Travel Between Malaysia And Thailand Many Times?

I may have problems getting visas, so I'd rather not rely on them when it comes to planning travel.

I want to stay in Asia as long as possible, preferably Thailand and Malaysia only.

I know I can stay in Malaysia for 3 months without a visa, and Thailand for 30 days (if I enter on the thai-malaysia border).

So would it be possible to just bounce back and forth between the two, using trains, and stay long periods of time (years)?

For example, would it be possible (and easy) to stay in Malaysia for 3 months, then take a train to Thailand for 30 days,

then go back to Malaysia for another 3 months, and back and forth like this? What problems might arise if I try to do this?

Thanks

Unless you are from Malaysia or a country that has a bilateral agreement with Thailand you will only get 15 days crossing the border and those are now limited to 4 and then you have to fly out and back in order to make another border entry. If you fly in and out you get 30 days.

Why do you think that you will have a problem getting visas. Tourist visas are easy to get.

I think I remember a post once that said Malaysia frowns upon people leaving and returning on a regular basis using the 90 entry.

Ok thanks for the info and replies. But one thing Im confused about is this Thailand-Malaysia border thing. On the Department of State website for USA, under Thailand entry requirements, it says that you get 30 days if you cross into Thailand from Malaysia. This has changed since February?

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1040.html

You can get a single entry tourist visa in KL or Penang without a problem. In Penang it is same day service and KL next day. A single entry would give you 90 days total by extending the 60 day entry 30 days at immigration.

In Vientiane Laos you can get a 2 entry that would give almost 6 months without getting a new visa.

If you are over 50 you can get 90 day non immigrant O visas. And an extension of stay for a year.

As said only 15 days at the border crossing when entering Thailand. Apparently a limit of 4 back to back.

does it apply to 4 consecutive land crossings?

or a total of 4 entries by land i.e. within a year?

Four land crossings total and then you need to do an entry by air or a visa entry that resets the count.

They are numbering the entry stamps. There have been reports of people getting the number one.