New Car Buying

Spee

Please hold off on the comments on whether you like them or not. Mods feel free to kill the thread if goes awry.

I'm interested in buying a new Ford Explorer or Ranger from a dealer in Bkk or to the north of there. I've already made contact with Ford directly and am waiting for feedback, but was hoping someone here may have some direct experience.

I'm looking for anyone who has done any new car purchasing from a Thailand Ford dealer. In particular, if you have financed the purchase with a bank or other agency, then I would like to touch base with you via PM about your experience.

TIA!

I'm looking for anyone who has done any new car purchasing from a Thailand Ford dealer. In particular, if you have financed the purchase with a bank or other agency, then I would like to touch base with you via PM about your experience.

I bought a new Laser Tierra RS from the Chonburi Ford dealer in May last year.

All up cost was about 950,000 baht.

I paid 300K up front and financed the rest.

Feel free to PM me if you want details.

I'll be online for another hour and then back again on Monday.

Will also add a guy I know, farang, works for Ford here and has nothing good to say about their service departments in the event of trouble at a later time.

Ditto to that... :D

My problems have not been major, but what few I've had have not been satisfactorily dealt with. :o

The Ford Everest is an ugly duckling compared to the Toyota Fortuner.

Yep, I looked at The Fortuner in Pattaya, looks nice, roomy, smart interior, but one thing I don't understand is why they had to go for Permanent 4WD on the model.

I have a Tiger 4WD, but is is usually in 2WD but the option to go 4WD is there if needed, wonder why they opted for permanent 4WD on the new Fortuner?

The New Vigo looked a bit strange to me at first, but I do like the 4wD 4 door version. Anybody got one?

After sales service in Thailand is not particularly good to say the least.Once sold there seems little obligation to provide a good service.

I'll disagree with that based on my experiences with Isuzu the past 18 months... Great folks, and I couldn't suggest any improvements in the service I've received. They went the extra mile at every opportunity, like they were anticipating my needs.... I'd recommend them and their cars/trucks, to anyone.

And no reports of Isuzu bashing/burning, either! :o

Aftersales service is definately hit or miss, generally , I'd agree. Over time, I've made a list of favorites, and I try to give them my loyalty. One thing most all businessmen love is a loyal customer, and that has paid off in spades for me many times :D

I bought a Ford Ranger 4x4 from Ford in Roi Et, Issan, about a year and a half

ago now. The price and the build of the car are great. Ive hit some massive pot

holes on Thai roads at speed with have literally thrown the car but the tracking and the body were unaffected.

The after sales service is very affordable and very thorough. You need to specify any special checks that you want made and so the services might cost a couple of hundred baht more but I am very satisified.

Having said that, watch the sales men. They appear to be willing to say and do anything as well as lie to sell the cars. I put a third down and financed my car through Cisco.

But when I was ready to buy and ready to transfer the deposit to Thailand the bl**dy sales man brought a load of scrappy second hand cars to my home to try and get me to buy one. What an as***le.

Then he lied about the financing being ok and the features that the car offered. He said that there were financing problems but if I offered him a bribe he would make them all go away.

Have your money ready and research the models that you want to buy thoroughly. Make sure that you can detect the lies that the sales man will tell you.

Good luck