Pattaya To Shinookvile By Car With Driver

For years tourist have been asking about how to get back and forth from Pattaya to Shinookvile. I know some of the other routes are asked about but this seems to be the popular one.

So I am asking "would you pay about $300US for door to door with car and driver, with Thai/Cambodia car and drivers transfer at border?"

I know you can travel for less but this is done with one ticket, no delays, in one day.

:)

I used to hire a van with a driver and a guide for 2000 baht per calender day (plus fuel)...through a travel agent (Friends Of Nature, Bangkok)

300 dollars seems way out of line

What year was that trip?

Have you done the math with todays petrol price?

Did the driver cross the border?

thx :)

On the cheap.....

I know you can buy a ticket in Shinookvile for just over $30US for this trip but from the other direction it is not available. It is also in a mini van and bus. From Pattaya it is a two day trip. These trips can be uneventful but other times it can be a trip from hel_l.

This is not ment to be cheap but ment to be problem free.

Frankly I'd have thought the gaping hole in the market is for some kind of mini bus service, as another poster said you can easily get from Sihanoukville to Pattaya by bus and mini bus for $20. I don;t know of any services being offered in the opposite direction though, instead you have to go to trat, get a songtaw or mini bus to the border, cross then catch a tuktuk to koh kong where you get a bus ticket and you can't really do it in one day, meaning you'll end up sleeping over at Koh Kong for a night. In otherwords it's a bit of a pain. That seems ripe for exploiting but not at $300 for a private car. There's a recession on you know, I think your far better off with some kind of mini bus.

Frankly I'd have thought the gaping hole in the market is for some kind of mini bus service, as another poster said you can easily get from Sihanoukville to Pattaya by bus and mini bus for $20. I don;t know of any services being offered in the opposite direction though, instead you have to go to trat, get a songtaw or mini bus to the border, cross then catch a tuktuk to koh kong where you get a bus ticket and you can't really do it in one day, meaning you'll end up sleeping over at Koh Kong for a night. In otherwords it's a bit of a pain. That seems ripe for exploiting but not at $300 for a private car. There's a recession on you know, I think your far better off with some kind of mini bus.

I agree on some of your points.

But the bus ticket from SV to Pattaya is just over $30US. But is not private.

Pattaya to SV in one day does not exist. This might be the only option for the service. The quote was for the whole car. So if the price is under $300 which it is and then multible passengers then the price comes down somewhat.

I have heard posters requesting this and never having a solution. So with this at least you could go for a price. THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE FOR THE BUDGET TRAVELER.

I am trying to get the travel agents interested but all that is out there are budget travels (so far) so I guess it will remain a two day trip.

Thanks so much for your input !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Private taxi,s go from Had Lek to Sihanoukville any time of day for $60-70 ,that leaves you over $200 to bus down there .

A meter taxi Pattaya - Had Lek would cost about 3000 baht ($100 ) and your in Snooky for afternoon tea.

Private taxi,s go from Had Lek to Sihanoukville any time of day for $60-70 ,that leaves you over $200 to bus down there .

A meter taxi Pattaya - Had Lek would cost about 3000 baht ($100 ) and your in Snooky for afternoon tea.

OK my numbers are off but will get back with better estimates. I dont agree with all of your numbers.