My Story At The Swiss Embassy In Bkk

Hello and Sawaddee ka everyone,

I'm a real Thai woman and my English is not good at all. I have some Swiss friends and we are such a very good friends.

My friends invite me to visit them in Thun, Switzerland. It's cool huh! then I go on my track, make an appointment with the swiss embassy in bkk. This took around 3 weeks then I went to submit my visa application about 4 days ago.

The Thai staff there treat me real bad. I can't believe she will asked me some silly questions like; "Will I break a couple life of my friend if I go to visit them?" and many personal questions to make me felt down like I beg money from her. I paid EUR 60.- fee and took more than 9 hours on the bus to get the treat from that Thai staff. I wasn't expected like that.

my swiss friends are such a calm person, peace and happy with life but That Thai staff made me feel not so good with the Swiss embassy in Bkk. only that Thai staff. I hope the Head of visa section will understand and control his staff to work in a good mood with other people.

Hope everyone will get lucky for the visa application :-)

Rudeewan a Thai woman!

Hope they will issue you one.

However it is part of their job to be rude and ask the sometimes silly or offensive questions as they are screening all the applicants to find out those that apply the visas with wrong motives. So don't take it personally :)

There is a lot of visa fraud, impossible to know ahead of time who is and isn't lying. They aren't there to be your friend they are there to protect the border and only allow the right people to gain access. I think they do cross the line from time to time but I do respect the need to ask tough questions.

Sadly, the Thai staff at the visa section of the Swiss Embassy have a reputation for being impolite, even downright rude. In fact, I have been asked how the boss there managed to find the rudest people in all of Thailand as his employees.

Yes, they have a job to do, but they could do it without being rude. I suspect there is something wrong with the management of the visa section.

--

Maestro

Thank you for all comments :D

I can't wait the result for my visa application tomorrow! Yeah, I feel 'okay' for the frustrate thing at the swiss embassy.

Well, I went to the us embassy before and they work more professional and polite, though. So I had the comparison between both of them.

Kob khun ka, Thanks alot

Rudeewan :)

Sawaddee ka

I get the 'Verpflichtungserklarung' (what does it mean? ) :) from Swiss embassy in Bkk today. Then I sent it out to my friend in Switzerland and just wait for him to run at his side.

I hope to get a visa in a few weeks!

Kob khun ka to everyone!

rudeewan

When your sponsor signs it he will have to include the following documents,

copy of sponsor’s passport/ID card & residence permit (if

applicable) and proof of employment with salary slips for the last three (03) months

Thai staff in the French Consulate are just as good to deal with. As far as they're concerned if you don't speak/read French, you have no right to be there.

I am South African and need visas for almost everywhere, I have been to different embassies in many

different countries in the world and have been treated badly in every embassy I have been in with exception of

the Czech Embassy in BKK. I always joke and say that I should write a book about my visa application experiences,

I have come to the conclusion that embassy visa staff go on a special course to learn how to be rude! I know they

have questions to ask and need to be thorough but that CAN be done in a polite and courteous manner.

Sadly, the Thai staff at the visa section of the Swiss Embassy have a reputation for being impolite, even downright rude. In fact, I have been asked how the boss there managed to find the rudest people in all of Thailand as his employees.

Yes, they have a job to do, but they could do it without being rude. I suspect there is something wrong with the management of the visa section.

--

Maestro

it's not only the thai staff in the Swiss Embassy but usually the local consular/embassy staff in most of the countries. but Thailand seems beat them all. however, i enjoy my semi-annual visits to the German Embassy in Bangkok and kick the àsses of some arrogant thai staff. unfortunately most of them know me by now and all my fun will soon be over. hope to see next time some new faces who have a big mouth and lack the required politeness! :)

I'm a real Thai woman and my English is not good at all. I have some Swiss friends and we are such a very good friends.

My friends invite me to visit them in Thun, Switzerland. It's cool huh! then I go on my track, make an appointment with the swiss embassy in bkk. This took around 3 weeks then I went to submit my visa application about 4 days ago.

The Thai staff there treat me real bad. I can't believe she will asked me some silly questions like; "Will I break a couple life of my friend if I go to visit them?" and many personal questions to make me felt down like I beg money from her. I paid EUR 60.- fee and took more than 9 hours on the bus to get the treat from that Thai staff. I wasn't expected like that.

my swiss friends are such a calm person, peace and happy with life but That Thai staff made me feel not so good with the Swiss embassy in Bkk. only that Thai staff. I hope the Head of visa section will understand and control his staff to work in a good mood with other people.

Rudeewan a Thai woman!

I'm Swiss Citizen and the staff there treather me bad too, when i asked then for some official documents. Second time i meet a "attache" and after that everone treated me well.

Same at US Embassy as well. Seems like the Thai staff is most rude to other Thais. My Thais friends attending university here in Los Angeles tell me that it is best for Thais who can handle the English to be interviewed by an American rather than a Thai as the Thais seem to look for more reasons to reject visas than the American staff. Maybe they think they are doing what the American staff are looking for. God forbid, people just wanting to go to the US for a visit. I am sitting here in Rio de Janerio with my Thai student friend. I had to pay $130 for the visa here (reciprocity for US cost for Brazilian to get US Visa). My Thai friend did not even neet a visa.

His parents, sister, her husband and child wanted to come to visit him and attend his gradustion from University of Southern California Masters Program. Paid $130 for each of them, came from Surat Thani for a family interivew and were reject because of their bank records showing recent deposit because th father sold some land. They assumed they were coming to US and would not return. Father owns other land with many rai of Palms and rubber trees, house, etc. etc. Staff did not even try to ask the right questions. Just looked for a reason to deny. They are not helpful at all. No effort in helping the applicant understand what is needed so they have all necessary papers. The staff does nothing to help the person but everything to reject the person applying for visa. It is embarassing for me as an American to see people from foreign countries receive this kind of treatment. In fact it is almost embarassing to be an American for the way American is perceived anymore. For all the good things America does do, we have a big Public Relations problem and it comes from the bizaar policies that the President and Congress set. Sorry I got off subject. You get the idea.

Rudeewan a Thai woman!

Sawadee khrap..I am sorry that happened to you..my wife had a similar problem at the Canadian embassy..they often look down a bit on the applicant, and it is unfair. Good luck in the future,chok dee, and god bless..

--

Maestro

You haven't been to the Australian embassy have you? The rudest people I have ever met. The thais there think they running Australia and even own it.

Sawaddee ka everyone!

My visa is approved today! It's normally take around 1 month in the case of visitor visa application. But I get it quite fast (3 days since my documents arrived in Switzerland) So cool !

Thank you everyone to joining here. See you in Switzerland hehe.

Rudeewan :)

--

Maestro

it's not only the thai staff in the Swiss Embassy but usually the local consular/embassy staff in most of the countries. but Thailand seems beat them all. however, i enjoy my semi-annual visits to the German Embassy in Bangkok and kick the àsses of some arrogant thai staff. unfortunately most of them know me by now and all my fun will soon be over. hope to see next time some new faces who have a big mouth and lack the required politeness! :)

I agree :D