Gas Bottles

I'm not trying to minimize the dangers of leaking gas but if your floor was covered with an explosive mixture of gas and air it would not really be invisible in that the room would smell so strong it would be obvious beyond belief that you had a gas leak.  Unless you are seriously olfactorially impaired.

chownah,if you ever seen a crater 2metres deep and 100m long which was once a 24inch stormwater drain pipe after it filled with gas and ignited you wont minimise the dangers.

Plus your wrong on the smell ,lpg being heavier than air the odour also is low down so unless you into sniffing floor tiles you may never know till BOOOOM.

Also lpg is odourless and what you smell is a safety additive and varies in quantities added, you may have noticed an after smell when using gas,this occurs when to much is added and the opposite can occur.

ozzydom

I believe I'm correct on the smell. If your floor was covered with an explosive mixture it would be obvious as soon as you entered the room. You seem to think that I am trying to say that gas is completely safe....I am not. In fact in my post the first thing I said was "I am not trying to minimize the dangers of leaking gas." Perhaps I did not express myself clearly. What I meant by this is that cooking gas has a potential to be very dangerous especially when not handled, stored, and used properly and I'm not trying to minimize that danger. I have not seen the massive destruction you describe. I do not minimize the dangers.

Chownah

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't know what was meant by "gasfuse" but thanks to your link now I know.  You can buy gas regulators here in Thailand which automatically shut off in the same manner (I think).  The one I bought is made in Thailand  and the brand name is "Lucky Flame"  It is Model L-3265S.  The final "S" in the model designation stands for "safety".  You don't need any adaptors.  It goes on just like any other regulator.

Chownah

Thanks Chownah,

I found the "Lucky Flame" regulators here:

http://www.luckyflame.co.th/Default.aspx?t...erCategoryID=53

It looks like the one on the bottom might be the one you mentioned?

Checking out the "More Details", there aren't too many! Can someone translate the description please?

Anyone know if this Lucky Flame one is comparable to the Gasefuse in regards to safety?

Cheers, BaanOz.

Lucky Flame

L325%20safety.jpg

Gasfuse

gas_fuse_product.jpg

Edit: BTW I bought a Gasefuse today from Bunnings here in Australia. It was A$29.78,. Although if the Lucky Flame is as good as the Gasefuse, I'll keep the Gasefuse here for our BBQ and get the Lucky Flame ...it will save getting the connectors done.

Edited by BaanOz

I didn't know what was meant by "gasfuse" but thanks to your link now I know.  You can buy gas regulators here in Thailand which automatically shut off in the same manner (I think).  The one I bought is made in Thailand  and the brand name is "Lucky Flame"  It is Model L-3265S.  The final "S" in the model designation stands for "safety".  You don't need any adaptors.  It goes on just like any other regulator.

Chownah

Thanks Chownah,

I found the "Lucky Flame" regulators here:

http://www.luckyflame.co.th/Default.aspx?t...erCategoryID=53

It looks like the one on the bottom might be the one you mentioned?

Checking out the "More Details", there aren't too many! Can someone translate the description please?

Anyone know if this Lucky Flame one is comparable to the Gasefuse in regards to safety?

Cheers, BaanOz.

Lucky Flame

L325%20safety.jpg

Gasfuse

gas_fuse_product.jpg

Edit: BTW I bought a Gasefuse today from Bunnings here in Australia. It was A$29.78,. Although if the Lucky Flame is as good as the Gasefuse, I'll keep the Gasefuse here for our BBQ and get the Lucky Flame ...it will save getting the connectors done.

Yep. Thats the one. If I remember correctly it cost between 300 and 400 baht or there abouts. I tested ours and if gas wants to flow too fast it shuts off immediately. Its not adjustable as far as I can tell.

• 1 month later...

The NSW state gov are considering making it mandatory for all dwellings to fit smoke alarms following a spate of deaths in the last 2 weeks here.

How many have fitted smoke alarms to your own home or rented property since we last discussed it in this thread?

Come on, own up! :o

The NSW state gov are considering making it mandatory for all dwellings to fit smoke alarms following a spate of deaths in the last 2 weeks here.

How many have fitted smoke alarms to your own home or rented property since we last discussed it in this thread?

Come on, own up!  :o

First thing we fitted when we moved in. My wife uses it to check that the toast is done, if it goes off it's too late and more bread is collected from the bread bin :D:D