Kissing Banned

kreon

None of you seem to have cottoned on to the fact that Indonesia is a Muslem country.

It has the largest muslem population in the world.

I wouldn't have expected anything else.

Getting back to the original point concerning Indonesia, I was living there when this was originally proposed, around 2 1/2 years ago. It was proposed by the then "Minister of Justice and Human Rights", who is also the leader of a major Muslim party. It may be significant that this man now holds the post of head of the state secretariat.

When questioned at the time, he claimed that it was to satisfy the demands of his constituents, so TizMe has hit the truth.

Then, the expat community as well as many Indonesians, saw this as a huge joke. I believe it was totally rubbished by the (English lang.) Jakarta Post. Nobody believed it would make the statute books.

It should be noted that this was a catch-all revision to the criminal code including all kinds of petty political "offences", ditto sodomy and oral sex, premarital and extramarital sex in any situation.

And the thaivisa prudes needn't jump out of their prams, wholesale snogging just isn't seen in Indonesia anyway.

Personally, I don't believe all this stuff will become law in Indonesia.

Just thought I'd pop this in as a bit of background info.

Thanks johnrh,

Nothing at all wrong with Muslims I have met... but those extremists give me the creeps! :o

Agreed on both counts. It was the increasing high profile of the extremists - among other things - that helped my decision to relocate last year.

Can't see that kind of attitude catching on in LOS, thankfully.

A little peck on the cheek should be ok, but mouth to mouth kissing in public should be banned. It is repulsive to watch. Issue citations or jail if necessary. That <deleted> should be left to the bedroom.

Remember once in NEP - we were sitting at the front in one of those half-outdoor beer bars. Loads of farang guys there with their Thai female friends having drinks and playing games, as per usual.

Then this farang couple walks in and decided they'd "get it on", so to speak, right there in the bar - tounges full-blown down each others throats. Think it was one of those daft attempts to say "we don't have to pay for our pleasures", but they really did look the most ridiculous people in the whole area at the time. Silly sods.

......................  It's just a political game the president is playing to appease the right wingers. . ...........

This thing first raised its head under the previous president, the weakling Megawati, who allowed the Moslem crowd to shout the agenda. The new president has the job of killing it!

For another view of this proposed criminal code see this link from this morning's Jakarta Post -

http://www.thejakartapost.com/detailheadli...0207.@03&irec=2

IMHO this is the kind of attitude more associated with Thailand's past military dictators than with Thaksin, despite yesterday's results.

None of you seem to have cottoned on to the fact that Indonesia is a Muslem country.

How do Muslims have babies?

Don't you remember the report from Malaysia a few years back.

Couples went to clinic asking for help as they had not had children yet?

After counselling it was found that they had NEVER had sex.........

Didn't even know what it was about.

This is the kind of ignorance that Islam encourages with its backward ways.

I thank God that Thailand is Bhuddist, with a laid back approach to sex,

and pray that the western "do-gooders" will not do any further damage here.

My wife and I kiss in public, and the children always get a hug and kiss.

It is an important part of family bonding.

I don't know, maybe I'm just an old stick at heart. I am certainly not bothered by it at a red level on the DJ Pat hatred meter; no sir. :D

messeng.gif

The plans for DJ Pats hatred meter

FTH, I love you because you make me laugh. :D

Even if he did set it at 123ms rather than the recomended maximum 104.

Rookie mistake :o

cv

I have been living and working in Jakarta for 2 years. A friend picked up a freelance working girl at a bar a while back. She later turned out to be 14 years old. In his defence, he is from Eastern Europe and had never been to Asia before. I doubt whether he had even seen more than 1 or 2 South-East-Asian girls in the flesh before. Considering where the bar was (a popular expat nightlife area in South Jakarta) she would by no means have been the youngest girl working in the bar.

As far as I know, there is no age of consent because it is illegal to have sexual relations unless you are married (to each other). It is also illegal to kiss someone (even in private) if you are not married to them.

In practice, though, Indonesians are for the most part the most easygoing and tolerant people you are ever likely to meet. And I doubt very much whether there is any "crime" that you cannot buy your way out of.

Then this farang couple walks in and decided they'd "get it on", so to speak, right there in the bar - tounges full-blown down each others throats. Think it was one of those daft attempts to say "we don't have to pay for our pleasures", but they really did look the most ridiculous people in the whole area at the time. Silly sods.

As ridiculous as the fat sex tourist drenched in sweat waddling down Sukhumvit road with a bored and uninterested bargirl ?

Yea, I am sure you guys look really cool......................

Give me a break. Silly man. :o

How do Muslims have babies?

Don't you remember the report from Malaysia a few years back.

Couples went to clinic asking for help as they had not had children yet?

After counselling it was found that they had NEVER had sex.........

Didn't even know what it was about.

This is the kind of ignorance that Islam encourages with its backward ways.

sorry, you're wrong here...the problem is not the sex, its communication between the couples, as many muslim man have 2-3 wives :D

when i lived in indonesia, my muslim friends only wanted childern with wives who met a certain status in society, all the other were just arranged marriages and sex was a no no, because of status issues :D

btw indonesia is also a laid back society, don't forget we also have extremists in the south :D

and to sum it all up, good ol' arafat was a great public kisser, as most arabs/muslims :D

au voir :o

As ridiculous as the fat sex tourist drenched in sweat waddling down Sukhumvit road with a bored and uninterested bargirl ?

Yea, I am sure you guys look really cool......................

Give me a break. Silly man. :o

By god, you're in one dire need of a blowjob. Just don't ask me...

We didn't look to bad, thanks. Point being everybody in the bar (including people meeting your description above) felt elevated at the time.

Have a nice day.

And if this certain sex tourist is not fat and sweaty, but a tall bronzed Adonis,and the bar-girl he is with is very interested,but a little on the plump side and the wrong side of thirty...........................does that make it different?

And if this certain sex tourist is not fat and sweaty, but a tall bronzed Adonis,and the bar-girl he is with is very interested,but a little on the plump side and the wrong side of thirty...........................does that make it different?

Yes.

We are talking about ridiculous sights. The Adonis with a Thai woman that is interested is not a ridiculous sight.

The old fat tourist that balloons down the sidewalk drenched in sweat with a diminuative uninterested bargirl in tow is. :o

Yes.

We are talking about ridiculous sights. The Adonis with a Thai woman that is interested is not a ridiculous sight.

The old fat tourist that balloons down the sidewalk drenched in sweat with a diminuative uninterested bargirl in tow is. :o

I know what you mean.....your avtar's pretty ridiculous

I know what you mean.....your avtar's pretty ridiculous

Haha.........Shall I change it for a pic of a premiership footballer? :D

Lampshade, I still wanna know how you know about insight being a lousy BJ, thanks for the info though, I promise I won't tell him it was you that told me. :o

Edited by Doctor John