Hotel With Good Snorkeling Out Front?

Svenn

It occurred to me that I've never stayed at a hotel/resort on the west coast of Thailand that had snorkeling just right out front of the room... I've always had to hike or drive some distance to get to a good beach. Are there any reasonably priced places out there (less than 3000 baht a night) that have that? I remember a beach on the side of Phi Phi that had good snorkeling, but it appeared to just be bamboo huts... Thanks

There's a reef in front of Kata Beach Resort, also a really nice snorkeling area in front of Ao Sane Bungalows.  Supposedly there are some nice accommodations at Ao Sane now ( need to drive through the old meridien yacht club hotel at Nai Harn to get there).

It occurred to me that I've never stayed at a hotel/resort on the west coast of Thailand that had snorkeling just right out front of the room... I've always had to hike or drive some distance to get to a good beach. Are there any reasonably priced places out there (less than 3000 baht a night) that have that? I remember a beach on the side of Phi Phi that had good snorkeling, but it appeared to just be bamboo huts... Thanks

in Yanuy beach or in Ao Sand beach have good drive place.if you like to be near of sea this hotel maybe good for you .Baan Krating resort in Ao san beach or  meridien yacht club hotel  in Nai han and rent a car or Morterbai for go to Yanuy beach.

in Yanuy beach or in Ao Sand beach have good drive place.if you like to be near of sea this hotel maybe good for you .Baan Krating resort in Ao san beach or meridien yacht club hotel in Nai han and rent a car or Morterbai for go to Yanuy beach.

The OP mentions 3000thb or under. Baan Krating will be more expensive than that, but the bungalows at Ao Sane that Steelpulse mentions should fit the price range.

Also, Meridien has not been part of that operation for three years. It's The Puravarna Phuket Yacht Club, also will not fit the budget mentioned by the OP. All Season's Resort might though.........

I agree that Ao Sane has probably the best for the cheapest price.

The bungalows are a bit rustic, but they are only 400-500 baht a night.

Ya Nuy beach has some rooms although the snorkeling isn't quite as good as over at Ao Sane (2 spots over there)

I believe All Seasons is only around 900 right now but don't know of any snorkeling very close except for the two mentioned above and they are both 1-2 kms away.

Ao Sane is fairly remote for other action though of course.

If the Op is coming between now and October: no reasonable to good snorkeling anywhere from the beach on Phuket, you would have to go to Phi Phi.

Yup can't see much until later in the year Koh Raya is still excellent and has cheap accommodation