Needs For Teach English And Visa

Hey everyone

i have get a lot of information about teach english in Thailand.

But now i would like to know if there have been change the rules about teaching in Thailand.

Is the ELT training courses still enough to teach and get visa?

Hey everyone

But now i would like to know if there have been change the rules about teaching in Thailand.

Is this about you wanting to teach english.............

Hey everyone

Yes. The new rules require capitalisation

Edited by Phatcharanan

The OP is asking a question about getting a visa/work permit not for a critique on his typing ability. So enough of that.

For answers about the qualification required to teach I suggest you have a look at this topic. And then have a look around that forum for more info.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Questions-Qu...ns-t103578.html

Then come back and ask how you go about getting a work permit and visa if you qualify.

I'm sorry Ubonjoe but the guy is asking about a visa to teach English. His English composition is bad and he obviously does not understand the English language as his reply states

" if i had that kind of education i would not ask here... what i would like to know is what is min need for teaching? "

You have to expect the guy to get at least a little stick. All in good spirit though or is it just me ? :):D

your right.. i have notthing there can make me a teacher, only them i can pay can say that.

But anyway the work is there and then i would like to know what i at less should have to get a "yes" for my visa, just so i have something to work whit

I gave you the requirements to get a work permit. If you can get a work permit you can get a visa and then an extension of stay.

All you have to do is find a job and you will get the work permit and visa.

I gave you the requirements to get a work permit. If you can get a work permit you can get a visa and then an extension of stay.

Thanks a lot ubonjoe.. i have read it and have some question.

have to show some kind of licensen but there is something i need some explanation on.

1. What is Guarantee letter? Guarantee for what..

2. How do i get a permission for teaching without licensen?

3. Trainer what is that with teaching to do..

so my only problem here is to find the right licensen or else all other things should be ok

So is it the case that if you have a WP the you should automatically get a visa or visa extension? Because I have recently had my WP extended yet will likely be refused an extension to my Non-Imm B visa in July due to no teachers licence or waiver from the teacherscouncil even though they are not required to get a WP???!!!

So is it the case that if you have a WP the you should automatically get a visa or visa extension? Because I have recently had my WP extended yet will likely be refused an extension to my Non-Imm B visa in July due to no teachers licence or waiver from the teacherscouncil even though they are not required to get a WP???!!!

what is a WP?

The first prerequisite to teach English is to firstly be able to speak, read and write the target language.

do that mean if my english is 1000 times better then the english teacher in the school now :D:)

i know what you mean

The first prerequisite to teach English is to firstly be able to speak, read and write the target language.

do that mean if my english is 1000 times better then the english teacher in the school now :D:)

i know what you mean

Do you?

i know what you mean

Do you?

yes he do not speak english at all so yes i think i do..

but that is not enough to get visa one...

do you know anything about Guarantee letter and trainer what that mean, what i can do with it and where to get it?

I just delelted a post and a reply to it.

I also cleared a report that was made by the same person that had a post deleted.

The OP is just trying to get some information. He is asking questions about getting a work permit (WP).

Some people can speak perfect english but have a problem when it comes to writing it on a key board.

I just delelted a post and a reply to it.

I also cleared a report that was made by the same person that had a post deleted.

The OP is just trying to get some information. He is asking questions about getting a work permit (WP).

Some people can speak perfect english but have a problem when it comes to writing it on a key board.

You are right Joe.

May I suggest that the guy tries a couple of other sites ajarn.com and ajarnforum.net, he may gleem some useful information from someone there.

I think that the op is a troll. If not, his poor English should be commented on. I usually refrain from commenting on people's English skills, because I know that everyone makes mistakes and this is an informal forum. In cases like this though, I think that English teachers have a duty to point it out; as the quality of other English teachers reflects on us all.

ESL has a bad reputation in Thailand and a lot of this has to do with the 'perceived' quality of the teachers. Anybody reading this thread will see it as further evidence of the low quality of ESL teachers here. The ability to write reasonable English is a must for an ESL teacher.

If the OP is not a troll then he should be aware that he acts as an ambassador for ESL teachers and that higher standards are expected of him.

I think that the op is a troll. If not, his poor English should be commented on. I usually refrain from commenting on people's English skills, because I know that everyone makes mistakes and this is an informal forum. In cases like this though, I think that English teachers have a duty to point it out; as the quality of other English teachers reflects on us all.

ESL has a bad reputation in Thailand and a lot of this has to do with the 'perceived' quality of the teachers. Anybody reading this thread will see it as further evidence of the low quality of ESL teachers here. The ability to write reasonable English is a must for an ESL teacher.

If the OP is not a troll then he should be aware that he acts as an ambassador for ESL teachers and that higher standards are expected of him.

You are not the only one who thinks this Garro. My post was deleted; I hope yours stays.

OK; the topic is now here in the ThaiVisa Teaching forum, where we teachers will treat him as well as other teaching forums would - by professional standards.

damslund, if you are attempting to replace an English teacher whose English skills are much worse than yours, the job may be in a place so remote that they don't know how to get you legal.

I suggest that you review topics here and back in our sub-forum on visas and work permits. Good luck.

May I suggest that the guy tries a couple of other sites ajarn.com and ajarnforum.net, he may gleem some useful information from someone there.

I've looked in on those sites from time to time and found the standard of English deplorable. Truly a case of the blind leading the blind ... if you can "gleem" what I mean.

Edited by Kaojai

This may actually be a side-discussion to this issue, but I too have been made to think by the OP....

Maybe this should be better off in a new thread.. but here it is anyway....

Don't we as "Professional" teachers not only have a resposibility to the standards of our Profession... But also to the Students who don't know any better and are actually hoping to Learn something about the English language???

Or are our students only the Innocent Victims of Thai eductional circumstances, and therefore their actual education not within the scope of our "Professional" responsibilities???

Or are we saying that 'Some' English, even Bad English is acceptable to our "Professional" standards????

Where is the line...

- A Thai teacher that knows more Grammar than we Native speakers do, but who can "Speak" no English and is Conversationaly illiterate?

- A Thai teacher who can speak poor English and hold a conversation that leaves a lot to be desired in applied Grammer, as actually knowing the rules has little relationship in application?

- A European or Non-Native speaker (including Thai) who is Fluent in English, speaks with a pronounced European accent, but can get the idea across? (The Irish & French Canadians would fall into this catagory. :) )

- Native Speakers from The Phillipines, India, Etc.

- Native speakers that know No Grammer and just wanna have fun?

- Native Speakers with a Degree in Pys. Ed?

- Native Speakers with No degree, but look like Brad pitt, etc?

- Native speakers with no Degree and lots of Empathy, charisma and able to connect with the students?

- Native Speakers with an Ed. degree, but no Classroom persona, and just looking forward to his next evening out?

I mean... We are "Professionals"... a line has to be drawn... somewhere... Doesn't one?

Just how "Professional" are we, here in Thailand, anyway?

CS

Edited by CosmicSurfer

I've looked in on those sites from time to time and found the standard of English deplorable. Truly a case of the blind leading the blind ... if you can "gleem" what I mean.

Um, suppose I shouldn’t post on a teaching forum as engineers are notoriously bad at spelling, but just remember..them that can do do and…well you know the rest of the saying. If you gleem what I mean.

without edit

Normally I never comment on poor English usage on this forum, as I am far from perfect myself. However, I feel compelled to comment this time.

I totally agree with the above quotation by Garro.

The original poster confirms Garro's statement and as such makes a mockery of the profession.

This forum should be encouraged to comment in cases like this and should act as a self-regulatory body to improve the quality of ESL teaching in Thailand.

I am not talking about nasty remarks to common mistakes or errors but sincere and constructive suggestions in cases like the original post.

Rant over now......

Frm-Bkk