Bangkok Airways

Got to the check in at swampy to find Bangkok Airways have put both international and domestic check ins together, but there was a long queue extending out past the lead in.

There were 4 check in's open for economy and 2 for first class (the first class were empty), the annoying bit was there were 4 staff directing people to the only 4 check in's that were open :)

Got to the check in at swampy to find Bangkok Airways have put both international and domestic check ins together, but there was a long queue extending out past the lead in.

There were 4 check in's open for economy and 2 for first class (the first class were empty), the annoying bit was there were 4 staff directing people to the only 4 check in's that were open :)

Please try to remember the following:

The airlines tell you that they will do anything to help you, give good service, customer first!

Now, be so kind to forget all this drivel.

The airline is there to make a profit out of you.

They will do anything to lower the cost, including the least possible staff or the cheapest available staff to check you in, help you, whatever.

Pushers are much cheaper as check in staff, and give the stupid customer the idea that they are there to help you.

As long as the customer accepts what the airlines do, they will go on lowering our standards.

And because we are used to being bullshitted all the time, we accept more and more.

End

So do not expect to be treated as a valued customer.

Expect to be treated like sh*t

Edited by hansnl

Well I actually noticed the same thing last Wednesday. As the airline I work for (Etihad) we now code share flights with Bangkok Airways to Phuket and Samui. Myself and one other crew member were "observers" on several flights that day and I also noticed that while economy class had several check in's open with about 40 people waiting, the business class check in's (2) were not taking passengers at all. I asked gate agent why not as it's standard procedure with all airlines if nobody is checking in to business or first class and there are more than one open check in for that class of service. All she said was "cannot" and I left it at that as living in Thailand I know enough not to argue that point. LOL!

Do Bangkok Air have a transfer desk so I do not have to go through immigration and Q up?

cheers

yes

Transfer will only work from domestic destination.

if you arrive from europe you have to go through custom, in Samui a flight from Bangkok is non international.

I think that with code share or skyteam flight the baggage can go direct, but on the way back the terminal in Samui usually cannot find the other flights......i always have 2 different ticket....

I fly in from Amsterdam and then transfer to a Phnom Pehn flight, I have plenty of time but having to Q to go through immigration, Q to check in ,Q to go back through immigration

a transfer desk would be great.

I guess I should fly Thai as I have done it with them.

I fly in from Amsterdam and then transfer to a Phnom Pehn flight, I have plenty of time but having to Q to go through immigration, Q to check in ,Q to go back through immigration

a transfer desk would be great.

I guess I should fly Thai as I have done it with them.

Check the transfer desks on the map here:

http://www.bangkokair.com/information-serv...sa&id_nav=7