Fee Free Atms In Jomtien (or Pattaya)

martin.agren

Ok, its the 10th June. Are there any Fee free ATMs left in the Pattaya area ?? :)

Yes....my mate went to Bank of Ayutthaya (the yellow one) yesterday and wasn't charged, nor was there any mention of a future charge being adopted.

Are you absolutely sure about that. I thought so too, as the Fee Charge in the centre of the screen said 0.00, but the second time I used it, just as I hit the "GO" button I noticed that it said 150 Baht across the top. It's across their header, so not obvious when you're focussed on the centre of the screen where the action is.

If you're using a Nationwide Visa card (now charging 1%) it's costing you about £5 to take B10,000 out of an ATM - more if you're using most other UK banks. If you're a long stayer and have or can open a Thai bank account, then you can do an international transfer of any amount (I'm not sure if there's a maximum but certainly up to B1m) for £25, so if you bring in more than B50,000 it's cheaper.

From other threads I've seen that you can go into some banks, swipe your card and do a SWIFT transfer for free, but I haven't worked that one out yet. I suspect that if it was possible before, the Thai banks will be onto that by now or there would be masses of farang queuing up inside every bank. If someone knows how to do it at a Kasikorn branch I'd like to know.

Can't be 100% sure as I'm only going by what he told me.......if they're showing a nil fee in the centre of the screen but hiding the actual charge somewhere you're not looking, that sounds a little sneaky and he may well have missed it.

As far as swiping your card and getting a doing a swift transfer is concerned, I think what you are actually doing is making a cash withdrawal which may, if requested then be credited to your Thai bank account. I have always used this type of withdrawal, most times just taking the cash although I did once have it credited and was sent inside the main office with a slip to have the transaction completed, ( Krung Thai kiosk just down from TOPS on Central Pattaya road) and have never been charged although my last transaction was before these latest ATM fees were introduced.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AEON ATM's are also fee free you can find them in Tesco Lotus,Carrefour ( wasn't working last time I tried )

and Homeworks.

Ayudthaya is for some reason not charging me 150 baht when I use my Nationwide Visa debit card..but shuhhhh don't tell them that :)

Edited by johng

UOB's ATM's still free, but rumours that may change in the future. GSB (Government Savings Bank) ATM's free - I used the one on 2nd road east side just north of South Pattaya Road yesterday.

The UOB has ATM's for free use until August 1st.

The GSB will remain free for use. Pink ATM and branch about 500 yards down from Pattaya Tai on the same side as Pattaya Video. They also have an ATM on the Banking floor of Central Festival Mall in the toilet corridor behind MOS Burger.

UOB's ATM's still free, but rumours that may change in the future. GSB (Government Savings Bank) ATM's free - I used the one on 2nd road east side just north of South Pattaya Road yesterday.

The UOB has ATM's for free use until August 1st.

The GSB will remain free for use. Pink ATM and branch about 500 yards down from Pattaya Tai on the same side as Pattaya Video. They also have an ATM on the Banking floor of Central Festival Mall in the toilet corridor behind MOS Burger.

Good to know about GSB not charging for ATM use! I'll be looking for them in the various cities we frequent.

Just got back from the GSB Government Savings Bank.

A Large pink Bank on North Pattaya Road opposite Lotus. It did not work for me with my Barclays Connect Visa Card, I just got the message ' sorry we cannot perform this transaction' :)

So I went to an Ayudthaya ATM Machine, no problem at all, and there was still no charge as of today.

Yes sure.

the AEON ATM's are in the south Pattaya branch of Tesco/Lotus ( upstairs in the food hall near to the escalators )

There is one in Carrefour downstairs kind of opposite the entrance and a little to the left

on the way to the toilets /noticeboard but it's been out of order for a while now. :)

And according to the website there is one in Homeworks but I have not looked for this one yet.

www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en/menu/Service_Location/region/Central%20East#soutput

Yes sure.

the AEON ATM's are in the south Pattaya branch of Tesco/Lotus ( upstairs in the food hall near to the escalators )

There is one in Carrefour downstairs kind of opposite the entrance and a little to the left

on the way to the toilets /noticeboard but it's been out of order for a while now. :)

And according to the website there is one in Homeworks but I have not looked for this one yet.

www.aeonthailand.com/lang/en/menu/Service_Location/region/Central%20East#soutput

That's great, thanks so much. What colour are they by the way ? :D

By the way, the Carrefour one is best for me, its only 2 mins away from where I live, and I know exactly where they are in Carrefour, they are all lined up by the notice board on the way to the toilets.

Thankyou so much. I will give it a try next week and no doubt report back.

Ok, its the 10th June. Are there any Fee free ATMs left in the Pattaya area ?? :)

Yes....my mate went to Bank of Ayutthaya (the yellow one) yesterday and wasn't charged, nor was there any mention of a future charge being adopted.

So how about Ayudhya, still fee free?

i spotted a UOB ATM in the main entrance to Villa Market in the Avenue Centre

which means i have found one of the very few reasons to actually go there......

• 3 weeks later...

i spotted a UOB ATM in the main entrance to Villa Market in the Avenue Centre

which means i have found one of the very few reasons to actually go there......

There is a UOB at the entrance to TOPS supermarket. (Pattaya Klang entrance next to the cafes).

The GSB in the Central Festival Centre is still out-of-order (July 8th 2009) but the Bank of Ayuthaya (think yellow) on the same floor on the opposite side is free to use.

UOB is still free and today i discovered that its the Thai ATM with the biggest payout in one hit too.

most ATMs seem to pay out 20 notes so you can get 20,000

Bangkok Bank pays out 25 notes so you can get 25,000

i thought that was the most that was available and i had never asked an ATM for more

until today.....

UOB will pay out 30 notes in one go so you can get 30,000 each time

(if your home bank allows that level of withdrawal in one day)

The GSB in the Central Festival Centre is still out-of-order (July 8th 2009) but the Bank of Ayuthaya (think yellow) on the same floor on the opposite side is free to use.

Looks like GSB has cut off all international TM withdrawals, as I get communication error, so I have switched to UOB.

Barry

Well yet again another week has gone by where I go to collect my Money from the Ayudhya ATM opposite Foodland Pattaya Klang.

Does anyone else use this Bank ?

is it fee free for everyone i am wondering, or is it just me !!!! :)

Yes, Ayudthaya is free for me as well. I am using VISA.

It's funny because there have been many reports in the Banking TV section about people being charged by Ayudthaya.

UOB is still free and today i discovered that its the Thai ATM with the biggest payout in one hit too.

i thought that was the most that was available and i had never asked an ATM for more

until today.....

What does UOB stand for and where can I find an ATM?

until today.....

What does UOB stand for and where can I find an ATM?

As it happens I can answer both queries. After daily bowling Sunday at The Avenue I went downstairs and used the UOB (United Oversea Bank} ATM as you enter Villa Supermarket and was able to draw 25,000 baht with no fee charge. :)