing sight.

Yea, why can't Thai's be more aware of what they are wearing!

Give me a fawking break.

I agree.I would have thought it obvious that in general Thais are very well dressed and presented often on a rather modest budget.I do wonder what is the point of this kind of thread.

Thai girls using a belt and big paper clips to keep their skirts on.

Bus and taxi drivers using small paper clips to fasten a strip of cloth on a worn collar.

Thai girls wearing bras in bed regardless of whether they've got t*ts or not.

Thai girls who have several matching sets of underwear but wear them mismatched. i.e. purple panties with black bra or black panties with purple bra.

Thai guys wearing orange shorts with teddy bear or flower designs on them.

Manual workers wearing tracksuit bottoms for work but wear jeans at leisure.

Thais wearing black clothes that attracts heat on a sunny day.

Wearing T-shirts probably not knowing what the logo says.

i.e. '<deleted>*k Off'...... '<deleted>*k Off Wan*ers' or the imcomprehensible 'The Holy Guru Put Rose Petals in my Privates' etc. :D

M/Cers wearing jackets back to front when riding somewhere.

Wearing lace up footwear only to press down the upper heel part making them into slip-ons.

Thai girls wearing very short skirts only to spend half the time pulling them down not to expose too much leg. Also, when using stairs or escalators placing a book strategically to prevent someone behind them like me getting a good blimp.

:o

blimp.

great word , havent heard it used for ages. :o

i like the way that (especially bangkok) thais , should the temperature ever drop below 85 degrees , start to dress as if the next ice age was about to start.

and one sight that made me laugh was a falang on a motorbike wearing a plastic british policemans helmet (the sort you buy on oxford street in london) as a crash helmet.

Edited by taxexile

i like the way that (especially bangkok) thais , should the temperature ever drop below 85 degrees , start to dress as if the next ice age was about to start.

LOL :D I know! Just as Chrimbo approaches and they spray fake snow on the shop windows they also start to sell woolly scarfes, bobble hats and mittens in the Dept stores, I always wonder who the ###### buys that stuff here?! :o

Can't edit my original reply for some reason.

I just wanted to add that no matter what state their clothes are in; sun bleached, moth-eaten, threadbare, ripped, iron-singed, ill-fitting etc.,..... it be clean.

I just wanted to add that no matter what state their clothes are in; sun bleached, moth-eaten, threadbare, ripped, iron-singed, ill-fitting etc.,..... it be clean.

Even after a hard day's work in a construction site covered is dust and filth in line at Sevvy, Thais smell fine. How do they do it?

Even after a hard day's work in a construction site covered is dust and filth in line at Sevvy, Thais smell fine. How do they do it?

you may want to ask a certain mob hat hangs out at a certain road :D