Cbr 250 Conversion Found!

Im talking about the thai 150cc 2 strokes racebikes, they will snap your neck after 6k rpm.

Aight pencil neck... :D:D:)

Hey- you're in Bangkok, right? Weather permitting a bunch of us are going to ride a few laps at BRC on Saturday morning.

I say it's time for you to put up or shut up. I'm betting my slow as molasses ER6 can dust you easily.

See you there.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All in good fun- I'm no racer and on a tight little go cart track like BRC a nimble little bike should definitely have an advantage in the corners. But Sinewave's claim that a 150cc bike can dust a litre bike must be put to the test. I'll tell Trent to bring out the ZX10R :) This is gonna be hilarious!

thailand-fast-bikes.jpg

he would be more than happy to put his shop bike up against another bike 600c or up....but like i said only up to 140kph.

140 kph people...140 kph....i can't seem to pound this into your heads.

SW.. You sound like some (young) scooter kid whose never really ridden a sportbike.

Do you have any concept how fast a sportbike hits 140 ?? I mean its over in snapping through 2 gears, the part thats complex is not flipping the bike, or breaking traction as the power is delivered, if the grip is too high or the power dropped too fast it will just rotate the bike over. I mean its done in a matter of a couple of seconds.

Even a sport 600 will just smoke a pocket rocket.. Now I admit if you go up against a CB400, or XJR400 or something thats a bit more all rounder, and its on stock gearing, that a bike set up only for off the line speed might get to 80 - 100 ish first (but be basically unuseable for general purpose riding).. But the idea a nuovo or a sonic or a cbr can hit 140 faster than a real sportbike, well frankly its laughable, and shows you havent used one enough.

Hotting up little bikes can be fun, riding little bikes can be fun, I dont argue with any of that.. in fact theres a lot to be said for the riding the bike as hard as you can rather then with a sportbike holding the bike back to ride the road and conditions as fast as you can (its an adjustment I am making now).. But my advise is, forget all this 20k bike, plus 40k kit, plus pipes, plus jets.. To end up with some 40bhp (generous) pocket rocket that will self destruct and get a real machine, even an older one.. That 750 GSXR will smoke any of the mini bike ideas.. To 140 to 180 to 200 etc..

No Sinewave has gone down this route before when he was 'modifying' his Cbr150. I don't think that he is capable of having a piss let alone 'taking the piss'

Edited by thaicbr

Yeah SW, You might have got some backing from me if you were saying a mid 80's v-4 2st like yam rzv 500 or suzuki rg500 gamma could out accelerate liter bikes(1rst hand exp) :D , but you lost when you said cbr 150 over 150 2str :) . Compare exp cbr: twist throttle, nothing nothing nothing then ahh it is still running ; 150 2str nothing nothing nothing then yeehaa. No offence to cbr owners, bike does what it is intended for. Peace

He Sinewave,

As somebody who reads and visits this boards as you do, you should have known that I'm immune to insults, so the only thing you do, is to lower yourself.

Furthermore, I guess you're not willing to share the address or the contact details with us, for the 250cc bore-up kit, so I can try to get my Honda Sonic modified.

Then I need to please more comments on your personal bike fantasies, which has little to do with reality where most of us live. So Sinewave if you ever step of your 150cc (250cc modified CBR150) and want to talk about things more down to earth I'm willing to comment or discus them serious.

thaicbr, your the guy that kept trying to modify his cbr, but only found out you had a 38 tooth sprocket in the end right? who's the dumbass? that would have been the FIRST thing i checked.

You are so utterlyignorant and cannot grasp the fact i was comparing a STOCK CBR 150 and STOCK nsr 150, did you make it past 5th grade? Go learn how to read things from the beginning.

Richard, i mean Dick....um yeah Dick....I believe you started throwing insults first.

jesus you guys are just plain stupid and don't know how to read - look:

1.Modified Nouvo vs cbr 150.....NOT sportbike

2.Full race 150cc 2 stroke against liter bike UP TO 140KPH....think motocross bike, ever seen a supercross race and the bike clears a set of triples with only a 30 foot takeoff....yeah im sure a literbike could do that...pffffff

3.Stock cbr 150 vs Stock NSR 150....

do you get it, can you read? Livinlos, Bigbike, Thaicbrdumbass, Dick?

and none of you have stated you have EVER ridden a fullrace 2 stroke bike yet, Thaicbr, don't even try to lie about it...your inexperienced statement already proves your peabrain has never ridden one. not even worth my time.

Never ridden a fullrace 2-stroke , but can talk shit...just brilliant.

Last post bye guys, can't argue with people who have NEVER ridden a fullrace 2 stroke...asking me if ive evr ridden a liter bike, is like asking if a bear shits in the woods and wipes his ass with a white rabbit.

anyone want info on the 250 kit shoot me a PM.

Edited by sinewave

Hello Sinewave,

I insulted you first? I made two joking comments, regarding you with a modified Honda CBR150, single-cylinder 250cc wanting to race a 4-cylinder (that is 4x250cc) 1000cc motorcycle this comments where in no means insulting.

Edited by Richard-BKK

2.Full race 150cc 2 stroke against liter bike UP TO 140KPH....think motocross bike, ever seen a supercross race and the bike clears a set of triples with only a 30 foot takeoff....yeah im sure a literbike could do that...pffffff

do you get it, can you read? Livinlos, Bigbike, Thaicbrdumbass, Dick?

Oh I read it.. And you were talking about a CBR 150 with your big bore kit.. Beating a ZX10.. Read it yourself..

I don't think the people who want to do the conversion are worried about that stuff.....Can you imagine the look when you beat a ZX10 off the line up to 140kph?...priceless

the CBR in weaving traffic will wallop on a big bike, and exactly how old are these big bikes that have gone through multiple somchai mechanics hands? 10 years at the least for a bike in the 75k price range.

Someone buy my honda click fast so i can start this!...I can get an extremely ragged out CBR for 18k right now.

So does a bear <deleted> in the wood and wipe his ass with a white rabbit.........only during the spring through fall time since that's when you stop seeing white rabbits? Does the bear keep a stockpile of white rabbits so if he wakes up during hibernation he can make sure his poop chute stays **squeaky** clean?

I'm confused.

Edited by dave_boo

I believe the real question is - "Have you ever ridden a full 150cc race bike"....My NSR 150 which was highly modified with stock displacement would KILL bigger bikes up to 140kph....

Hey silly, yeah we all read that nonsense you posted...

And you honestly believe it?!

What a muppet! :)

I believe the real question is - "Have you ever ridden a full 150cc race bike"....My NSR 150 which was highly modified with stock displacement would KILL bigger bikes up to 140kph....

Hey Tony, you think this could become popular in Thai---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExuX48ID7aE&feature=related :D

What a muppet! :D

Hey Tony, you think this could become popular in Thai---http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExuX48ID7aE&feature=related :D

^ Ha ha! That vid is nuts Supafly! :D

Snowmobiles on dirt! LMAO!

But, the big question is, can they keep up with Sinewave's NSR??? :):D

55555555555555555555555!!!

so what's it to be sinewave, are you up for the challenge, are you going to prove that your bored Honda wave or whatever it is, can smoke a litre bike off the line to 140kph? Or are you going to wimp out and pretend WE got the wrong of the stick? I agree with one of the earlier posts, you sound like a young kid who is used to scooters and has never even sat on a big bike, never mind riden one.

Then again, you could take up the offer and prove me wrong sonny :) I'm sure there are plenty of us that will ride up to witness the race.

When I think about it, I cannot keep up with my own NSR when it gets going and usually when it reaches 140 I deck off it and let it go down the road on its own. But in future I will have to be careful in case some f.....g litre bike or kiddies Batman scooter or even Sinewave on his race prepared NSR come bowling along behind me and take me out.

To tell you the truth, once it reaches 140 I cannot look at the speedo again as I am concentrating on the huge surge forward as it starts to scream up the revs. An intelligent estimate, based on what I have recently read on TV, such as a CBR150 doing 210 and other such nonsense, and plus no one ever passing me, even when I shout last one away from the lights is a wank-r , mine must be good for about 240 if I can just get it up to 22000 revs.

Whens this race with race prepared Suzuki Raider?????? Nevermind the litre bikes. Come on Neverdie, where you hiding your Raider?

Once again numerous posts and quoted replies have been removed for name calling - please keep it civil gents or one day someone is going to spit the dummy & then us overworked mods have to start dishing out corrective measures.

Other posts that are private communications between "concerned" individuals have been removed. Please use the PM system and don't clutter the open forum with crap that has bugger all to do with the topic at hand.

Thanx for your co-operation.

so what's it to be sinewave, are you up for the challenge, are you going to prove that your bored Honda wave or whatever it is, can smoke a litre bike off the line to 140kph? Or are you going to wimp out and pretend WE got the wrong of the stick? I agree with one of the earlier posts, you sound like a young kid who is used to scooters and has never even sat on a big bike, never mind riden one.

Then again, you could take up the offer and prove me wrong sonny :) I'm sure there are plenty of us that will ride up to witness the race.

I said I found the conversion , never said i had it done...what is it with people on here that do not know how to read.

Huh?...Muppet?....I don't understand British banter, are you suggesting i'm in collaboration with Kermit the Frog?..

and i repeat, at what point is the liter bike making full power?

Sinewave Mine makes full power at around 1800 is a touring / cruiser and has more Torque at tick over than a Honda Blackbird has at 8,500 rpm. I will willingly race your machine from 0-140 kph 2 up with saddlebags and tank bag.

As a famous American racer once said " there's no replacement for displacement " With a 240 section back tyre, Shaft drive and 3 pistons the same size as a 8 litre Dodge Viper I don't care how little your bike weighs or how many revs its pulling. :D

Don't get me wrong. I was brought up on the old school 2 strokes and big ones at that. From the Yam 350 RD to the Suzuki GT 750 " Kettle " A truly wicked bike that had a mental power band. That's when it wasn't boiling up that is :D My friend had the Kawasaki KH 750 " Widow maker " Another awesome machine indeed. Also had a few scramblers, They hadn't called it motocross in my day, The Maico 500 was an out and out animal.

It does though boil down to sheer grunt in dash up to 140. My R1 was quick but my ride now is quicker because unlike the R1 I am not fighting to keep the front wheel in contact with the road or trying to stop the back wheel spinning. Mine just sits down and disappears over the horizon. There is a guy here on Samui who has sent a fortune on his sonic. Bored out, high lift cams, polished and ported valves etc etc etc. Trouble is it spends 90% of the time in the shop getting something repaired. A 150cc bike is designed to suit the performance of 150ccs. Playing about will only cause another problem.I would simply buy a bigger bike :):D