Schengan Visa Scheme

I am a British subject living in Thailand with my Thai wife. She has recently received her first passport in her married name and is currently applying for a visitor's visa to spend a couple of weeks in the UK.

I have friends living in the Canary Islands and would like to show her off to them. I understand she will need the Schengan visa to do so. Can anyone explain the procedures we have to go through in order to obtain such a visa please

I am a British subject living in Thailand with my Thai wife. She has recently received her first passport in her married name and is currently applying for a visitor's visa to spend a couple of weeks in the UK.

I have friends living in the Canary Islands and would like to show her off to them. I understand she will need the Schengan visa to do so. Can anyone explain the procedures we have to go through in order to obtain such a visa please

I guess you should visit the Spanish Consulate on Wireless (they are helpful)

Being married to a British subject should help the process

Get your friends to write an invitation (mind you a hotel reservation should suffice if you do not want to involve them)

I suppose that you are talking about a Thai passport

She should apply to the Spanish embassy in Bangkok. See post #4 on this thread for address, contact details etc.

Read the form carefully; as she is the spouse of an EU citizen, and travelling with her spouse, many of the questions will not apply to her.