Suzuki Raider 150r 2009

Just read on a m/c review site about the 2009 Suzuki Raider 150R 2009 model.

Load of bull for Thailand, or just available for other SE Asia countries?.

If so, is it for sale in Thailand and what price?

I am still pondering on purchasing a new Honda RS Sonic!

Nice one in this towns Honda dealer.

Edited by phutoie2

The Suzuki Raider 150R is avaiable at dealers of the BanSuzuki distributor, the two other Suzuki distributors did not reintroduced the Raider 150. And yes the Suzuki Raider 150R is available in almost all Southeast Asian countries mostly under different names...

The other Suzuki distributors claim that the Suzuki Raider 150 is not available after 2009, therefore they declined to reintroduce the Raider 150 R. Suzuki Thailand will keep producing the Suzuki Raider 150 for export reasons. Together with the comeback on the Thai market for the Suzuki Raider 150 R, Suzuki also introduced the same motorcycle in Malaysia (under another name)

Edited by Richard-BKK

You chaps appear to be in the know, what do you think of the sonic?. I notice it has a manual clutch/ gears and carb + exposed chain.

The wife has a click which I am allowed to ride! ,so best to stick with auto/belt drive/fuel inject/.

I just fancy something a little different.

I have full UK & Thai m/c licence.

A Honda Click is more what I call a scooter, the Honda Sonic 125 is a real motorcycle. As you being British you should be happy to know that the engine used to power the Honda Sonic 125 is also used to power the in England popular Honda CBR125R. With the exception that the British version gets its feeding by a Injection System and the Thai Sonic 125 “still” uses a carburetor.

It is expected that Honda Thailand will introduce a Honda Sonic 125 with fuel injection, before the year is out. In line with cost saving and production efficiency (and environmental concerns), that Honda Thailand is going to switch to the production of one sporty motorcycle engine with the latest engine technology.

What to do? Wait for the Fuel Injection or buy a carburetor version right now? The first thing you need to ask yourself, are you a bit of a technical person who is maybe going to sit-down with the motorcycle to fine-tune the carburetor? If yes, then you probably get more performance out of a carburetor version of the Sonic 125 then you get from a possible Honda Sonic equipped with a fuel-injection system.

If Honda Thailand is going for a Honda Sonic with Fuel-injection, you can be sure that it doesn't take long before they find a way to adjust the electronic fueling system of the Sonic 125 PGM-Fi. Still this sort of modification equipment will cost probably more then 10,000 Baht. And 10,000 Baht spend on a the current carburetor version of the Honda Sonic 125 will likely increase the power better.

Of course nothing beats a fuel-injection system if it comes to kilometers per liters of fuel, plug fuel-injection systems are known to do a much better job with modern fuels, like E10, E20 and are almost a must have for E85.

Thanks for that. I have ordered a black one with the mag type wheels.

One thing I did notice is zero compartment storage space compared to all the scooter types.

I wonder if Honda do a rack and top box so I can put the fishing tackle in??

I have seen them on Fino's (colour co-ordinated!).

Edited by phutoie2

• 1 month later...
"I wonder if Honda do a rack and top box so I can put the fishing tackle in??"

Check out your local scooter accessory shop. will cost ya about 2,000b for a good set.

Dear friend, could you inform me place to looking for Suzuki Spare Part in Kualalumpur - Malaysia. I need to buy some clutch plate & accessory for Raider 125 & 150. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
A Suzuki shop will be able to order parts...............

Or, if is possible, pls show me the link website or contact email to order part in Kualalumpur. Thanks!

If you guys can help me out I'm looking for a new or used raider 150 R, very high price paid for a good used bike.

You can look at my original post with the title: Wanted: Suzuki Raider 150, Want red or blue 'R'model with electric start.

It's in the 'bikes in thailand' forum.

here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?s=...t&p=2895406

thanks.

Jeff

Chiang Mai

085 784 5310

Edited by jbeck

Jeff Beck - famous musician?

I contacted the only local Raider owner I've ever known. He knows you're looking but isn't eager to sell.

Thanks. He contacted me. Nice guy. He doesn't even ride his! 1,300KM in 3 years. I didn't fully understand his reasons for wanting to keep it, but I do appreciate the help...

Jeff

Hey if you dont have any problems with buying from a dealer located a little bit outside bkk. I saw that they have a few Raiders for sell ~30.000 baht each.

http://www.bunkloso.com/index.php?module=P...view&id=363

Might want to give them a call and ask, no english last time i talked with them though.. :)

/peace

They are a Suzuki dealer? I can't find their address on the site...

can you translate any of this (besides the phone number?)

59.Suzuki raider กล่องโม,คาร์บู n-pro คอท่อพิเศษปลายโม

อาณาจักร แห่ง อะไหล่มอเตอร์ไซด์ ทั้งใหม่ - เก่า รับซื้อ และ จำหน่าย มอเตอร์ไซด์มือสอง ราคายุติธรรม โทร.087-6111555, 081-7572194

thanks,

Jeff

Jeff, None of that information is about the address of the shop, just the phone number.

The rest of it just goes on about selling second hand and new bikes :)

If you get in a taxi and hand him that, he will drive around for weeks :D

Hey if you dont have any problems with buying from a dealer located a little bit outside bkk. I saw that they have a few Raiders for sell ~30.000 baht each.

http://www.bunkloso.com/index.php?module=P...view&id=363

Might want to give them a call and ask, no english last time i talked with them though.. :D

/peace

They are a Suzuki dealer? I can't find their address on the site...

can you translate any of this (besides the phone number?)

59.Suzuki raider กล่องโม,คาร์บู n-pro คอท่อพิเศษปลายโม

อาณาจักร แห่ง อะไหล่มอเตอร์ไซด์ ทั้งใหม่ - เก่า รับซื้อ และ จำหน่าย มอเตอร์ไซด์มือสอง ราคายุติธรรม โทร.087-6111555, 081-7572194

thanks,

Jeff

I dont remember the adress, but if you have someone who can speak thai close by... give them a call ( 087-6111555, 081-7572194 ) and they will def tell you what you need to know. Might give them a call and ask if they still have those raiders in stock.. no use going there to find out they have been sold already :)

I have no experience doing business with them, just asked about a bike they sold before. But it might be worth a try. :D

well heres a good one PB. unbelievable

the suzuki raider i bought is not a suzuki raider, god knows what it is, suzuki 125 with all the stickers on for a 150.

now my problems start as the dealer says i bought it and thats that, cannot have money back

so he sells something that is not what he claims and then its too bad i shouldnt have bought it

oh well. this really is thailand

what next????????????

hello tim , i am not sure if you got my message back to you as the internet went down at the same time i send to you, just come on now

thanks for your support tim, feeling somewhat blue about this as dont have good financial position, going to start a tefl next week to see if i can earn some more money and needed a bike, so when i saw this and got all papers and looked so clean i left the rest of my brains at home. good job they didnt ask more as i would have paid more for a 150 late model low mileage

it says in log book, which is up to date every year from reg in 19 june 2545

suzuki model fu125sa

chassis bf41b-th100604, and engine f423-th100604 all same same as orignal

has change of colour from blue white to blue black in book

has new chromework and paint, that was obvious, and engine and stuff is virtually unmarked, would they respray an engine? it doesnt feel big mileage!

has 4 gears and no clutch. neutral down 1 2 3 4

2 owners, gf spoke to second owner, foreigner [burmese] he bought off a teacher for 13 k and traded in at this shop for an auto and got 10k part ex, he also got the change of colour registered as being a foreigner wanted it to be right. he thinks it is a 127cc raider [???]. thats what the shop told gf when she complained, last of twin cam 125 engined raiders [with 150 stickers]

no money back from dealer, just too bad, gf speak to different people and they say should have checked, so there we are, i nearly bought a sonic last week, pity i didnt as at least i would ahve know what it was

so looks like i am stuck with it or lose a lot of money

will go to police tomorrow and make a complaint , not that i expect any thing from them

gf says if we still in krabi then connections would sort it out, but chang mai not home territory

so i wonder what it is??????

Mate its a raider 125. which is what it states in the green book. its still a better looking bike than the sonic as long as you didn't spend to much. Bad luck and good luck (at least you have something different. be positive)

Edited by thaicbr

hello tim , i am not sure if you got my message back to you as the internet went down at the same time i send to you, just come on now

thanks for your support tim, feeling somewhat blue about this as dont have good financial position, going to start a tefl next week to see if i can earn some more money and needed a bike, so when i saw this and got all papers and looked so clean i left the rest of my brains at home. good job they didnt ask more as i would have paid more for a 150 late model low mileage

it says in log book, which is up to date every year from reg in 19 june 2545

suzuki model fu125sa

chassis bf41b-th100604, and engine f423-th100604 all same same as orignal

has change of colour from blue white to blue black in book

has new chromework and paint, that was obvious, and engine and stuff is virtually unmarked, would they respray an engine? it doesnt feel big mileage!

has 4 gears and no clutch. neutral down 1 2 3 4

2 owners, gf spoke to second owner, foreigner [burmese] he bought off a teacher for 13 k and traded in at this shop for an auto and got 10k part ex, he also got the change of colour registered as being a foreigner wanted it to be right. he thinks it is a 127cc raider [???]. thats what the shop told gf when she complained, last of twin cam 125 engined raiders [with 150 stickers]

no money back from dealer, just too bad, gf speak to different people and they say should have checked, so there we are, i nearly bought a sonic last week, pity i didnt as at least i would ahve know what it was

so looks like i am stuck with it or lose a lot of money

will go to police tomorrow and make a complaint , not that i expect any thing from them

gf says if we still in krabi then connections would sort it out, but chang mai not home territory

so i wonder what it is??????

Yes, Im sorry to e the bearer of bad news and all of that, but thats not a Raider. Did you get all those several pm's I sent you with specifications. There was no 127cc Raider, it was 124.5cc. The original 125 also had a clutch and 5 speed box, which has really wondering what they have sold you. Im sorry to hear you are not so financial to wear this on the chin. If theres no other option, you will have to take the bike and ride it for now,it can be sold later, you may get back the money you have outlayed, who knows.

Can you organise a picture for me, perhaps via pm and we can take all this info off the forum. I dont know what else to do to help.

As I said, the other day, I stopped at the market and there was what at first glance appeared to be a Suzuki raider, then I looked a bit closer and thought <deleted>....it was a Honda blade or similar with a raiders front end and fairing, it had no clutch and was definately a shitbox wave when it took off. I thought to myself, OMG, a copy raider :) .

Sorry this has happened to you. Keep ur chin up.

Neverdie. Suzuki made 3 different 125 raiders. one did have 4 speed auto clutch (the oldest one).

spec here.

ข้อมูลจำเพาะซูซูกิ RAIDER

รุ่น FU125SA-Z FU125SE-Z

ขนาดและน้ำหนัก กว้าง x ยาว x สูง 640 x 1,926 x 964 มม.

น้ำหนัก 102 กก. 106 กก.

เครื่องยนต์ แบบ Twincam 4 valve

1 สูบ 4 จังหวะ

ระบบระบายความร้อน ระบายความร้อนด้วยอากาศ

ความจุกระบอกสูบ 126.7cc.

กระบอกสูบ x ระยะชัก 57.5 x 48.8 มม.

ระบบสตาร์ท สตาร์ทเท้า สตาร์ทเท้า/สตาร์ทไฟฟ้า

คาร์บูเรเตอร์ MIKUNI BS 22 SH

ระบบส่งกำลัง คลัตช์ อัตโนมัติ

ระบบเกียร์ 4 เกียร์

โครงรถ

ระบบกันสะเทือน หน้า

โช้คอัพแบบเทเลสโคปิค

ระบบกันสะเทือน หลัง

โช้คอัพเดี่ยวร่วมกับสวิงอาร์ม

ขนาดยาง หน้า

2.25 - 17 - 4PR

ขนาดยาง หลัง

2.50 - 17 - 6PR

แบบวงล้อ

ล้อซี่ลวด

ความจุ น้ำมันเชื้อเพลิง น้ำมันเบนซินไร้สารตะกั่ว ค่าออกเทน 91 ขึ้นไป

ความจุถังน้ำมันเชื้อเพลิง 4.7 ลิตร

น้ำมันเครื่อง เปลี่ยนถ่ายปกติ 900 มล.

เปลี่ยนไส้กรองน้ำมันเครื่อง 1,100 มล.

ผ่าเครื่อง 1,200 มล.

ระบบเบรก เบรกหน้า ดิสก์เบรก

เบรกหลัง ดิสก์เบรก

แบตเตอรี่ แบบ แบบธรรมดา 12 V-3Ah แบบ

^Thanks very much A, I will talk to tomartoh about that. I looked and looked for that spec but couldnt find it, probably because it was in thai. I got the other two fu125 specs, with the 124.5 cc 5 speed box.

Ur a champ, thanks

tim