Need Satelite Instalation Company In Pattaya

pattayaGaz

Can anyone point me in the direction of a satelite instalation company here in Pattaya who can provide me with a fixed dish system and a card that can pick up the Multichoice package from South Africa, as I want to get rid of my Truevisions dish and package.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a satelite instalation company here in Pattaya who can provide me with a fixed dish system and a card that can pick up the Multichoice package from South Africa, as I want to get rid of my Truevisions dish and package.

On Sukhumvit just North of Index furniture on the East side of the Road, is PSA Satellite company. I think they might have the package you are looking for. I have the Dynasat system which works very well. What programming does the Multi choice package from South Africa offer?

Barry

I used 'SAMART' to install both my 10' movable dish, and the small, fixed, UBC dish. You can find a place that will cost you less, but I guarantee that you won't find one that is more service oriented that this one. The manager is "Mr Kim", a Korean. He speaks very good English, and has treated me very well, with many free service calls when things have gone wrong, over the past 3 years. I highly recommend him to anyone installing new equipment, if only because of the dependable, "no limit" service.

By way of "references", most of his business is with large hotels, condos, etc.. He's fully qualified for all satellite related work. I do not know, however, if he has the specific card you asked about. You'd have to check with him about that.

He's located on Sukhumvit, just about opposite Tesco-Lotus. Phone is 081 782 8095. Tell him that Kuhn George recommended him to you.

On Sukhumvit just North of Index furniture on the East side of the Road, is PSA Satellite company. I think they might have the package you are looking for. I have the Dynasat system which works very well. What programming does the Multi choice package from South Africa offer?

Barry

Their premium package has all of the BBC Channels,Entertainment,Lifestyle,CBBC,News, plus all of the Supersport channels 1 to 6 plus Gold and Extra,Sony entertainment, Mnet series, Sky News, ALJazera, four Movie Channels plus Hallmark plus music and local African channels, all in all a better package than True anyway but you have to source the card from a Thai agent and pay one year in advance for the card.

Barry

Their premium package has all of the BBC Channels,Entertainment,Lifestyle,CBBC,News, plus all of the Supersport channels 1 to 6 plus Gold and Extra,Sony entertainment, Mnet series, Sky News, ALJazera, four Movie Channels plus Hallmark plus music and local African channels, all in all a better package than True anyway but you have to source the card from a Thai agent and pay one year in advance for the card.

But, from what I could see on the website, they have no American sports at all, and very little American programming. Nothing wrong with that for them. It IS a South African service. I'm just noting that for anyone who, like me, prefers sports and entertainment from my own cultural background.

Barry

That sounds quality. Can you keep us updated on how you get on with it, prices and all that?

Barry

But, from what I could see on the website, they have no American sports at all, and very little American programming. Nothing wrong with that for them. It IS a South African service. I'm just noting that for anyone who, like me, prefers sports and entertainment from my own cultural background.

Hi George,

Their sports channels include ESPN and ESPN Classic, also many of the US TV programs can be seen(24, Without a Trace, Dexter, SNL, Prison Break, etc.).

Greg

• 1 month later...

How much is the annual fee? How can I contact them? Do any of the sports channels carry American pro and college football games? I know ASN does, but you only get that with a Tru Vision Platinum package(4 NFL and 6 college games)..

praglen

E-mail: [email protected]

Barry

I am not in Pattaya but I had Comsat install the fixed sat sytem that gives Multichoice from South Africa. I paid 12.5k for the system / 10.5k for the card (I had them pick it up for me) and 3.5k for petrol (I'm 350km north of Bangkok). Card is good for one year and annual subscribtion is 3.6k. Installation was 3 weeks ago and aside from the TV jumping from sat mode to TV a couple of times (apparently due to a power glitch) all has been working fine. Total of 75 channels (half are Chinese/Japanese/Indian but no Thai) but if your a sports nut then this is what you need as there are 9 dedicated channels. Non Asian channels:

1.SuperSport 1

2.SuperSport 2

3.SuperSport 3

4.SuperSport 3Ni

5.SuperSport 5

6.SuperSport 6

7.SuperSport 7

8.SuperSport Blitz

9.ESPN

10.BBC World News

11.Skynews

12.CNN

13.Bloomberg

14.Mnet Action

15.Mnet East

16.Mnet West

17.Mnet Movies 1

18.Mnet Movies 2

19.Mnet Stars

20.Mnet Series

21.Hallmark

22.BBC Entertainment

23.BBC Lifestyle

24.E! Emea

25.Learn

26.Canal+ Horizons

27.Discovery Channel

28.National Geographic Channel

29.The History Channel

30.Zone Reality

31.MTV

32.Channel O

33.Fashion TV

34.Disney Channel

35.Cartoon Network

36.TV5 Monde

37.Rhema Network

38.Africa Magic

39.Travel Channel

40.Go

So far well pleased but I believe the system charge is now 15k.

There is a Thai guy in Nungprue who is both cheap and good, Pattaya Satellite International, tel 086-3178047. He knows everything about how to get DSTV Multichoice for least money :)

He set mine up for me and I was very pleased with his price and service.

He speaks quite passable English btw.

You need a big dish though, around 2mtr min.

Edited by Phil Conners

There is a Thai guy in Nungprue who is both cheap and good, Pattaya Satellite International, tel 086-3178047. He knows everything about how to get DSTV Multichoice for least money :)

He set mine up for me and I was very pleased with his price and service.

He speaks quite passable English btw.

You need a big dish though, around 2mtr min.

Is the reception always clear? A few times when I have been watching sports in a bar on South African channels the feed has been poor with jerky action.

The only time I've notice any problems is during heavy rainfall. Even light rain is ok. Maybe the bar with problems were using a smaller dish or it wasn't aligned properly.

I forgot to mention for the Brits - DSTV also carries most of the BBC radio channels.

Edited by Phil Conners

The only time I've notice any problems is during heavy rainfall. Even light rain is ok. Maybe the bar with problems were using a smaller dish or it wasn't aligned properly.

I forgot to mention for the Brits - DSTV also carries most of the BBC radio channels.

Sounds about the same as UBC for reception then, but a lot cheaper and with some better programming. What am I waiting for!