Mother Tries To Find Her Son's American Father

churchill

A Thai woman on Thursday sought help from media to locate her American husband, for the sake of her 24-month-old boy. Laksanawadee Murphy said that she married US Marine Scott Allen Murphy and registered their marriage on April 11, 2006 at Lak Si district office. They later had a son; Ramil Murphy. Her husband then returned to America in 2007 and she lost contact with him in the early 2008.

"I confirm that I don't copy the cases of Japanese-Thai children looking for their long-lost Japanese father. I also don't want fiancial support from him. I sympathise with my kid because hehas never met his dad before. He only looks at his father's picture," she said.

Laksanawadee added that she attempted to seek help from the US Embassy in Bangkok; however, the embassy denied to help. Therefore, she decided to ask the media to help her.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30103...-American-fathe

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 28/05/09

A Thai woman on Thursday sought help from media to locate her American husband, for the sake of her 24-month-old boy. Laksanawadee Murphy said that she married US Marine Scott Allen Murphy and registered their marriage on April 11, 2006 at Lak Si district office. They later had a son; Ramil Murphy. Her husband then returned to America in 2007 and she lost contact with him in the early 2008.

"I confirm that I don't copy the cases of Japanese-Thai children looking for their long-lost Japanese father. I also don't want fiancial support from him. I sympathise with my kid because hehas never met his dad before. He only looks at his father's picture," she said.

Laksanawadee added that she attempted to seek help from the US Embassy in Bangkok; however, the embassy denied to help. Therefore, she decided to ask the media to help her.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30103...-American-fathenationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 28/05/09

I could be wrong, but I believe that the Marine Corps will take some action on cases where the paternity is verified. 

-- The Nation 28/05/09

Ohh pleeeeease :)

A 2 year old would not have a clue who was on the photo she was shoving in front of him.

If she doesn't want financial support then why is she hunting for a guy that obviously does not want anything to do with them?

I'm sure if she went looked around walking street on any Friday night she will find him.

I am surprised there is not a system in place to make it easier for foreign women to sue these dead beat fathers. It would seem rather simple, get a copy of his passport along with the child's birth certificate, take it to the embassy and fill out a claim for lack of child support. I don't understand why they should be having to lie about wanting financial compensation. These guys need to be taking responsibility for fathering the child, although obviously, one would expect that the mothers in question are of questionable morals. What a terrible situation. I think it was Guesthouse who suggested its often worst of the West meets worst of the East here in Thailand.

Edited by JohnGotti

I am surprised there is not a system in place to make it easier for foreign women to sue these dead beat fathers. It would seem rather simple, get a copy of his passport along with the child's birth certificate, take it to the embassy and fill out a claim for lack of child support. I don't understand why they should be having to lie about wanting financial compensation. These guys need to be taking responsibility for fathering the child, although obviously, one would expect that the mothers in question are of questionable morals. What a terrible situation. I think it was Guesthouse who suggested its often worst of the West meets worst of the East here in Thailand.

Yawn, werent you banned Mr Soprano?

Maybe after the authorities have put in place a system that allows the local women to claim on the local fathers for financial assistance they will introduce one for farang fathers.

As for these guys needing to take responsibility, who says its their child?

I know of at least one mug being taken for a ride for at least 3 children that arent his.

Is the fathers name even on the birth certificate?

Dream on, it takes two to tango.

Education is whats needed, but as long as little Lek is brought up to believe all farangs are rich and gullible the song remains the same.

I agree with you John, the father should be bashed to death for god sake. fuc_king a woman for fun and leaving her with the pregnancy and kid, no way. Should be the other way around, he the woman, so he can feel it himself :)

-- The Nation 28/05/09

Ohh pleeeeease :)

A 2 year old would not have a clue who was on the photo she was shoving in front of him.

If she doesn't want financial support then why is she hunting for a guy that obviously does not want anything to do with them?

I'm sure if she went looked around walking street on any Friday night she will find him.

Horse hockey! My daughter has been able to recognise her entire family in photos since she was 18 months.

Sounds like you are speaking from experience! :)

Yes Tony, I am speaking from experience, however I suspect forum rules forbid me from naming and shaming this mug.

This is the same sucker who was ripped off for thousands for open heart surgery for his wifes father.

When I asked if the scars had healed, sucker proudly told me, they had a new procedure in place, the surgeons were able to use keyhole surgery and go in through the old boys nipple to perform open heart surgery, so no scars visible.

The same mug wont have a word said against Thai doctors to this day.

He was banned but this is a different person, surely :)

I also have the nod its an existing poster having a bit of fun to liven this place up :D

He was banned but this is a different person, surely :)

I also have the nod its an existing poster having a bit of fun to liven this place up :D

Ah, missunderstanding on my part, apologise to all and any innocent parties.

Fully understand, no problem with someone trying to liven things up.

Will you now be known as sanook 1 or 3 me? in further postings?ohmy.gif

Did you note the part about her looking for her husband?

Each case is unique on its own terms. The mother should gather as much proof as possible and go with it to US embassy - including DNA typing, if possible.

As for the dead-beat dad situation in Thailand - it's despicable how completely lenient Thai laws are in that regard. Thai laws seem to reflect the notion that it's up to individuals and families to sort out such things as; level of responsibility after parents break up. Trouble is, Thai men are the epitome of irresponsibility, and their families back that irresponsibility 100% .

Interesting to note that, in the recent media stories, it appears to be Japanese inseminators who are being showcased. Of course, such irresponsible behavior crosses all national borders (including the U.S.), but some cultures are more tolerant of (or 'coddling of.....') deadbeat dads than others.

Maybe after the authorities have put in place a system that allows the local women to claim on the local fathers for financial assistance they will introduce one for farang fathers.

I know of at least one mug being taken for a ride for at least 3 children that arent his.

Education is whats needed, but as long as little Lek is brought up to believe all farangs are rich and gullible the song remains the same.

Well seeing as they were married in 2006, he left in 2007 and the child is 24 months old, I would say a fair chance.

I recommend you read the article in question before commenting.

Also you refer as "their" child. Are you questioning the mother as well?? Pretty sure she would know.

-- The Nation 28/05/09

I could be wrong, but I believe that the Marine Corps will take some action on cases where the paternity is verified.

Yes, as a former U.S. Marine, I can say this is correct... all she has to do is post a letter to the Commandant of the Marine Corps and if this young man is still in the Marines, the request from the Commandant to clear up this matter will roll down hill like a ton of rocks... :)

-- The Nation 28/05/09

Yes, as a former U.S. Marine, I can say this is correct... all she has to do is post a letter to the Commandant of the Marine Corps and if this young man is still in the Marines, the request from the Commandant to clear up this matter will roll down hill like a ton of rocks... :)

and yes, in case someone is asking, this is from PERSONAL experience... you don't won't to piss off the Commandant of the Marine Corps...

If a paternity test proves the kid is his I reckon it's only fair he helps pay to raise him. I would say 2000baht a month would cover it till he is ready for university.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/news/30103...-American-fathe

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 28/05/09

Ah, here we go!

Prime example found, and follow suit.

Somebody told women that there is money to be had abroad, maybe?

Not that I am against paying for a child, most certainly not.

But, maybe ........maybe.........maybe

Good point John.

BUT, There are two sides to every story but if he married her then he should be hooked!!!

If they were not married then it's just her bad luck.

It is the duty of every father to take responsibility for their actions, whether foreign or otherwise. A lot of posters are coming down on the farang bashing side, but this happens a hel_l of a lot more often with inter Thai relationships, whereby Thai men do not want to or cannot shoulder their responsibility.

Any wild estimates for single mothers in Thailand ???

Start by counting most of the girls in the "entertainment industry"

Decent Sex Education would be a good starting point !

:)

I dont see the logic in saying cause many thai men abandon children that its ok for farang to do so...

Not at all, but it is the height of hypocrisy for the Thai media to hunt absent foreigner fathers, when they know, and indeed the Thai population at large knows very well indeed, how many Thai fathers throw away their families with complete impunity endorsed by Thai society.

So it is a blatant example of double standards - Thai s**t never smells....

Before shaming the guy too much, we might want to make sure he is indeed a dead beat dad. If could be dead for all we know.

At any rate, she needs to find out his circumstances because the child has certain entitlements. It would be my hope they go to the child--not necessarily to her.

Aren't there some moral issues that also have to be addressed? So these women got pregnant by these blokes and left. Who are these women by the way? Was their getting pregnant a form of "entrapment?

It's a moot point. Women get pregnant period. If she can get his ding dong in her and get him to ejaculate, then I still see no cause for excuses on his part. As John Lennon said, "let's face it, nearly all of us are a result of lust and a bottle of wine." That applies to folks from any rung on the ladder: from tramps to royalty, from top brass, to prisoners in a burned out basement.

Good point John. BUT, There are two sides to every story but if he married her then he should be hooked!!! If they were not married then it's just her bad luck.

I don't agree with the marriage thing. Marriage makes things more official, but it doesn't change the organics of a male inseminating a female and the ensuing pregnancy. The child who comes out deserves every reasonable advantage. Whether it was a fast flying <deleted> or the result of years of proper courting rituals resulting in a five star wedding, the fact remains: a child (or children) was produced, and the man should contribute to 18 years of tangible support. I realize I'm in the minority opinion here, as men are notorious for wanting to stick their wang doodles in as many slippery hollows as they can, while at the same time trying to avoid responsibility as much as possible - but I believe all dead beat dads, whether married (earlier) or not, should be legally compelled to contribute (at least money) to their kids' upbringing.

if she doesn't want a kid (oh yes, they really do not want to have kids sic) she should have taken precautions and him also..

Prove it, then pursue.. were you married. living together or just a one night stand

Are we going to have a look for drunk farangs who screwed me for money, so that I can feed sick buffalo, dead husband excuse, father and mother at home sick bla bla bla...

:)