Booking Flights After Uk Settlement Visa?

I am in the uk waitng for my wife to get her settlement visa to the uk, is there anyone that can advise me on the best way to book the flights to bring her to the uk, I will require a return flight and my wife a single to the uk,I dont want to book a cheap flight return if I carnt garuntee the wife booking a single on the return leg, :)

I am in the uk waitng for my wife to get her settlement visa to the uk, is there anyone that can advise me on the best way to book the flights to bring her to the uk, I will require a return flight and my wife a single to the uk,I dont want to book a cheap flight return if I carnt garuntee the wife booking a single on the return leg, :)

Who do you tend to fly with?

I fly with Emirates and when you book with them online it gives you the option to choose seats. Book your flight first and choose a seat, then book her one-way ticket and choose the same flight you booked on. Once that is done you can book the seat next to you...

I have enough airmiles for a reward flight, so I need to find an available flight first..... Once that is sorted I'll sort out her flight.

One good thing is with the exchange rate is starting to improve and the price of the one-way ticket from BKK is dropping! :D

An alternative might be to consider flying by Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Stansted. Add .com on to airasia and you will get their web address. I did this in March when I returned briefly to the UK but did not have a return flight and did not want to buy a return ticket asd I am not planning a return in the next 6 months and I did not want to buy a ridiculously expensive one way ticket. In short I wanted to do it as cheaply as possible. From Stansted to KL I paid 283 GBP including extra baggage, meals, comfort pack and a preselected seat with extra leg room. A one wa ticket from KL to Bangkok cost about £43 GBP on the same airline with extra baggage allowance; it took longer but I reckon I saved a minimum of abut £300. The Airasia experience was fine even for a 12 hour flight and it arrived early.

I would choose an airline,(preferably a direct flight BKK_LHR carrier,or she could have transit problems)

Then phone their Customer Services .

Explain the situation and ask them to hold the seat for you,as you are the sponsor.

You will have to pay them directly by credit card as soon as settlement confirmed but at least you know that you will know her flights & have a copy of the -e-ticket,and they will e-mail her copy directly to your wife.

Both BA & TG will be very helpful (but they may not offer the cheapest fares)

I can not comment on other European,Asian Or Middle East Airlines ,that would involve change of flights en-route.

Assuming you're going to stay in the UK until your wife's visa is granted (and we all know how long that's taking :D ) why don't you just book your wifes ticket in the UK at the same time as you're booking yours. A

UK travel agent will have no problem booking a single and return flight at the same time and they can book the single from Bangkok to the UK, no problem. That way you can also pay in GBP and not have to worry

about exchange rates as you would when having to pay in Thai Baht, and guarantee you'll both be on the same flight home :D .

Just remember that her ticket must have the same name as in her passport (not her married name if her passport's still in her maiden name) and you'll probably need her passport number as well.

Just search for the flights you want online and then call their reservation centre. Explain you want a return flight and a single ticket for the return leg. That's what I did with Expedia when I brought my Mrs back to the UK.

• 2 weeks later...
An alternative might be to consider flying by Air Asia from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia to Stansted. Add .com on to airasia and you will get their web address. I did this in March when I returned briefly to the UK but did not have a return flight and did not want to buy a return ticket asd I am not planning a return in the next 6 months and I did not want to buy a ridiculously expensive one way ticket. In short I wanted to do it as cheaply as possible. From Stansted to KL I paid 283 GBP including extra baggage, meals, comfort pack and a preselected seat with extra leg room. A one wa ticket from KL to Bangkok cost about £43 GBP on the same airline with extra baggage allowance; it took longer but I reckon I saved a minimum of abut £300. The Airasia experience was fine even for a 12 hour flight and it arrived early.

I had a really bad experience with AirAsia's KL to London flight a few weeks ago. I'm not alone either as a few of my Friends have suffered too.

If I were you I would defiantly look for a cheap direct flight. Eva air are pretty good.

One good thing is with the exchange rate is starting to improve and the price of the one-way ticket from BKK is dropping! :)

When I first started checking the price of a one-way ticket BKK-MAN with Emirates it was £516 when the Baht was down to 49...... Currently it is £452 and still dropping!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

I always use skyscanner.net,they have saved me a fortune especially with international flights from BKK (as compared to Thailand travel agents)

Picking your day carefully can make a lot of difference, the website is able to direct you to the airline homepages which strangely can be cheaper.

I always use skyscanner.net,they have saved me a fortune especially with international flights from BKK (as compared to Thailand travel agents)

Picking your day carefully can make a lot of difference, the website is able to direct you to the airline homepages which strangely can be cheaper.

when myself and the mrs enquired about one way flights from bkk to london economy flight with all the main carriers,with many thai travel agents

non stop flight they wanted a stagering 35000 to 39000bt this is one way.

so i phones abig flight centre in london who i deal with before,

same ticket,same airline 20000bt each.

price of aphone call saved me ahell of alot of money in fact around 750 quid ,RESULT.

:):D:D:D:D:D:D:D

I've done various searches over the last week or two for one way flights to the UK traveling around the end of June/early July and not only does Jet Airways come out cheaper, according to their website for 'migrants and their spouse/family' making their first journey on their visa are entitled to a 40kg baggage allowance instead of the normal 25kg. For us moving to the UK the extra allowance would be a bid advantage so I've emailed them to confirm this is correct and to ask how this is allocated/recorded when booking the tickets (I don't want to turn up at the airport with my wife and stepdaughter to be told we're a total of 45kg overweight), but as yet haven't had a reply. Will post more when I hear.

Emirates airline is best you can change your return dates free of charge , I used dial a flight great customer service I explained to her I was getting married in Thailand and needed a single flight ticket for my wife they stored my debit card details on computer and a password for my father so he could buy my wife her ticket and change my flight dates :)

Emirates sound like a good idea, emirates are now doing 30kgs baggage and are were doing a return flight out 30th june return 7th july for £404 and a single to london on the 7th july for 27700 bht

I've done various searches over the last week or two for one way flights to the UK traveling around the end of June/early July and not only does Jet Airways come out cheaper, according to their website for 'migrants and their spouse/family' making their first journey on their visa are entitled to a 40kg baggage allowance instead of the normal 25kg. For us moving to the UK the extra allowance would be a bid advantage so I've emailed them to confirm this is correct and to ask how this is allocated/recorded when booking the tickets (I don't want to turn up at the airport with my wife and stepdaughter to be told we're a total of 45kg overweight), but as yet haven't had a reply. Will post more when I hear.

Just had a reply back from Jet Airways and they said the 40kg baggage allowance is only for Indian migrants flying from India. For the rest of us it's only a 20kg allowance. It doesn't say that on their website but I

thought it was too good to be true when I read it.

Emirates sound like a good idea, emirates are now doing 30kgs baggage and are were doing a return flight out 30th june return 7th july for £404 and a single to london on the 7th july for 27700 bht

Emirates are a good airline, but that single ticket to London works out about £100 dearer than the return ticket. You'd be better off buying two returns or asking how much the single ticket would cost if bought in England.

Assuming you're going to stay in the UK until your wife's visa is granted (and we all know how long that's taking :D ) why don't you just book your wifes ticket in the UK at the same time as you're booking yours. A

UK travel agent will have no problem booking a single and return flight at the same time and they can book the single from Bangkok to the UK, no problem. That way you can also pay in GBP and not have to worry

about exchange rates as you would when having to pay in Thai Baht, and guarantee you'll both be on the same flight home :D .

Just remember that her ticket must have the same name as in her passport (not her married name if her passport's still in her maiden name) and you'll probably need her passport number as well.

Are you 100% sure about this ?? buying a ticket for your missus in the UK ? I was allways told this was not possible and she had to buy the ticket in Thailand . Have you actually done this ?? or are you assuming this ? I would be keen to know the facts about this . I sent the money over to mine and she booked over there.

I am planning on flying out to Bangkok to spend a week in Thailand before coming over with the wife....

Planning on using some airmiles to buy my ticket - have enough for an economy reward - 75k but if reward bookes online I can get it for 67.5K.... :D

Just been checking for available dates....... no seats available with my reward balance until 1st July :)

[

Are you 100% sure about this ?? buying a ticket for your missus in the UK ? I was allways told this was not possible and she had to buy the ticket in Thailand . Have you actually done this ?? or are you assuming this ? I would be keen to know the facts about this . I sent the money over to mine and she booked over there.

I have bought tickets for flights already couldn't resist them, they were cheap, but my wife is still waiting for the visa.

booked through expedia flying from Manchester with Eitihad, 28th June, my flight cost £381.00 return & the wife & baby's £430.00 for a single combined baby to sit on lap, think the itemised bill showed £29.00 for the baby, 2hrs in Abu Dahbi for both flights, fly back 16th July, fingers crossed she gets her visa :)

so yes 100% you can book from the UK :D

There's no problem booking tickets in the UK for a one way flight back from Bangkok. I flew the wife over on Thai Airways a couple of years ago. I've also just booked Gatwick-Bangkok for us in september coming back in october for £390 direct with Emirates on their website and I have got a one way flight for her ten year old son to come back with us. This flight is open so I have to confirm it if he gets his visa or move it if he doesn't. He doesn't even have a passport but the flight has been linked to ours and when I have his passport number I can go online and enter it.

I have always found Emirates out on their own for service, if you call them if it can be done for you they will do it.

There's no problem booking tickets in the UK for a one way flight back from Bangkok. I flew the wife over on Thai Airways a couple of years ago. I've also just booked Gatwick-Bangkok for us in september coming back in october for £390 direct with Emirates on their website and I have got a one way flight for her ten year old son to come back with us. This flight is open so I have to confirm it if he gets his visa or move it if he doesn't. He doesn't even have a passport but the flight has been linked to ours and when I have his passport number I can go online and enter it.

I have always found Emirates out on their own for service, if you call them if it can be done for you they will do it.

I've almost always used Emirites in the past like you have had first class service. but a friend of mine who has flown both says that Ethiad are almost as good and they have better deals at the moment. The difference though is that Emirites give you a 30kg baggage allowance while with Ethiad it's only 20kg. Both airlines also allow you to take your golf clubs (up to 15kg) free of charge whereas other 'cheap(er) airlines charge excess baggage for them.

Yes, I have :D

I've almost always used Emirites in the past like you have had first class service. but a friend of mine who has flown both says that Ethiad are almost as good and they have better deals at the moment. The difference though is that Emirites give you a 30kg baggage allowance while with Ethiad it's only 20kg. Both airlines also allow you to take your golf clubs (up to 15kg) free of charge whereas other 'cheap(er) airlines charge excess baggage for them.

You're right regarding Etihad. I flew with them three years ago and they were also good. If you look around, each airline have good deals depends when you want to go. I booked Emirates for the 24th of September because it was about £60 cheaper but exactly one week later it was about £70 more expensive. I try to get as much time away as I can so I fly out on the thursday evening and come back on the friday evening. As I come from Guernsey I also have to fly to Gatwick first so I fly in late afternoon and pray there are no delays.

you can 100 percent for sure do this no problam.

when we was looking around in thailand for our one way rtn we was quoted stupid prices.

so i rung up dial a flight in london,asked them if this was ok to book flights from bkk to lhr while we was in thailand,and yes this was ok to do.

the price we paid was half price of what they wanted in thailand.

this was with the same airline and same flight thai airways,dont really like thai air but the tickets were the right price.

payment by debit card,5 mins later recieved e ticket.

thai let you carry 30 kg each.

the flight was 50 percent empty,so everybody had plenty of room to spread out and relax, result.

jp :D:D:D:D

Managed to get mine and the wifes tickets booked.....

I booked an Airmiles reward flight with Emirates for myself, and then tried booking the wifes one way ticket........ eventually got it booked, by phone directly, with Emirates. My bank tried their best to block the transaction for the one way ticket. But, after explaining it was for my wife and I would be travelling with her, my bank agreed to honour it, and Emirates issued the ticket.

And I get to go on the Emirates A380 into Bangkok!!!!! :)