Bicycle Repair And Parts Needed For Kids Bike

hackerthai

Hi

Bought a child's (age 9) bike from Lotus. It is made in china and NOT great quality. I could not find any decent quality bikes in Phuket.

After 2 weeks the brakes don't work as the metal is bent, needs a new bearing too. I would take it back to Lotus but they are not likely to have the parts to fix it. We returned a rice cooker once to Makro and they told us we needed to go to the police department and file a report. Returns don't work here. This is Thailand.

Anyone know of a good bicycle shop to repair and replace the parts? In Chalong area but can drive north too for a good shop.

Thank you very much!

Hi

Patak rd in Kata, think they call it beach boy, when you come over the hill from Chalong its on your left hand side, about 200-400 meters from the turn of to the beach,its a little back from the rd, dont know if they want to repair it but sure they can get you a new bike.

Hi

Bought a child's (age 9) bike from Lotus. It is made in china and NOT great quality. I could not find any decent quality bikes in Phuket.

After 2 weeks the brakes don't work as the metal is bent, needs a new bearing too. I would take it back to Lotus but they are not likely to have the parts to fix it. We returned a rice cooker once to Makro and they told us we needed to go to the police department and file a report. Returns don't work here. This is Thailand.

Anyone know of a good bicycle shop to repair and replace the parts? In Chalong area but can drive north too for a good shop.

Thank you very much!

hard to find spareparts for those cheap bikes.

Supersport sell good quality bikes, Shimano equipped, at resonable prices. Iv payed like 7.000 baht each. In Central, Homeprocenter Chalong and Jungceilon

Hi

Just found this, Thalang bike shop is also very good

http://phuketindex.com/vehicle/bicycle/

I was looking at bikes yesterday at Supersport, so I second that. They have quality name brands.

And I too was going to mention Thalang Bike Shop. If you don't know, its as you drive towards the airport from TescoLotus area its a ways down on the left side. I don't remember which side of the Heroines Monument it is. It's got a big sign, you can't miss it.

Go to the end of the pier in Chalong and throw that bicycle as far into the bay as possible. The cheap crap bicycles at Lotus and Big C are a menace. Your nine year old is in danger any time they ride it. Faulty breaks, snapped chain, you name it. There is a proper bike shop going in to Phuket town from Chalong. Take Chao Fa East into town. Just past the petrol station on your right turn right(Slaughterhouse intersection) About 3 shops in from the corner across the street fro Amway is the place. The have decent prices on LA Bicycles for kids. This is a Thai made brand and is OK. I think that bicycles in Thailand are way overpriced for the junk they sell.

P

Hi

Patak rd in Kata, think they call it beach boy, when you come over the hill from Chalong its on your left hand side, about 200-400 meters from the turn of to the beach,its a little back from the rd, dont know if they want to repair it but sure they can get you a new bike.

A bit further down the road is Siam Bikes? (or something like that). They have much more in stock than Beach Boy and are much better sorted as well. Last time I went to Beach Boy to buy some bike shoes they referred me to Siam Bikes. Siam Bikes is down the road from Beach Boy, just past the thanon Katekwan intersection (coming from Chalong), also on the left hand side.

Go to the end of the pier in Chalong and throw that bicycle as far into the bay as possible.

I left them under the garagefloor befor doing the concrete, 1 or 2 year old.

Then I got 4 new Mongoose Shimano equipped at Supersport at 7 k each. Still good 2 years later, for kids and for my 100 kg. Kids bikes same price adults.