What And How To Appy For Non-imm O Marriage

Hi

I’m sure this has been answered numerous times before but…………

I am a UK national (female) marrying a Thai man. I would like to know what is required to apply for a non-imm O visa and the procedure. Here are a few things

- As I am marrying a Thai male, I have heard we don’t have to show the proof of income?

- My partner and I live in Mae Sariang (Mae Hong Son province), and for the past 6 mths I have been able to renew my non-imm O volunteer visa at our local Mae Sariang imm office. The imm officer there told us to apply for the marriage visa in Chiang Mai. I am slightly confused because I thought the visa rules had changed and that you had to do everything at your local imm office? My partners house registration card, is registered in Chiang Mai however ??

- I know that we would be legally married in Thailand, but is the marriage recognized in the UK as well ?

- Would there be any implications when I return home to the UK, of being married to a Thai national, with regards to Tax matters etc?

Anybody who could share their experience doing this in the Chiang Mai office would be great.

Is there a permanent post that details all of this?

There is no written requrement to show income but reports from members that are married to Thai men have said that they had to show income. But there is no fixed amount. I guess it would have be enough for you both to live on.

They probably said Chiang Mai because your husbands house book registration is for there.

For a man married to a Thai it would be a problem using an address you don't live at because they do sometime make a visit to check if you are living together or not. I don't know if they do it in your case or not. The visit is to satisfy number 3 in the rules that follow.

2.18 In the case of a family member of a Thai(applicable only to parents, spouse, child, adopted child or child of his/her spouse) : Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 1 year at a time.

(1) The alien has obtained a temporary visa (NON-IM)

(2) Proof of family relationship

(3) In the case of a spouse, the marital relationship shall be de

jure (legitimate) and de facto;

The documents normally required are, Marriage certificate, house book and ID card of your husband (originals plus copy). Your passport and copies of its photo page, visa, entry/permit to stay stamps and TM6 departure card.

You both will need to go for the application.

You should check with the immigration office that you use to find out what else they might require.