Health insurance

jjrbus

Hey Guy's and Ladies, I'm 55 retired and plan to spend the winter in Thailand, I am eligible for medicare and am a 60

% disabled veteran, will either of these do me any good in Thailand and if not what do you do for health insurance? thanks in advance and  See you soon.   Jim :o

Not sure is this is joke or serious question, It's not nice to pick onthe hadicapped so I will treat it as a serious question. If I did not tell you you would not know I have any disabilities ie I was shot in the right arm in Nam and have loss of motion in that arm and pain = 10%, add 2 more 20% and another 10% and I'm 60%, I am not quailified for a handicapped parking spot, which is a good thing.

Jim :o

I'm assuming that you're American.

I suggest that you ask your Government officials this question.

I doubt very much that Medicare in your home country will cover any medical expenses that you may incur in Thailand.

A disability pension would be a different matter. If the disability/injury to your arm is recognised as war related and requires on-going treatment, I would think that any medical attention that you may require for your arm whilst in Thailand, would be covered.

If however, you were bitten by a dog,(for example) and that injury required medical assistance, I doubt that you would be covered for costs.

I am not American so all of the above is guess work. I suggest that you make some inquiries back home.

Travel insurance from your local travel agent may be your best option. Most of the major airlines have on-line travel insurance available also.

:o

• 4 weeks later...