Panorama

yumidesign

original

post-34511-1244112495_thumb.jpg

panorama...... which is only the use of a wide angle lens on any kind of camera or cameras with wide angles that have a film frame with a high width, height ratio. Good cameras of this type have their lenses designed and engineered to avoid parallax problems

post-34511-1244112523_thumb.jpg

So you have not tried the vertical Panorama shooting them with a wide angle lens 5-6 shots

large.jpg

Your rendition of a Panorama is just a cropped large photo. A real Panorama is what you Kan never see (in one view) with you own eyes without moving your head. :)

Yours truly,

Kan Win, an Amateur in this field :D

Here's a Pano I shot in 2000 with my newly acquired E-10 Olympus.

3 shots tripod mounted , stitched in Photoshop, and produced a whacking file of some 175mb! It took 30 minutes to open it on my "Windoze" machine :)

I nearly died when I got to the site and realised my lens limitation. The Pano saved the day and the customer was happy.

Promotional shot for beach land sale and a really hot and sticky day. Boy, did I suffer. It took me nearly 2 hours to complete the job in those conditions.

I drew lines on the screen to ensure total alignment as I moved the tripod along.

It was, and still is, the only Pano I've ever shot. :D

Sorry about the "lines" in it - file corrupted over the years.

Edited by The Vulcan