Unusual Places?

billyboy

I want to go to some unusual,wacky places whilst in Bangkok this trip.

Last time i went to the hospital museum to see the bodies,dont know if anyone has ever been to the forensic museum but i found it ok.

Then i went to Bang Kwang jail and saw that.but it was only a short stay.This time im going for a week anyone got any ideas?

I want to go to some unusual,wacky places whilst in Bangkok this trip.

Last time i went to the hospital museum to see the bodies,dont know if anyone has ever been to the forensic museum but i found it ok.

Then i went to Bang Kwang jail and saw that.but it was only a short stay. This time im going for a week anyone got any ideas?

So you're looking for a longer stay at Bang Kwang jail?

Yeah, I think I can help you with that.

:o

have you been to the street near chinatown where they slaughter the chickens out in the street.

its a non-stop blood fest as trucks pull up and unload crates of squawking birds , one guy opens the crate and pulls out a chicken , the second guy holds the head straight and then the third guy slices the throat , guy number four takes the bird , now spraying blood everywhere and dumps it in a big plastic drum where it flaps around for a few seconds before expiring. when the drum is full its taken inside and another empty drum takes its place.

this goes on all day , and the guys doing it all just chat away to each other as if they were down the pub. they are covered in blood and feathers.

i came upon this scene by accident one day as i was wandering around the chinatown markets and alleys.

never been back though.

what with prisons and forensic museums , this one should be to your liking.

dont stand too close , the blood really sprays out and now and again one will wriggle free and try to run away before it dies.

better not take the kids or vegetarians along , its a bit hardcore.

Not really unusual or wacky but, anyone been to Ko Kret, the island in Nontaburi?

I've read that no cars or trucks are allowed on it, so I thought I'd go there on my bike and ride around the island. I wasn't even allowed to take my bike across on the ferry. Although I think I did read that residents are allowed to use MCs but not visitors.

Just out of curiosity, how does one get around the island once you're there?

(Hey Cdnvic, wheres the other avatar, I liked it better!  :D  )

I generally change them every 3 or 4 hundred posts. I was out of good polar bear stuff so I adopted a Haida secret society mask. Maybe it'll put a curse on some trolls. :o

cv

Not really unusual or wacky but, anyone been to Ko Kret, the island in Nontaburi?

I've read that no cars or trucks are allowed on it, so I thought I'd go there on my bike and ride around the island. I wasn't even allowed to take my bike across on the ferry. Although I think I did read that residents are allowed to use MCs but not visitors.

Just out of curiosity, how does one get around the island once you're there?

you can take your bike on the wat klang kret ferry

You can also cycle around Ko Kret.

While this is not unusual place, its as near to Thai living as you will see near Bangkok. A boat ride along the Tha Chin River. About half hours drive from Bangkok in Sam Phran district of Nakhon Pathom. Many houses backed on to the river or set back with gardens in full bloom.