My Allergies Are Out Of Control In Cm

sbathon

Does anyone know of a good doctor in CM who treats allergies?

My Thai/Chinese wife suggests you consider trying local herbal remedies, which work for her. If you go to any of the large 'herbal pharmacies', run by Chinese, they will 'diagnose' your problem and attempt to treat you. Of course not everyone believes in such things, but they work for many people.

If you are not happy with the results they will listen to you carefully, and be very keen to help you find an answer; especially if you can make the point that you are 'local' and not just a Tourist passing through. Sorry we cannot be more exact, but we live in Phuket; though we know CM pretty well the street names escape us.

My wife has used both Western & Eastern remedies. Neither cured her ongoing problem, due to an excess of Anti-Histamines and 'metabolic stress' caused by pollution; but both methods provide relief from the annoying symptoms.

Hope this helps. :)

• 2 weeks later...
Does anyone know of a good doctor in CM who treats allergies?

Its a good idea to find what it is that is causing the allergy. Did you move into a new place lately? What are the symptoms? Sneezing, itchy watery eyes, congestion?

Exactly! I'm looking for a good place to be tested for allergies. I have all the symptoms above and want to sort out what I need to do to minimize exposure to those and treat the remaining symptoms. Anyone know off a good doctor to do these tests?

Though he's best known on here for his chiropractic skills (and working wonders in that area), I believe the American Dr Ken Leeper also has experience in identifying allergies:

Shewe Wana Wellness Center - Dr Ken Leeper, D.C - 053-240-020

I suggest you give him a call to find out more.

Though he's best known on here for his chiropractic skills (and working wonders in that area), I believe the American Dr Ken Leeper also has experience in identifying allergies:

Shewe Wana Wellness Center - Dr Ken Leeper, D.C - 053-240-020

I suggest you give him a call to find out more.

I was going to try him for some back pain I have been having but when I called and asked what the fee was the Thai gal who answered told me it would be 1200 baht, which seemed a bit steep as I thought I saw someone recently say it was 800 baht for an hour session.

Did his rates go up or did I get wrong information from whoever answered the phone?

A lot of Chiang Mai residents suffer allergies in the early rainy season here, May-June. I've been told tree pollen is the major cause for most people this time of year. I have found that Flixonase spray works well, available OTC, but check with an allergist first.