Cbr 250 Conversion Found!

Can we change the Honda CBR150R into a "old" MZ RT 125 four-stroke motorcycle? I hope to get my firstly imported one pretty soon from Malaysia.. I need to say that this is a collection item, as it is fast...

Edited by Richard-BKK

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

LivinLos, I believe the real question is - "Have you ever ridden a full 150cc race bike"....My NSR 150 which was highly modified with stock displacement would KILL bigger bikes up to 140kph....up to 140kph not over, read again please 140kph.

Hey Bro,

No offense, but your suggestion that a 150cc "race bike" can somehow beat a 1000cc supersport liter bike off the line, or 0-60 is pretty silly...

go race a motocross bike , and don't come crying to me when you figure out your bike weighs 3-4 times more, and your fairings arent serving any purpose until after 90 kph.

LivinLos, I believe the real question is - "Have you ever ridden a full 150cc race bike"....My NSR 150 which was highly modified with stock displacement would KILL bigger bikes up to 140kph....up to 140kph not over, read again please 140kph.

Ohh pure comedy...

So a 130 bhp bike that will lift the front wheel in first and second (which is the 140 your talking).. With a 180 section sticky rubber rear tyre.. Is going to get beaten by a machine with maybe 20% the total power and a tyre skinnier than the same front that stays in the air on the sport bike ??

Have you had a think about the physics of this ??

If you mean you pulled away while a sportbike rider was ignoring you.. OK.. But well the other options are less polite to post.. I will of course admit that filtering through traffic a sonic can go through gaps a bigger bike cannot.. But thats not a measure of its speed or power, its a measure of its size..

And yes.. I have ridden plenty of 2 strokes and other small bore sportbikes, dirtbikes, young and old, etc.. And compared to a liter bike.. even a decade plus old one, they simply pale in every respect.. Simple power to weight, plus tyre contact patch.. I mean comparing any modified CBR 150/250 even to a sport 600 is laughable, then start doubling the power of the 600 and it becomes insane.

Hello Sinewave,

I agree, you have the idea that you win from big bikes, but what you miss is that big bike riders you race, are worried and go back to look for you.

I not want to call you a joke, but the more you tell the more it sounds you are not telling the truth, even a 250cc two-stroke GP motorcycle cannot win it from a Kawasaki ZX10. And this buddies have actual Honda Racing Freaks working on there bikes... with there help this 250cc 2-strokes come closs to 90 real horses in the real wheel.... But do the calculation 90BHP is nothing close to 130BHP, or some road legal liter bikes doing 180BHP.

jesus can you people read? i said up to 140 kph.

I need a project bike, if anyone with a CBR wants to race me against that modified nouvo...i'll take you on title for title, i lose you get my click, i win i get your CBR... :)

c'mon its just a nouvo...

Tell ya what.. Next time I am up in the smoke.. Lets put a somchai mechanic-ed, 15 year old rough as guts, old bike.. with (at best, when brand new) 2/3rds the power of a ZX10.. against what ?? Up to 140 (1 gear change)..

Can always use another scooter for the misses to rent..

My money is on my 55kg g/f on a Ducati 1098S, even if you riding a two-stroke GP250 bike. But you not even get close if she eats a sandwich on her yellow Yamaha FZ1

Edited by Richard-BKK

dude, I'm sure the mod to 250cc is really cool and makes it go a s**t load faster than stock. But, stop with the silly comparisons with superbikes. As other posters have said, a stock CBR/ZZR 600 would make absolute mincemeat of you, not to mention madder, meaner bikes in other classes.

Do yourself a favor.. If you want a bike with grunt.. Dont go messing with the small bore bikes, big bore kits, blown bottom ends, ripped clutches, rejet'ing, new pipes, etc etc etc.. it will be a never ending money pit.. With no resale hope ever..

http://www.bahtsold.com/detail.php?id=41828

Why not get a 750 GSXR for +- 75k - 80k ?? As long as you dont crash it, you will be hard pushed to not sell that for 60k in a long while of real use..

Model : NSR 150 SP

Engine type : single cylinder, two stroke

Engine size : 149cc

Bore x stroke : 59 x 54.5

Horsepower : 39.5 ps at 10,500 rpm

Weight : 122.4 kg

Tire size : (F) 90/80-17, ® 120/80-17 or 130/80-17

There seems to be some discrepancies about the actual power that the NSR 150 SP makes, though the factory Honda catalog claims 39.5 horsepower, it is unclear if this is actually true. Some people report that 28 - 31 Horsepower is correct. THESE ARE THE FIGURES FOR THE NSR.

So Sinewave i can not for the life of me see that you can make the statement

"and this next statement you will continue to rip me a new one for also - the stock NSR 150 and stock CBR 150 have the same speeds, the CBR can even pull away up to 140kph...Ive owned both and know the real deal."

You are saying that an Nsr150 was slower than a Cbr150. That a 2 stroke with at least 28hp is slower than a 4 stroke with at least 17hp......... uuuummmmmmm nope can't see it. methinks your Nsr was not in the best condition.

I can agree with you that a properly modified Cbr150 would be a very good bike (if it could stay together long enough) and would be loads of fun (in fact with a light rider may have excellent acceleration) but beating a modern litre bike ...nope can't see that either.

"BTW 28mm carbs are only 1500 baht." second hand Nsr ones are for sure. But new ones nope,and then you would need to use the nsr type throttle as well.

"Took my buddy back up to the shop today to revert back to the original throttle opposed to the short throw racing throttle and to remove the resistor inside the sparkplug boot, and we gained another 15%. With a broader powerband with the plug regapped to 0.98mm"

WOW. 15% Your guy has a dyno as well to check all these mods, you gained 2.5hp on that mod alone.WOW

Edited by thaicbr

Ohh pure comedy...

So a 130 bhp bike that will lift the front wheel in first and second (which is the 140 your talking).. With a 180 section sticky rubber rear tyre.. Is going to get beaten by a machine with maybe 20% the total power and a tyre skinnier than the same front that stays in the air on the sport bike ??

Have you had a think about the physics of this ??

If you mean you pulled away while a sportbike rider was ignoring you.. OK.. But well the other options are less polite to post.. I will of course admit that filtering through traffic a sonic can go through gaps a bigger bike cannot.. But thats not a measure of its speed or power, its a measure of its size..

And yes.. I have ridden plenty of 2 strokes and other small bore sportbikes, dirtbikes, young and old, etc.. And compared to a liter bike.. even a decade plus old one, they simply pale in every respect.. Simple power to weight, plus tyre contact patch.. I mean comparing any modified CBR 150/250 even to a sport 600 is laughable, then start doubling the power of the 600 and it becomes insane.

what makes you think a modified 150cc bike can't lift the front wheel in 1st and 2nd? are YOU awake?

tell me, at what point is a liter bike making full power?

Livi. lend us the money so i can get that Suzi :):D :D :D :D

SINEWAVE. i had a real CBR250 with about 45hp from a 4 cylinder 19,000rpm redline beauty of an engine. and i can tell ya when a liter bike pushes from the light it aint enough. sure for the 1st bit your ahead but only slightly. then if the bastard bumps it in to 2nd your in his <deleted>++ing mirrors. been there done that (and the cbr250 was geared for acceleration).

and if you give me shit about bike weight then it aint gonna work cos no way is a cbr 150 gonna get any were near 30hp let alone 45.

Edited by thaicbr

Hello Sinewave,

I agree, you have the idea that you win from big bikes, but what you miss is that big bike riders you race, are worried and go back to look for you.

I not want to call you a joke, but the more you tell the more it sounds you are not telling the truth, even a 250cc two-stroke GP motorcycle cannot win it from a Kawasaki ZX10. And this buddies have actual Honda Racing Freaks working on there bikes... with there help this 250cc 2-strokes come closs to 90 real horses in the real wheel.... But do the calculation 90BHP is nothing close to 130BHP, or some road legal liter bikes doing 180BHP.

Well, a 250cc MotoGP bike must weigh no less than 100kg; compare that with the Ducati 1098 which has (manufacturer spec so no gas, oil, or anything!!!) 173 kg. And rated power is only 160....rear wheel? Usually the numbers are 15-20% driveline loss. So you're looking at ~136 rear wheel. So while we're bench racing, let's say that the race 250cc makes some 0.90 'real' HP per kilo and the 1098 makes some 0.79 'real' HP per kilo (at best). And that's not counting the rider.

Power to weight baby (plus the fact that the race bike, even having to live in a very narrow powerband, would be geared better). I'd still bet on the Ducati during a drag race though......

Okay Sinewave,

I'm not the lightest biker on Thaivisa, but I guess on a Ducati 1098S (I never checked) I hit 0 to 100km/h at about 3 to 4 seconds... sorry I not checked 140 yet... but give it one second more... which is probably spaces calculated...

Edited by Richard-BKK

what makes you think a modified 150cc bike can't lift the front wheel in 1st and 2nd? are YOU awake?

Maybe it can.. but as it has a smaller contact patch / rubber on the road it has to have less traction.. And with less power to weight AND less traction.. Well your not onto a winner are you ??

Just do the bhp / kg sums.. That along with contact patch / transferring those bhp to the road.. Well it should all become clear..

Honda CBrR150R 120kg stock 17hp, upgraded to 250cc (I give it a amazing 34hp, okay unrealistic)

Ducati 1098S 173kg rated over 160hp, upgrade...not apply..

Hmmm wikipedia says that the Ducati 1098 can do 100km/h in 2.5seconds, shi.t what slow I'm...

Edited by Richard-BKK

Sinewave man cool dude. just sayin that your NSR was bolloxed (or highly modified)because an NSR150 in good working order will piss all over a cbr150. and yes many of us have ridden performance 2 strokes. ummm let me see Yam rd350lc. Maico 490. numerous 2t enduro bikes which i can't remember. and here in Thailand a TZR250 a 2t twin with about 50-60hp ( i should have brought that, lovely bike)

Edited by thaicbr

and Dave, Richard was just giving comparison for Sinewave. by the way. if any body has a tzr or a nsr 250 for sale pm me.

I know, but was just providing additional information. I think that he's more than a bit off track with his beating any big bike comment, but wouldn't be surprised to see it run down a 600 or two. It definitely would kill anything else in that segment of the Thai market.

ummm let me see Yam rd350lc.

Ahh yes.. the RD.. Rapid Death..

here in Thailand a TZR250 a 2t twin with about 50-60hp ( i should have brought that, lovely bike)

Sadly one of my close teenage mates came to his end on one of those.. And yeah they were nippy, but then I was a good bunch of kilos lighter back then..

Never seen a TZR but I have seen a TDR which IIRC shared the same buzz bomb motor.. But in a dirtbike setup.

Maybe it can.. but as it has a smaller contact patch / rubber on the road it has to have less traction.. And with less power to weight AND less traction.. Well your not onto a winner are you ??

Just do the bhp / kg sums.. That along with contact patch / transferring those bhp to the road.. Well it should all become clear..

and i repeat, at what point is the liter bike making full power?

traction is dependent on clutch release...and in the case of a racebike, more often than not, the crank is slightly off balance to gain that traction, instead of slipping and spinning of the tire, the race bike 'bites' the pavement every 180 derees of revolution of the crank in the case of a single cylinder bike...reducing tire spin.

how you like them apples? :)

The only way Sinewave is going to win from a liter bike is if he shows up dressed up like superman and tells a big bike rider you will not even see my taillight. Which is actual no lie, what ever we do we will never see Sinewaves taillight, as we leave it far far behind us, so by technicality he wins...

But Sinewave, be realistic, a Ducati does 2.5 seconds to get to 100 km/h, how fast do you go in 1 second..??

Edited by Richard-BKK

Sinewave man cool dude. just sayin that your NSR was bolloxed (or highly modified)because an NSR150 in good working order will piss all over a cbr150. and yes many of us have ridden performance 2 strokes. ummm let me see Yam rd350lc. Maico 490. numerous 2t enduro bikes which i can't remember. and here in Thailand a TZR250 a 2t twin with about 50-60hp ( i should have brought that, lovely bike)

I bought the NSR new from the dealer, it was sooooo pathetically slow, i took it in for modifications 3-5 days later...difference was like night and day.

Im talking about the thai 150cc 2 strokes racebikes, they will snap your neck after 6k rpm.

Sinewave you only have big apples if ya actually do it. go get a cbr and then get the work done. but wait you say the guy already has a Sonic done.........well as the Thais say same same but different. Its actually the same basic engine just with out the twin cam head. so should be fairly close to the mark. ask him if you can put that up against a litre bike or even a 600 supersports and see what your mechanic friend will say...... probably laugh at you as well. by the way thanks for the mechanic guys contact details ...(which i see you have not posted)

"I bought the NSR new from the dealer, it was sooooo pathetically slow, i took it in for modifications 3-5 days later...difference was like night and day."

This the same bike that you say will not beat a CBR150. errr what the <deleted>+k

"Im talking about the thai 150cc 2 strokes racebikes, they will snap your neck after 6k rpm."

ahhhhhhh question answered at 6k you backed off. I get it thats why it would not beat a cbr150

Edited by thaicbr

The only way Sinewave is going to win from a liter bike is if he shows up dressed up like superman and tells a big bike rider you will not even see my taillight. Which is actual no lie, what ever we do we will never see Sinewaves taillight, as we leave it far far behind us, so by technicality he wins...

But Sinewave, be realistic, a Ducati does 2.5 seconds to get to 100 km/h, how fast do you go in 1 second..??

Richard or should i say 'Dick', you weigh 130 kilos, thats 285 pounds, whatever you ride will be slow just from the sheer wind resistance of your fata$$...

Sinewave you only have big apples if ya actually do it. go get a cbr and then get the work done. but wait you say the guy already has a Sonic done.........well as the Thais say same same but different. Its actually the same basic engine just with out the twin cam head. so should be fairly close to the mark. ask him if you can put that up against a litre bike or even a 600 supersports and see what your mechanic friend will say...... probably laugh at you as well. by the way thanks for the mechanic guys contact details ...(which i see you have not posted)

this mechanic is a really cool dude, based on the behavior of most (not all) in this post, I don't want to be responsible for sending him a group of people to talk shit to him.

anyone who's serious can always PM me, then go to his shop and TRY to communicate with him, i already asked him what woud happen if i sent farangs to his shop and he said he wouldn't understand them, i have to translate since im 100% bilingual.

he would be more than happy to put his shop bike up against another bike 600c or up....but like i said only up to 140kph.

140 kph people...140 kph....i can't seem to pound this into your heads.

Thaicbr are you calling me an illiterate dumbf uck? im assuming your talking about Dick

Edited by sinewave

"I bought the NSR new from the dealer, it was sooooo pathetically slow, i took it in for modifications 3-5 days later...difference was like night and day."

This the same bike that you say will not beat a CBR150. errr what the <deleted>+k

"Im talking about the thai 150cc 2 strokes racebikes, they will snap your neck after 6k rpm."

ahhhhhhh question answered at 6k you backed off. I get it thats why it would not beat a cbr150

nah man, that just goes to show you have NEVER ridden a real 2 stroke racebike, the power comes on at 6k rpm, thats when the fun starts, why would i want to back off when the fun is just starting?

honestly man i think you have reading comprehension problems or something. Maybe your helmet's to tight?

Edited by sinewave

You still have not addressed the fact that you stated that the Cbr150 was faster than your super modified 6k neck wrenching Nsr. why is that dumb <deleted>+k

"real 2 stroke racebike"

yours was a modified Nsr mate NOT a race bike, and we have to presume badly modified if it can't beat a stock Cbr150