The Premier League Relegation Crunch Weekend. . .

technocracy

I would have thought that "Sunderland" would have preferred Newcastle to go down since his team took maximum points off Hull.

For me:

Boro maybe lucky against our young lads but only a draw at best

Hull to lose against Uniteds reserves.

Newcastle to get pipped by a Nigel Reo Choker goal in extra time (can't stand him either)

Baggies down and out, and no quick return.

So:

Bye bye to Newcastle, Boro and West Brom.

Also think Southgate will get the push.

So how many of these vital games will be viewable by True subscribers? The games advertised as being on on Truesport 1, 3 & 5 are all meaningless games (except for the clubs' supporters). The key games, Man U/Hull, Villa/Newcastle are being advertised as being on Truevisions 106 etc. Where will a Platinum or Gold subscriber find these channels?

john dyke (is that his name) said both the hull and the newcastle game were on star/espn but there is no reference on the internet schedule

? Why you all asking if the games will be on television? If you have platinum True visions package, every single game is televised for you.

There are not enough channels to watch all the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

? Why you all asking if the games will be on television? If you have platinum True visions package, every single game is televised for you.

Yes, in theory... I remain to be convinced, but I hope you're right. Last week, the Hull/Bolton game was not shown.

ESPN/Star are not permitted to broadcast EPL games in Thailand as True have the rights.

The Hull/Bolton game was on Ch99 last week - the free preview channel.

According the the Truevision website the line up is:

Aston Villa VS Newcastle Ch27

Fulham VS Everton Ch59

Man City VS Bolton Ch61

West Ham VS Middlesbrough Ch63

Blackburn VS West Brom Ch66

Hull VS Man Utd Ch106

Liverpool VS Tottenham Ch107

Sunderland VS Chelsea Ch109

The only 2 games missing from their ad is the Arse v Stoke game and Wigan v Pompey - however in that list Ch67 Truesports Extra 2 is missing which always has a game on and the Arsenal TV channel Ch110 isn't shown either. So I assume the Arse v Stoke is on Ch110 and Wigan v Pompey is on Ch67.

The Stoke game better be bloody on anyhow - or I won't be impressed! But I'll be flicking between Ch106, Ch63 and Ch27 on regular intervals . . Ch109 may be added to the flick list depending the others! :)

There are not enough channels to watch all the games!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Relax guys, in addition to ts 12345, ts extra has games on channel 66 and 67, have even seen games on the fashion tv channel.

Just click on the tv guide button 10 mins before kickoff to find your team - go UTD reserves, and gary neville!

The channels may be random, but at least you get all the games, it's just finding them that's the problem. Don't know if every game is always shown live, but I think for showing matches live it's better than when it was just ESPN/Star plus I think they added two extra screening channels on gamedays, as for sure they always had a few games they couldn't show live with the amount of channels, and had to show them on delay.

If you have platinum True visions package, every single game is televised for you.

Every match is now shown live on the Gold package as well.

The Hull-Bolton match was shown live last week, I watched it. Channel 99 I think, but my memory ain't good.

Edited by delboy

I predict the points will be exactly the same as you have listed above, with the exception that Sunderland may scrape an extra one tonight at Pompey.

Wonder what will happen in the Northeast if Sunderland hang on and Castle are the biggest team in the Championship?

Hate it when I am right :)

Wonder which barcode will be first to go?

I predict the points will be exactly the same as you have listed above, with the exception that Sunderland may scrape an extra one tonight at Pompey.

Wonder what will happen in the Northeast if Sunderland hang on and Castle are the biggest team in the Championship?

Hate it when I am right :)

Wonder which barcode will be first to go?

shearer. back to the match of the day sofa and his appallingly dull clichés.

I just hope we take that we get Jonas Gutierrez can't have enough wingers! :D

Only got to see one blarting barcode before the feed was cut . . :)

This was one game I couldn't find last night on the tube. Saw Duff's own goal though at half time - kinda sums up Castle.

As West Brom are now down that leaves two spots, and Boro just don't look to have it in them to get out of the bottom. For me I reckon it will stay the same, with none of them getting any points at the weekend, so that will see the Barcodes join the other two. :)

In the end though there will be three very lucky teams, as IMO the bottom 6 are bloody awful.

Well, about time one of my predictions came right. Out of the three sides going down, I reckon Newcastle are going to be the one's who really struggle NEXT SEASON -mass exodus of players, some players though they will be stuck with on big wages, and obviously there is a lack of funds. The barcodes could easily be the next Leeds.

Well, about time one of my predictions came right. Out of the three sides going down, I reckon Newcastle are going to be the one's who really struggle NEXT SEASON -mass exodus of players, some players though they will be stuck with on big wages, and obviously there is a lack of funds. The barcodes could easily be the next Leeds.

I think the Loony Toons are gonna have a BIG surprise next season - I don't think most of the deluded supporters realise just how competitive the Championship is and to have any chance of getting out of it they got to be willing to fight for it and there will be plenty of smaller teams out to bloody the 'big club' nose.

They need to ship out virtually the entire 1st team and rebuild otherwise I completely agree they'll be following the likes of Charlton, Leeds, Forest etc down the league.

I think the Loony Toons are gonna have a BIG surprise next season - I don't think most of the deluded supporters realise just how competitive the Championship is and to have any chance of getting out of it they got to be willing to fight for it and there will be plenty of smaller teams out to bloody the 'big club' nose.

They need to ship out virtually the entire 1st team and rebuild otherwise I completely agree they'll be following the likes of Charlton, Leeds, Forest etc down the league.

Yeah, The Messiah :) is going to have a hard time of it against the likes of Scunthorpe, Doncaster, Plymouth, Barnsley, Peterborough who will certainly be up for beating them not to mention the bigger clubs who will be expected to push for promotion. Like you say, they have a lot of players that have no fight in them, and without that The Championship is going to be tough. Newcastle also do not have much of a youth set up, say like Middlesboro, or a side that such as West Brom who will not be indebted by being relegated. Out of the 3 down, I can see the Barcodes realy having a tough time of it. All the recipies for disaster are there - players on big contracts, players that don't want to be there, an owner who is an asolute idiot, coupled by the fact he wants to sell the club, they also have a fair amount of debt, and not much financial clout at present. If he couldn't sell it when they were in the premiership HTF will he do it now.

The deluded Geordies who wished for the Messiah (well they have two :D ), would have been better off letting Allardyce get on with building the side. It may not have been pretty but I very much doubt they would have been in the mess they are in now.

I am sure Big Sam had a few private and public chuckles at the end of last night. I did.

Pretty much everbody last night in the bar was laughing at the end. There didn't seem to be much sympathy for the Barcodes. :)

Sad part is that with relegation, they won't be attractive anymore to big bucks foreign Arab / Chinese / Indian buyers ..... :)

And wonder if Northern Rock will stay on as sponsor .....

Edited by Jacqqq

But they have one of the biggest stadiums in England, that should help their finances, along with many players leaving the club. They are a mess but I think they can come back in one season.

Newcastle will not be back at the first time of asking. West Brom might be.

Ashley needed to plan better, Sam was the man, there seemed to be no fight in the players, the young lads need to be pushed through now, and the dead wood needs to go quickly. West Ham and other teams have used the academies well to their advantages, Newcastle need to get the young ones in, they are the future and they have pride in the badge unlike the tossers who got them into the trouble they are now in. It might take 2 years for the young ones to gel together, but it will be well worth it in the end, a team of guys wanting to play for the team and loving the team they play for

Edited by beano2274