Ban Fang, Khon Kaen

exeter

Any ifo about this place? Population etc,how do you get there from Khon Kaen, how do you get to Khon Kaen from Bangkok,fly? HOw much and how frequent? Any thing else?

Khon Kaen to Bangkok:

Bus more than 4 times every hour, Chan Tours and Nakhonchai Air better, VIP and VIP first

Train, by night and by day, unhurried, second and first class sleepers by night, second and third class seating by day and night

Fly, 3 times a day.

Other modes of transport are available, for a price.

Ban Fang about 20 K West of Khon Kaen on the highway to Chumphae. Route 12

Plenty of buses to Khon Kaen from Bangkok. Takes about 6 hours. Costs around 400/500 Baht.

Overnight sleeper train 2nd class takes about 11 hours about the same price as the bus.

3 flights a day by Thai 50 minutes costs about 2,500 Baht.

The bus will arrive at the Air-conditioned Bus Terminal if you want to get a Bus to Ban Fang you will have to get to the other Bus Terminal. It is walkable or a Tuk Tuk.

From the airport there is a limo service.

Khon Kaen has no Taxis.

My friends wife is from Bang Fang. it is out to the west of Khonkaen, you can fly to khonkaen airport and instead of heading to the city centre you head the other direction for about 8 to 10 km. I seem to remember there is a motorcycle shop on the left hand side of the road and if you turn left takes you into the main area.

I dont think the population is much higher than maybe 1500 t0 2000 people and there are no hotels .

I am not sure where your travelling frombut dont expect the comforts of Bangkok or Pattaya once there your in "the real Thailand", I found the village a great experiance when I first hit Issarn, we now have built what I can only describe as a proper house so I can have all my softy western conforts :) .

I would suggest staying in one of the khonkaen hotels once you arrive and maybe getting a taxi to bangfang for your first visit at least then if your uncomfortable you can head back to the hotel where you have AC and dont have to sleep on the floor.

I am sure you will have a great time and am certain you will be made to feel really welcome as issarn folk are very warm towards ferang.

have a great trip if you make it.