Scorpions

chorizo

Seems like the scorpions have come out since the rains started, finding them under flower pots and garden area. My gardener got stung by a very small one and he rubbed a red onion on it( the sting not the scorpion)..i would have went to the hospital....

My question is...is there a method to get rid of them , say a spray or powder or whatever....??

The 6" long centepedes(sp) are around too , usually getting a scream out of the wife and daughter....

Thanks for any help..

chorizo

Seems like the scorpions have come out since the rains started, finding them under flower pots and garden area. My gardener got stung by a very small one and he rubbed a red onion on it( the sting not the scorpion)..i would have went to the hospital....

My question is...is there a method to get rid of them , say a spray or powder or whatever....??

The 6" long centepedes(sp) are around too , usually getting a scream out of the wife and daughter....

Thanks for any help..

chorizo

Thanks for any help..

chorizo

I just wrote a lenghty post on pest control, but lost it somehow, no time to rewrite now, but one suggestion is: for spot treatment Chaindrite 1 aerosol Crack and Crevice spray, alphacypermethrin and bifentrin. or for larger areas mix your own in a 5 liter hand pump sprayer, with Chaindrite 4 Stedfast, cypermethrin concentrate. Other products may be effective too but I have used these for years and get about a one month residual. don

Other products may be effective too but I have used these for years and get about a one month residual. don

Yep, the best "product" is a big shovel/spade - cut the buggers in half with the blade then mash the remains with the backside, finally, scoop into the bin with the same shovel. Sorted.

Cheers,

Pikey

Your centipede was only 6 '' long?

Came into my kitchen one afternoon to find my cat had cornered something under the sink area. When this happens he usually sits patiently waiting for whatever it is to come out and play. I thought he'd caught a bird or a small lizard (his specialty) and brought it home to show us. Well I went to investigate and heard something that sounded like very small pebbles hitting the tile floor. I moved a plastic bag and out comes the biggest ugliest centipede I've seen in Chiang Mai. It was monstrous and immune to being stepped on. It must have been 8 or 9'' long and fat too. I finally scooped it up in a dust pan and flung it several meters into the woods next to my house. Oh what a horrible sight it was. And to think it would have been someplace in the house if Tiger hadn't spotted it. He's a real good watch cat but too brave for his own good!

I once saw one in Pattaya that was bigger. It was relaxing in the middle of the floor of the big beer bar that used to be between Second Road and Soi Buacao. Never seen one so big.

quote name='chorizo' date='2009-05-24 14:03:35' post='2757861']

Thanks for any help..

chorizo

I've seen two types of scorpians in Thailand: The big black slow moving ones, and the small pale ones that disappear into thin air or grass! Neighbors say the small pale ones have a bad sting, and I have seen them burrow into the lawn right in front of my eyes and vanish. That was most likely the kind that got your gardener. Our tokay lizards take good care of them near the house, but out in the lawn, I never walk barefoot.