Is Love Possible In Chiang Mai

ajarnpim

1. I found love in chiang mai. It was through a series of lucky events. Just wondered wh

ether anyone else was a fortunate.

2. Are you looking for love.

3. Do

you think that the dating scene is adequate in Chiangmai

4. erm................

cheese

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think that you can find love anywhere. I met my wife over six years ago in Chiang Mai; I didn't go there to find love. I was actually returning for a long meditation retreat at Wat Rampoeng. I have stayed with my wife in Thailand since; although we soon left Chiang Mai.

As Garro points out, you can find love anywhere. However, finding love that will last over many years is the problem. And, I'm not confusing love with lust. There are endless discussions about it and hundreds of well written books with excellent advice. That said however, when dealing with feelings of the heart you can throw all reasonable thought into the trash can. There are many types of love: love for your sexual partner, love for your children, love for your siblings and parents, and even love for a good friend who is not a sexual partner.

People are attracted to other people for a variety of reasons. When it becomes sexual it is usually called "love". That kind of love may or may not last. Very often people who are physically attracted to each other can not live together. They just naturally clash over a variety of reasons. People who are NOT particularly attracted to each other physically might eventually fall in love if they live together over a long term. It is too complicated an issue to discuss on a internet forum.

I've been married twice and I'm too old to go through that routine again. I was never really in love with my first wife, but our marriage lasted 20 years and she was the mother of my two children. We are still good friends today. I was nuts in love with my second wife, but unfortunately, her druggy son drove a permanent wedge between us. So, I DO have some understanding about the subject "love".

I DO know that love can die just as quick as it can begin. It usually dies when there are a lot of road blocks that were in place before the couple got together. We usually call those blockages "baggage". Mixing cultures can be a huge problem. Mixing religions can be another. Children from a previous marriage is another that often ends a new relationship. Money problems are another issue that can end a relationship. But, most of all it all depends on the personality of each partner.

Yep, met my wife. , respectable, highly educated, good work ethic, family oriented. beautiful (love the pale Thai-Chinese girls up north). She pushes me to do better for myself and we work together as a team.

You can find love anywhere, but the northern girls were my kinda of specs haha.

1. I found love in chiang mai. It was through a series of lucky events. Just wondered wh

3. Do

4. erm................

cheese

Are you planning to start a dating service?

A.) Congrats on your new found love.

I wish you many happy years to come.

B.) Yes, always.

C.) I would not know, my wife forbids me to date anyone else, but I've seen several I'd like to.

D.) Yes, I like cheese. ( bleu especially ) My wife does not. :)

As Garro points out, you can find love anywhere. However, finding love that will last over many years is the problem. And, I'm not confusing love with lust. There are endless discussions about it and hundreds of well written books with excellent advice. That said however, when dealing with feelings of the heart you can throw all reasonable thought into the trash can. There are many types of love: love for your sexual partner, love for your children, love for your siblings and parents, and even love for a good friend who is not a sexual partner.

People are attracted to other people for a variety of reasons. When it becomes sexual it is usually called "love". That kind of love may or may not last. Very often people who are physically attracted to each other can not live together. They just naturally clash over a variety of reasons. People who are NOT particularly attracted to each other physically might eventually fall in love if they live together over a long term. It is too complicated an issue to discuss on a internet forum.

I've been married twice and I'm too old to go through that routine again. I was never really in love with my first wife, but our marriage lasted 20 years and she was the mother of my two children. We are still good friends today. I was nuts in love with my second wife, but unfortunately, her druggy son drove a permanent wedge between us. So, I DO have some understanding about the subject "love".

I DO know that love can die just as quick as it can begin. It usually dies when there are a lot of road blocks that were in place before the couple got together. We usually call those blockages "baggage". Mixing cultures can be a huge problem. Mixing religions can be another. Children from a previous marriage is another that often ends a new relationship. Money problems are another issue that can end a relationship. But, most of all it all depends on the personality of each partner.

Good post very true.

love and lust, what difficult subjects

1st wife, turnd our to be mad with lesbian leanings not from chiangmai

2nd wife, didnt learn, only 1 year older than my son, 20+years my junior, chinese petite sex mad pure lust, didnt last not from chiangmai

3rd wife (without papers) fun loving and we live and get on great and just like any normal couple the occasional bust up, from lampang so technically not chiangmai but close.

therefore i cant answer your question just felt like writing something

It's a matter of time before this turns into a 'my wife is better than your wife' :)

All that matter is that your wife is best for you.

A millionaire heiress Harvard PHD grad with a body like Barbie wouldn't hold candle to a wife in my eyes. I hope that all the men here feel that about their own wives and girlfriends.

A millionaire heiress Harvard PHD grad with a body like Barbie wouldn't hold candle to a wife in my eyes. I hope that all the men here feel that about their own wives and girlfriends.

Yes, I feel that way about all of them.

I've had them all in different packages. It still comes down to living a long time with the same person. That can get boring unless your libido is dead and you don't have any other interests. I basically came to realize that marriage is all about raising children into responsible adults. If you are happy alone then you are better off single. You can certainly get more sex in Thailand if you are single.

I agree with Ian. I really go for bad girls who rob you blind and cheat on you with all your friends and then poison you for your monthly check, but, at my age, I don't need all of that. At this point, I much rather live alone. :)

I've had them all in different packages. It still comes down to living a long time with the same person. That can get boring unless your libido is dead and you don't have any other interests. I basically came to realize that marriage is all about raising children into responsible adults. If you are happy alone then you are better off single. You can certainly get more sex in Thailand if you are single.

u do not find love , a beautiful one knocks you down and love finds you.

u can live a very long time with same person for a very,very long time and not be bored with a very spiked libido ... i know because I live in oh so lovely Chiang mai ....where the lovely live.

get it??

Edited by gatorhead333

u do not find love , a beautiful one knocks you down and love finds you.

u can live a very long time with same person for a very,very long time and not be bored with a very spiked libido ... i know because I live in oh so lovely Chiang mai ....where the lovely live.

get it??

I am very happy for you if you truly HAVE found true love. Like my first reply... true love can happen, but it is rare. The statistics prove that. In western societies the divorce rate is around 50% or more for first time marriages. It jumps up to over 60% for second and third marriages. That occurs because of "baggage" carried forward from previous relationships. I don't have any statistics for marriages in Asia but I wouldn't doubt they are similar.

I don't condone infidelity in marriage, but I understand why it happens... and it happens A LOT! Very often it is instigated by some woman preying on an unhappy man who isn't getting any at home. I don't really condone married men coming to Thailand on a sex tourism trip. But, I also understand why that happens. Smart women who have all the financial and material rewards in an otherwise sexless marriage will often turn a blind eye to their husbands affairs with other women. You need to go no further for examples than many of the United States presidents.

And that brings us back to Thailand where marriages between young, beautiful Thai women and men much older in age are quite common. Most Thai women marry for status and material wealth. They understand the system quite well. A young, healthy woman is quite capable of keeping an older man happy in bed. There is no need for the man to stray. In return the woman gets material wealth and someone who can take care of her family. It is a good trade.

But, men who marry young, beautiful Thai women are stupid if they leave their wives for long periods of time when they go home to wherever they came from. It is only natural that the young women might stray. But, if the MAN is smart, and he likes the life he leads then he will turn a blind eye to his wife's liasons with other men while he is away. You can't wear out that nice little place that drives most men's libido. Share and share alike is the life I now lead. I don't get jealous and I no longer risk the material wealth that I have earned on the whim of a partner who may or may not remain faithful.

Good post very true.

IanForbes does come up with some good posts now and then. I agree, very true.

Once in a while Blinky Bill decides that his comment should be removed.

This is one of those very rare occasions.

But a little word of advice to all you young fellahs who come and get married to the love of your life in Chiang Mai and Thailand, beware!!

Don't go back to where you came from without the missus and expect her to remain faithful. 5 out of 10 will stray within a month, 3 out of 10 will stray within a week and 1 out of 10 will be shagging the alternative before the aircraft/bus/train leaves the station.

This is not based on assumption, it is based on personal experience from the outside looking in and waiting for the odd boyfriend/husband to leave.

And bugger, Valentino Rossi crashed out today.

Edited by Blinky Bill

The heck with love..

WHAT ABOUT THE DOCTOR? HE CRASHED!

Is he alright?

"..... Rossi forced to make an incredible four visits to pit lane. The Italian was in second behind his team-mate when he elected for an early bike change, coming in to swap onto his second M1 on dry Bridgestones after just five laps. The change went smoothly but the track was still damp in places and he went down on the next lap whilst trying to warm his tyres up. He returned to the pits next time around to swap back onto his other bike, with the rules stipulating that he had to keep one wet tyre with the second bike change, but a problem with his pit-limiter meant he was penalised for speeding on exit and forced to return once again two laps later to perform a ride-through penalty. His final visit to the garage came on lap 11 when he changed once again onto a fully-dry machine, but by then he was some two laps adrift and he finished in 16th"....

Bummer

And I'm about to buy a nice plot of land with one.. :)

How big is the plot, Winnie? Seven feet long, three feet wide and four feet deep? :D:D:D

LOL, it's 4 feet deep alright compared to the road. So beware, it's big enough to accommodate the entire Chiang Mai TV party turnout! :D

Don't go back to where you came from without the missus and expect her to remain faithful. 5 out of 10 will stray within a month, 3 out of 10 will stray within a week and 1 out of 10 will be shagging the alternative before the aircraft/bus/train leaves the station.

This is not based on assumption, it is based on personal experience from the outside looking in and waiting for the odd boyfriend/husband to leave.

I guess that depends somewhat on the background and class of the Mrs though.. And furthermore I think only those who are faithful themselves could have any rights to complain about it!

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

3. Do

4. erm................

cheese

another fool in thailand, maybe love in your eyes but in hers it will be your cash, take care of her and then family if she got kids start paying for them sending them to private school, and then the old chessnut that yours is different not a bar girl,no fool like a old or young fool, no it is not possable to find love with a thai, soon as money runs out you will be out as well,