What Are The Best Places To Eat In Bangkok?

billstarbuck

We live near Bangkok and come into the city often. We are often looking for new great restaurants to try.

Regardless of cost, type, or location: what are the "must go" places in Bangkok (anywhere)? be it Thai, Chinese, French, whatever.

Sunrise Tacos about soi 12 and Sukhumvit.Has the most authintic Mexican food in SEA.They opened antother one in The Siam Paragon but never been to it.Let me re state this.

The best Tex-Mex food in SEA.

Edited by blue eyes

Well..i'm always on the look out for great places to eat, but sadly i rarely can stretch to the upmarket rooftop upper end establishment...if youre looking for a under 1000 per head sort of place, theres a great little restaurant half way down sukhumvit soi 11, directly opposite the entrance to Ambassador Hotel, called The Gallery, and the ambience is really nice, and ive never had anything other than tasty food served up...another little place just opened right at the bottom (in the dead end cul de sac) of soi 18, directly opposite the Town Lodge Hotel..they serve Japanese and Thai food, and its got some Japanese name..its nothing fancy, but i had 2 meals there and left very full and satisfied by the tasty food...waitresses were pretty tasty too :)

I am always interested to hear from other people with good recommends, as the eating can influence how good a time you have in a place i always think

Blue eyes,

Tex Mex is not the same as Mexican food. :) ...which is it?  Best Mexican food or best Tex Mex? :D

That is why I said "let me re state this"It was an edit to say that it is not the most authintic Mexican food but the best Tex-Mex food.It is still a very good product that they turn out if you are looking for something other then Thai food.

We live near Bangkok and come into the city often. We are often looking for new great restaurants to try.

Regardless of cost, type, or location: what are the "must go" places in Bangkok (anywhere)? be it Thai, Chinese, French, whatever.

There is a quite famous and popular Suki place on Petchaburi Rd. close to opposite Amari Atrium hotel, just at some small bridge over a klong. I forget the name of the place, but it has been there at least a good 20-30 years. The suki is great.

Baan Tawan Gai Yang is on Ekkamai, also been there for a long time. Their grilled chicken is amongst the best you have tried.

Pepper Lunch inside Central World.

Pizza Pizza, also inside Central World. Try their pasta.

The Laos food restaurant just next to the SFW movie theatre.

Midnight Kaitom (small food stall) just outside a small 7-Eleven on Petchaburi road, close to the Pratunam intersection.

White Kitchen, the very last foodstall in the Paragon foodcourt. Try their TomYam.

Prantalay, also in the Paragon foodcourt, nearer to the middle.

I suggest walkig around inside Central World and explore all the restaurants, many which only exists there. Many are very different and offers interesting choices. One restaurant offers Italian and Japanese buffet for 299++ Baht. Another dessert place nearby offers 5% alcohol icecream/sorbet. Kuu, gives you a fantastic noodle set with deepfried pork.

Then there is that inexpensive japanese curry place, run Thai style.

They also just opened a Singapore Chicken Rice place (apparently famous in Singapore, Orchard rd something restuarant.)

Siam center has that place with old style Thaifood and 50-60-70's music.

The restaurant on the ground floor in the middle serves great food.

You notice I am quite bad with restaurant names...sorry for that, but it might give you at least a few ideas.

The suki place filingaccount's probably refering to might be Ruen Petch. I really like their chicken.

------

If you are coming from up north, passing by Nonthaburi, we just stumbled upon Baan Rabiang Nam. It's a little hard to find, and you have to take a moto-songteaw from nearby Wat Khae Nok, but the trip is rewarding. Great food!

Good thai food is available in every street corner and food courts in malls. Same same but you can also have it in more pleasant setting of fancier restaurants. There is one which i like in Thanon Rang Nam, can't remember the name now. Opposite of the office building that has Nokia logo on the top.

And for pizza, try Basilico in Sukhumvit soi 20

For mexican Tacos & Salsa on Soi 18, beats Sunrise hands down providing you are not american style tex-mex lover.

Sunrise Tacos about soi 12 and Sukhumvit.Has the most authintic Mexican food in SEA.They opened antother one in The Siam Paragon but never been to it.Let me re state this.

The best Tex-Mex food in SEA.

I ate at the Siam Paragon branch. Had beef burritos. They were terrible. Wouldn't bother to eat there again.

And saying it's the best Tex-Mex in SEA isn't saying much. I'd rather have Taco Bell.

• 1 month later...