The Best Noodle Soup In Pattaya

MZurf

Assuming there are still some expats left in Pattaya (I have never seen this place so dead in my 16 years here - it's eerie) I want to ask:

Where is your favourite noodle soup place?

Mine is a place on Sukhumvit, on the left side coming from Pattaya Tai, about 200 metres before the Klang intersection.

It is next to a motorbike dealership and is called "Maephongsrii". The sign is in Thai only - แม่ผ่องสรี.

Always a lot of Thais eating there, which IMO is usually a sign of low price and good quality.

I would reckon that most of the new arrivals haven't a clue about 'kwetyao' (sp) and opt for crap imported fast-food or the endless, fruitless search for quality foreign cuisine or else they try to develop a passion for that asian fusion sh!te.

20 years ago, the best noodle soup was in an alleyway between Soi BJ and the Bier Kutche, almost opposite Abbe's Bar on Walking Street. The vendor shared the alleyway with a newspaper vendor and occasionally someone selling denim shorts.

Until last year, there was a truly excellent noodle shop just off Buakhao headed east from the Soi Diana intersection. Unfortunately she upped-sticks and left at very short notice so considering she had an awesome regular walk-in trade, I reckon she won the lottery! The shop house is still vacant I think.

Currently, there's 2 locations on Soi Potisan that serve the late-night noodle sucker, one is on the sidewalk opposite the 7-eleven, next to a pharmacy. I think the sidewalk is directly outside a German restaurant/bar thingy. About 100 yards closer to the Pattaya-Naklua road and on the opposite side (next to a laundromat) is one that is even better.

We favour one on Third Road beetween Central & North Road just after the junction that takes you into the back of Big C. It is also close to a dance school. No idea of the name but they have a wooden boat outside. They serve a few rice dishes as well as a selection of Thai sweets. Well worth a try.....

There is a shoppie about 200m in the Huay Yai road from Sukhumvit on the right hand side, dont know what its called but it has a picture of a duck on the sign, blue seats and blue tables, she opens about 4 in the morning and goes right through till evening, real fine!!!! :)

Assuming there are still some expats left in Pattaya (I have never seen this place so dead in my 16 years here - it's eerie) I want to ask:

Mine is a place on Sukhumvit, on the left side coming from Pattaya Tai, about 200 metres before the Klang intersection.

It is next to a motorbike dealership and is called "Maephongsrii". The sign is in Thai only - แม่ผ่องสรี.

Always a lot of Thais eating there, which IMO is usually a sign of low price and good quality.

wife and i love this place you are talking about. we like the original shop on Central even better.

wife and i love this place you are talking about. we like the original shop on Central even better.

Could you be more specific please? Would love to try a new (for me) place!

I like the noodle shop next to Carrefour in Pattaya klang.

Come out of the main enterance to Carrefour, turn right as if heading to second/beach rd, the first row of shop houses, the noodle shop is the second or third house, something for is the name, sign written in Thai.

Its directly across the road from some satellite ( true/ubc? ) shop, if you reach the flying vegetable restaurant you have gone too far, its less than 30 seconds walk from Carrefour.

Excellent gway tiaw.

We favour one on Third Road beetween Central & North Road just after the junction that takes you into the back of Big C. It is also close to a dance school. No idea of the name but they have a wooden boat outside. They serve a few rice dishes as well as a selection of Thai sweets. Well worth a try.....

Is this the one on the left (going north) with black and white tiles ? Just past a golf shop. Also does nice mu satay.

Is this the one on the left (going north) with black and white tiles ? Just past a golf shop. Also does nice mu satay.

Just before the golf shop on the left I think?? But yes, that's the one.....