Dukes Pizza

nicksal37

Tonight at the Thai Visa party at Tuskers the gentleman from Dukes sent a dozen large pizzas for us to enjoy.Having read the thread about his pizzas being salty, all I can say the pizzas he sent were delicious.Thank you very much and I look forward to coming to your restaurant.Well done DUKES.

It is 200 baht for a "small" pizza - that is so big that I have a difficult time finishing it- at the riverside Duke's that is probably the size of a large pizza at Pizza Hut/Company and much, much less expensive. I enjoy both types of pizza, but the Duke's is much more reasonable!

It is 200 baht for a "small" pizza - that is so big that I have a difficult time finishing it- at the riverside Duke's that is probably the size of a large pizza at Pizza Hut/Company and much, much less expensive. I enjoy both types of pizza, but the Duke's is much more reasonable!

Agreed.

I disagree with you UG, I think the pizza company has a better, larger, cheaper pizza.. and it is tasty :)

All I can say is that I pay about 200 baht for the Duke's small pizza with mushrooms and olives and pepperoni and even though it is delish, I can barely finish it.

I pay over 300 baht for a medium Pizza Company pan pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms which is also good, but it is much smaller than the Duke's "small" pizza and I am still slightly hungry afterwards.

A large Duke’s pizza with 3 items is a little over 500 baht, but it is so huge that 3 big eaters can share it without ordering anything else except beer. We do it fairly often.

I'm sorry, but, I cannot explain why we have such different perceptions about the size. unsure.gif

Edited by Ulysses G.

... I think the pizza company has a better, larger, cheaper pizza.. and it is tasty :)

Proof that there is no accounting for taste. Maybe someone could host a "blind" taste test of several local pizzas and see which one comes out on top?

Edited by Rice_King

I was really annoyed :) that the pizza arriving so late in the evening after I woofed down all the ribs, spaghetti and sausage.

I barely had any the room to consume and enjoy 2 delicious and unsalty slices. They were terrific. 1st pizza I have had in 5 years if I don't count the cr@p slice I had at the US Consulate Jul 4th bash 2 years ago.

Thanks Dukes

All I can say is that I pay about 200 baht for the Duke's small pizza with mushrooms and olives and pepperoni and even though it is delish, I can barely finish it.

I pay over 300 baht for a medium Pizza Company pan pizza with pepperoni and mushrooms which is also good, but it is much smaller than the Duke's "small" pizza and I am still slightly hungry afterwards.

A large Duke’s pizza with 3 items is a little over 500 baht, but it is so huge that 3 big eaters can share it without ordering anything else except beer. We do it fairly often.

I'm sorry, but, I cannot explain why we have such different perceptions about the size. unsure.gif

I think it is the crust. I like thick, you like thin. A large thick crust can feed a lot of people for a few days, perhaps :)

A large Duke's pizza with 3 items is a little over 500 baht, but it is so huge that 3 big eaters can share it without ordering anything else except beer. We do it fairly often.

I think it is the crust. I like thick, you like thin. A large thick crust can feed a lot of people for a few days, perhaps :)

you are implying volume is what you use to score your pizza preferance ,i justs hung up the phone with the Duke he said he would bake extra bread for you....

come in he will supply you with a basket of bread so you can take home and munch for a week. or...

why don't you buy a loaf of bread from Chez Marcos for 50 baht if you want to eat a lot of bread for a few days....

eat pizza company pizza but the Dukes pizza is just as good or better.

do you go to the pizza company for the Mayonnaise they put on their pizza? i ordered a pizza there once years ago when they first opened that chain ..

the horror..but now i heard the thin crust double cheeze pizza is good ... I will never go back to to that pizza company chain restaurant to check it out again though....

Mayonnaise on a pizza..the horror i am still working that one out day by day

Edited by gatorhead333

A large Duke's pizza with 3 items is a little over 500 baht, but it is so huge that 3 big eaters can share it without ordering anything else except beer. We do it fairly often.

I have a membership card from Pizza Company. I think it cost a few hundred baht, last time I was there it was still available. With the card I buy one get one free.

It does require a pizza purchase of 250 baht or more and is carry-out only.

So I normally get 2 mediums for about 300 baht. For me it ends up being 3 meals. I don't mind reheating or eating cold pizza.

I have not yet tried The Dukes but I will. Pizza Company is good enough to satisfy my cravings, actually I like the thin crust double peperoni the best.. :)

Edited by kenai

GatorHead,

i have never encountered mayonaise on the pizza's at Pizza Company. U must be confusing it with the cheap pizzas you get at Carrefour, Tops etc etc.

TB..

no confusion ,most likely there are many many things you have never encountered in life that I have ...and visa versa ...one thing i must state here clearly I have NEVER dined ,muchy munched on a tops,carrefour or any frosen cheap pizza here in my life ..why?..we are in thailand !!

i need finer foods and just do not eat swill! life is precious, time is so short on our God's earth... so work hard so you can afford to enjoy the finer things in life! the Dukes will do fine for most needs ... the dukes abides! then of course fine food....Chez Marcos too but not frozen dough with stuff on it from a Tops ,a Macro... No!!never.hey i think you hit a nerve with this one!!!

believe one thing.... the horror ! again if you read what i said i was there when they first opened the chain when the guy first set up when he jumped ship from having pizza hut franchise.

I know many people must have had the same horror at the pizza company but i also know they have got a decent double cheese pizza now with no mayonaise.. the mayo is/was a thai thing and yes pizza company had mayo on some pizzas.i know mayo well...but most likly it was big globs of Craft type salad dressing.

anybody that got the same horror chime in let the tiger beer know..THE HORROR!

this is a sad fact here in thailand pizza history,, i would almost bet that on some of there special pizzas mayo still rules maybe.

back then i went with Thai people which ordered it, had everything on it, maybe even more than everything!! stuff westerners would not even dream of.... mayo included.

Edited by gatorhead333

GatorHead,

i have never encountered mayonaise on the pizza's at Pizza Company. U must be confusing it with the cheap pizzas you get at Carrefour, Tops etc etc.

TB..

no confusion ,most likely there are many many things you have never encountered in life that I have ...and visa versa ...one thing i must state here clearly I have NEVER dined ,muchy munched on a tops,carrefour or any frosen cheap pizza here in my life ..why?..we are in thailand !!

i need finer foods and just do not eat swill! life is precious, time is so short on our God's earth... so work hard so you can afford to enjoy the finer things in life! the Dukes will do fine for most needs ... the dukes abides! then of course fine food....Chez Marcos too but not frozen dough with stuff on it from a Tops ,a Macro... No!!never.hey i think you hit a nerve with this one!!!

believe one thing.... the horror ! again if you read what i said i was there when they first opened the chain when the guy first set up when he jumped ship from having pizza hut franchise.

I know many people must have had the same horror at the pizza company but i also know they have got a decent double cheese pizza now with no mayonaise.. the mayo is/was a thai thing and yes pizza company had mayo on some pizzas.i know mayo well...but most likly it was big globs of Craft type salad dressing.

this is a sad fact here in thailand pizza history,, i would almost bet that on some of there special pizzas mayo still rules maybe.

back then i went with Thai people which ordered it, had everything on it, maybe even more than everything!! stuff westerners would not even dream of.... mayo included.

:):D

whatever mr. fine dining.

Even worse. What they call mayonnaise has nothing to do with Mayonnaise. They fool people twice.

Hey, men, you don't talk to gatorhead333. You listen to him. The man's enlarged my mind. He's a poet-warrior in the classic sense. I mean sometimes he'll... uh... well

:)

GatorHead,

TB..

:):D

whatever mr. fine dining.

mr tiger beer ,

your last post... ur cartoons above are very well done since we know many CM humans here must snacky wacky, munchy wunchy on low quality slop.... many not by choice...sorry for them ....

meanwhile as i drink fine wine and eat the finer foods... my heart silently weep for these poor sobs too, along with you , in our wonderful CM ...

Edited by gatorhead333

Diddo on that one. Just had my weekly Duke's pizza. I usually can put down a small pizza but it takes some work and it is definitely waaaaay bigger than your average small pizza. Pizza Company does have a very good crust going for them, but I feel the toppings are rather poor quality. :)

Diddo on that one. Just had my weekly Duke's pizza. I usually can put down a small pizza but it takes some work and it is definitely waaaaay bigger than your average small pizza. Pizza Company does have a very good crust going for them, but I feel the toppings are rather poor quality. :)

pizza company is a big Thai chain ! of course it is a given, they buy in huge bulk the cheapest, lowest cost Thai ingredients can possibly find.the stuff on top will not be of Dukes quality ...come on think about it... an american owned and operated restaurant verses a huge Thai chain in malls on every corner everywhere slinging mass quanities//two key words here are -#1-Thai the second key word is #2-American

Though, as I previosuly posted, I would not go near the feeding frenzy when the pizzas were placed on the table

I think the most important thing is to thank the donor.

Thank you for your generous donation and ignore the negative comments from wannabes!

Though, as I previosuly posted, I would not go near the feeding frenzy when the pizzas were placed on the table

I think the most important thing is to thank the donor.

Thank you for your generous donation and ignore the negative comments from wannabes!

Well said Pash. :)

Feeding frenzy, really? I'd love to see a picture of that. :D

I am right now writing home about it to my sister - who like me, was born in Chicago.

PB, please be kind enough to post her reply. I'd really like to hear from the people who invented pizza. But the oven alarm is ringing right now, I have to go. The croissants are ready.

Thai pizzas contain schhttuufff like fake bologna, fake mayo, and other ingredients. Duke's was so great that I am right now writing home about it to my sister - who like me, was born in Chicago.

really it is laughable for someone to say pizza company in the same sentance as the Dukes when talking pizza. Except if they were Thai people then of course all is forgiven since "they know not what they do" when it comes to ordering a pizza . Many Thais that have been abroad know well what pizza is ... The pizza company invented a bunch of Thai type toppings pizzas back when it opened up to generate interest with a non pizza eating younger Thai population .

i think ..but maybe only half right .....

Thai's love mayonnaise so of course throw big globs of it on my pizza for me then serve it like nothing happened...

A marketing ploy possibly learned from some one attending the MBA program at Payap,but not sure on that one .maybe i'm half right or something .....

but again, if stuck in the heavy rain somewhere and there is a pizza company in the same building keep the toppings to a minimun in fact make it one topping double cheese thin crust and then you know you will not get mayonnaise on the top of your pizza.

otherwise open your umbrella ,take on the elements and go get a pizza at the Dukes!

Edited by gatorhead333