Shop Front Windows/doors Cost

Jared

Im sure as many of you know a lot of new properties dont come with a shop front. Im talking about the town house style places you can rent. Ive just started renting a double unit that is converted into one for an office. The place had shutters but no shop front. The size is just under 4meters wide for each shop front. The Left hand side I have just gone for 2 huge sheets of glass and they are fixed in with a small metal fixing. The right hand side I have gone all glass again with a opening all glass door, similar to what you get at the banks or a honda dealer. They convinced me that for the right hand side with the door we had to have reinforced glass, which costs more. What do you think a reasonable price for this should be and what costs have you guys paid to have shop doors, windows to be installed?

On the inside Ive also had several meter high false walls put in with a white plastic window frames and glass for the top half. Ive recently seen the bill for all this and its through the roof. I knew Id pay more because I didnt want the ugly silver or brown alluminum you see everywhere but I didnt think the price would be this high. Also weve had some false celings put in, which are just some kind of plaster board and some alluminium fixings from the plasterboard to the old ceiling.