How Can I Loose Fat?

addict

It really is as simple as Calories in vs Calories out. The average person burns approx. 2200 calories a day just living.... So, eat less than 2200 calories and maintain a reasonable exercise program and you will loose weight. Yes, diet is very important and what kind of calories you take in is important and what kind of exercise is important. Walking/jogging is the most recommended form of exercise. Lots of good, free information online to help define a compatible diet/exercise program.

• 1 month later...

Hi this is my first post in the ITF forum.

I'm fat too :lol:, but I thought I would share a little bit about what is working for me currently. I am not like Xircal, and change of diet alone has never caused me to lose weight. I have a very slow metabolism it seems, thanks mom, and for me to get anywhere I need lots of exercise combined with diet.

I have lost all my extra weight twice in my life, only to see it come back about 5 years later. I am currently trying for number three, except now I am 43 and it is getting tougher.

My diet plan these days is carnivore weekdays (high protein low carb) and vegetarian weekends (carb cycling). In both cases I am trying to keep the calories low, mainly by keeping the portions low. No snacks, only water, soy milk, or coffee to drink. I also make an effort to keep the fat down. But the main thing is I am still eating the things I like, just not so much.

My exercise includes daily runs up my stairs, 60 x 17 steps (1020 all together) hour long walks every other evening, and strength training, I have my own equipment weight bench free weights etc. Recently I have been doing 100 sets on the stairs because 60 became easy, I run half of the sets.

Anyhow I have managed to trim 5.5 inches off the middle in 7 weeks but I have only lost 8kg. This is OK because the muscle is building. This week I lost a whole inch of gut but actually gained 100 grams.

6 more inches and I'll be happy, I think.

Anyhow, that's what I am up to

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Is this thread still being followed. The original post was 6 months ago.

Eating less is actually poor advice because you'll end up feeling run down if you start exercising but do't give your body the fuel to recover.

Exercise is important but you need to go at it with the correct intensity for your physical condition. The bottom line is you've got to sweat to lose weight, it's as simple as that. As far as the type of food your eating is concerned, you should immediately eliminate refined food products (simple carbs): white flour, all sugar (including soft drinks) and white rice, and replace it with high fiber, complex carb type foods that will fill you up but aren't calorie heavy. Don't eat any carbs after lunch, hard to do but effective - fill up on protein and vegetables at night.

Again the problem is poor advice. Well meant but wrong.

Specifically; eating veg. Veg contains carbos so eating them at night is doing the exact opposite to what you stae.

If you expect ordinary people to understand the content of foods then you again are way off.

So, how to lose weight?

Not rocket science just tough work.

Firstly, eat less. A friend of mine simply carried on as normal BUT left half of it on his plate. The weight fell off and at the same time he exercised but resisted eating more.

Now that's discipline. Add to that exercise. 5000 steps a day. So, how far is that? A metre a step gives you just over 2 kms out turn around go home. There's your 20 minutes exercise per day; and that gives more than any doctor would recommend for the week.

Then you plateau and can't lose weight. So, what to do next?

Cut out sugars; cut out acids. You find them in all fizzy drinks. Simply don't ever touch one again and ther's no such thing as'Zero'. Don't go there. If it's in a tin and not called 'tuna' don't eat it. Now you are cutting out the bad foods.

So what are you left with? All veg, all fruit and not all meat. If you can, then live on chicken. Supplement that with fish. That's it. Don't eat anything fried. Cook it any way you want but no fying, no oils.

Also, to increase your metabolism - the rate at which you burn off food, calories, fat is increased by being hydrated. That means you drink, and drink, and drink WATER. Easy simple as that.

If you can exercise then do it. Any time, any type, any where. But if you're challenged then swim or walk. If that fails then stretch and carry weights of any kind. But remember the water.

Ultimately, you can lose weight and not exercise. The Belsen, Sorbibor or Aushwitz diets seemed to work effectively. Little exercise, keep the day job and cut down on food intake.

They had no choice but you do. Hence the need for will power, discipline or a sadistic mistress who'll keep the frdge locked while she's whipping you.

That reminds me ............. no whipping cream either.

Edited by housepainter