Where Can I Get A Real Brazilian Wax In Chiang Mai?

mp413

"Ladies and gents, any useful and specific hints to the OP to help out will be most appreciated."

All for it McG. But, you know it's kind of lame that there's an obvious white search box that yields too many off topic hits screaming 'Pick Me! Pick Me!' and then nobody knows that the ideal sub-forum specific search box is gotten-to thru the word there in the grey band that is so easy to look over. Would be much easier so that we wouldn't have to tell every new member, every time how to do a search, wouldn't it ? That would make it so much easier for ppl to help themsleves. I wonder if the same pointing in the rt direx has to happen in every other subforum on a daily basis?

'Cause I know there's stuff on this topic for CM as I started a thread a cpl yrs back about waxing on behalf of my Aussie gf back then. There've been one or two more threads here on it too. She (he!?) probably looked already thru the wrong box and got frustrated.

My 2 baht's worth.

Happy waxing ! Let us know how it goes.

I don't quite follow everything you say, but yes I did search through the regular search box up above. A search for "brazilian" didn't bring up anything relating to waxing in Ch. Mai except my thread. Also, thaivisa forum posts can be found in Google searches, and a Google search on this topic yields only a couple of hits, none from this forum.

I am hoping there are some Ch. Mai residents who can recommend a spa they have used for this particular service. Thanks, and fingers crossed the next reply is actually a reply.

I saw a place that does the Brazilian.

It was just down the street from Art Cafe on the first soi ( where the old Bake 'n Bite used to be )

It has since closed and now the "flight of the Gibbon" booking office is there now.

You could ask 'em where the old business has moved to.

Preferably near the airport. Thanks!

mp413

Cant hep you out with where to go for a brazilian, but if you are interested in ipl laser removal I can recommend Ratika Clinic. With laser you wont have regrowth problems. There are actually a lot of clinics offering IPL but some prices are quite costly. Ratika staff are friendly as well as experienced. However its not close to the airport.

Ratika

33 Soi9 sirimunglajarn Rd.

T.Suthep Muang Chiang Ma

Prices around 1000 baht per area (depending on area. Usually one area is something like lower legs (both), underarms(both), bikini area), but you can buy a course of treatment at a discount.

Good luck. :)

What is a real Brazilian wax anyway?

Aww Blinky..Ok..

Brazilian waxing:

In Brazil, 'waxing' is referred to as "depilação", and has different names to distinguish the area of the body as well as the amount of hair to be removed. The full Brazilian Wax is a "complete groin".The waxing style which leaves a small strip of hair is known in Brazil as cavado, a word that means "to miss peripheral material" and is also applied to bikinis, pants and shirts. In Portuguese, "to wax" is depilar, which means "to remove hair" regardless of method. (wiki)

Brazilian styles:

brazillian-styles.jpg

At least you got a little humour from Blinky Bill's reply and some honest advice from eek, who by the way almost always has something positive to say. :)

A little hair on a woman never bothered me, and certainly nothing that a pair of sissors couldn't maintain.

Now there are some MEN that could possibly use a wax job...

Furry_back.jpg

Hi mp413,

I can't help you specifically but you could call/visit Nail Cafe on the Huay Keaw Road: http://www.dasydesign.com/chiangmai.html

I know that the owner of Nail Cafe, Khun Dao, has been taught all her skills by Daydesign (a Dutch couple) and that very well may include the Brazilian waxing. If not, Khun Dao may be able to advice you further. Otherwise call Sylvia or Dave from Dasydesign (http://www.dasydesign.com/). Although they are based in BKK, they distribute their products in Chiang Mai and it's is very possible they can advice you where to go to a good B-waxer.

Good luck!

At least you got a little humour from Blinky Bill's reply and some honest advice from eek, who by the way almost always has something positive to say. :)

A little hair on a woman never bothered me, and certainly nothing that a pair of sissors couldn't maintain.

Now there are some MEN that could possibly use a wax job...

Furry_back.jpg

Ya just gotta love those NASCAR folks... ( I bet it's his sister sittin' next to him.. true love in N.C )

I can't believe I haven't gotten a single recommendation yet! Surely there must be a place that does this in Chiang Mai... Let me broaden my query to places that do high quality waxing, including bikini, and maybe I can call and ask. Anyone found a good place for bikini waxing?

thanks!

I can't believe I haven't gotten a single recommendation yet!

Well, look, what do you expect? Thai women just aren't that hairy.

So it's a ... (wait for it) .... niche market. (*ka-ching*)

owever its not close to the airport.

Ratika

33 Soi9 sirimunglajarn Rd.

T.Suthep Muang Chiang Ma

If that's not close to the airport then I don't know what is. It's all of a 5 minute drive from the terminal. (Taxi through Wing 41 Rd)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

"Thai women just aren't that hairy."

hahahaha! stereotypes that like just make me laugh. there are hairy and non-hairy people in every group, I have seen more than a fair share of Thai women who seriously would benefit from the concept of hair removal. Just like there are women of other backgrounds who are (fortunately, for them) naturally un-hairy. The vast majority of women (women, mind you - not prepubescent girls) have hair, totally up to personal preference whether to remove it or not, and how.

Ratika may very well be near the airport, but if you read above they do laser, not brazilian waxing, so doesn't answer my question.

Again, still hoping for recs. of good general waxing salons!

thanks

If that's not close to the airport then I don't know what is. It's all of a 5 minute drive from the terminal. (Taxi through Wing 41 Rd)

Oh?? I couIdnt find the IeafIet i have, so i Iooked up the net for an address. I must have got it wrong. Its Iocated behind CentraI Kad Suan Kaew. WiII repost Iater the correct address once i find it. ApoIogies to the OP.

edit: er nvm..i guess it IS 5 minutes from the airport..but stiII, i thought the OP wanted cIoser. Anyway, its for Iaser..so nvm...oh im so sIeepy..shouIdnt post when sIeepy...

Edited by eek

haha eek you're fine, winnie's post was directed at me, not you. i'm in need of a quick fix since i live in a small town and don't have time for laser which i understand takes time. but i appreciate your suggestion, it's something i may consider eventually!

• 8 months later...

Err....dangerous territory this, but the Memsahib has what Eek's diagram illustrates is a Brazilain wax on a regular basis, you might have to use different terminology to get what you want, but i believe that such waxes are widely available in salons in Chiang Mai. Why not print off Eek's diagram to help the locals understand what you want.

I got one about a year ago. sorry everyone's giving you headaches about this! I don't recall the name, but it was right past the (formerly Rydges) Amora Tapae hotel. Smallish salon, ladyboy did an excellent and (ouch!) thorough job. It's like right near the 7-11. And all you other guys: grow up!