Looking For Atm To Get More Than 20000 Free At One Time

Hallo my Friends,

as i have a debit card from a savings account in Europe and can take visa plus atms to pick up money ten times a year free, so i look for bank where i can get most out at one time.

Living in Udon Thani now i tried more then twenty but only one where i can take 20000 baht, the bank of ayatuya.

One atm also wanted to charge me 150 baht so i did not use it.

Does anybody know where to put up this amount or more at one time?

Thanks my frienda

michael

The only ATM that I have been able to get more than 20k from is Bangkok Bank. But I am using a local card. You will be restricted to what your home bank authorizes as well as the local software/hardware. I believe most banks ATM's limit you to 20k when they have stock of 1,000 bills (less if they don"t). Bangkok Bank limit is 25 bills - so 25k if they have 1,000 baht bills.

All ATM's should be charging 150 baht for foreign cards now. GSB may still be an exception but there atms are few and far between.

There are 2 limits..

- the number of bills an ATM machine can dispense (usually 20, but some machines go up to 30, for example @ Citibank in Sathorn)

- the withdrawal limit imposed by the bank that issued the ATM card.

As I've mentioned a few times on this and other forums recently, UOB Bank (United Overseas Bank) allow you to withdraw 30,000 baht per time and do not (yet?) charge the 150 baht fee.

CMMCB

UOB correct as of yesterday, Monday, on Silom.

Hadn't tried them before, will again, didn't know about 30k, will try that next time. I note they have a branch at Future Park Ransit where I'll go.

There's an ATM in Udorn, too:

Name : Tang Ngeesoon Super Store Service Type : ATM Address : 119,121,123 Phosri Road Muang Udon Thani 41000

Mac

Hallo my Friends,

as i have a debit card from a savings account in Europe and can take visa plus atms to pick up money ten times a year free, so i look for bank where i can get most out at one time.

Living in Udon Thani now i tried more then twenty but only one where i can take 20000 baht, the bank of ayatuya.

One atm also wanted to charge me 150 baht so i did not use it.

Does anybody know where to put up this amount or more at one time?

Thanks my frienda

michael

Go inside any bank with your card and passport. Limit in LOS is 150.000 baht pr withdrawel. Can repeat several times a day until you reach your issuing banks limit. I had to to it 20 times in one day once for a property purchase :)

You can draw up to 200,000 Baht (some say 250,000) without paying a (Thai) commission from the exchange counter at SCB branches, the whole process takes just over ten minutes (if there's not significant queue) and all you need is your card and passport (and enter your PIN into the machine).