Uk Passport Cost

Hi, my wife recently passed her ESOL with citizenship course and recieved her ILR and was told by immigration in Glasgow that she can apply for her UK passpoert 1 year after recieving her ILR visa, my question is this,

Does anybody know how much the passport is, I can't find the answer on the UK immigration website and also does she have to go through this immigration test that I keep reading about? Many thanks

Brigante7.

The current cost of applying for citizenship is £720. This does not include the cost of applying for a pssport once citizenship is granted. This is currently £72.

She will need to satisfy whatever criteria are in place at the time of her application. See How do I apply for British citizenship or another form of British nationality? for the current procedure.

But see also Naturalising as a British citizen in the future (Thanks for the link, Doggsy!)

BTW, one does not have to have held ILR for 1 year before applying for citizenship. Provided the other criteria are met one can apply once one has been legally in the UK for three years* and has ILR or the equivelent. See this thread.

*If the spouse or civil partner of a British citizen, otherwise it's 5 years.

brigante, you have had several posts from some of us now outlining the process. Did you read the previous replies??

A UK pp costs around 70 gbp but she has to become a naturlised citizen first.

3 years from first entering the country tourist visa counts example :

March 06 entered Tourist visa.

Returned August 06 Fiance visa

Married Oct 06 FLR granted

ILR granted Oct 08.

Applied Citizenship March 09 granted 3 years from first entering the country.