2nd Hand Jap Sport Bikes Under 400cc ?

Thaiboxer1

I've been looking around town for a good deal on a 2nd hand Japanese sport bike under 400 cc. All I keep finding are ###### scooters.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Is there a pattaya bike trader magazine or classifieds? How about a website?

Or any good shops to recommend?

I'm interested in :

NSR 150, NSR 250, CBR 250, CBR 400, GSXR 400

Anybody have an idea how much a few yrs old NSR 150 w/Repsol paint scheme in good condition costs? Siam Motorcycle on Sukhumvit has one asking $45000, but seems overpriced.

I had a CBR 400 for sale for quite a while, sold it for around 45,000 I think. It's true, there are not so many, but if you keep your eyes open you'll find one eventually. Often you see them parked at the curb with a sign on. Other places to check are noticeboards in Carrefour, Foodland and Friendship and of course Pattaya Mail and Pattaya Today.

An NSR 150 for 45k would need to be in an excellent condition I think. Siam Motorcycles have a good mechanic, they know what they're doing, but they're certainly not the cheapest place in town! Besides, if you're a big guy you'll look quite funny on anything smaller than a 400 :o

This doesn't sound good, but you should be able to find it.

The shop is on Third Road about 200 meters south of Central Pattaya Road.

It is on the east side of the street.

It normally sells a lot of large bikes, but he might have what you are loking for as well.

I hope you do not mind my suggesting that you should really stick to something manufactured locally, as it will be easier and less expensive to repair.

I drove one of the 250cc 2-strokes a few years ago.

I think it was named Gamma-R.

If Honda makes a 250 like it, which I am pretty sure that they do, I would bet that a lot of the basic parts are interchangeable with the 150 version that is readily available here.

In Pattaya, the shops named Mijin, Mitchen, ...... have a virtual monooly on new bikes for sale, so prices do not vary a great deal. The shop on SOuth Pattaya Road opposite Friendship market might have the bike that you are looking for. If not, the senior salesman, a man about 40, will be happy to callyou when one come sin, and he will give you a god price as well because they will not have to store the bike.

A friend of mine has a motorbike rental business with over 30 bikes. he has bought many used bikes from this shop.

Also, check out the bulletin boards at Friendship, Carrefour and Foodland.

I have always been a 4-stroke rider and prefer the wave 125 fuel injected model. There should be some used ones coming out now.

Good luck

It normally sells a lot of large bikes, but he might have what you are loking for as well.

I hope you do not mind my suggesting that you should really stick to something manufactured locally, as it will be easier and less expensive to repair. 

If Honda makes a 250 like it, which I am pretty sure that they do, I would bet that a lot of the basic parts are interchangeable with the 150 version that is readily available here.

In Pattaya, the shops named Mijin, Mitchen, ...... have a virtual monooly on new bikes for sale, so prices do not vary a great deal.  The shop on SOuth Pattaya Road opposite Friendship market might have the bike that you are looking for.  If not, the senior salesman, a man about 40, will be happy to callyou when one come sin, and he will give you a god price as well because they will not have to store the bike.

A friend of mine has a motorbike rental business with over 30 bikes.  he has bought many used bikes from this shop.

I have always been a 4-stroke rider and prefer the wave 125 fuel injected model.  There should be some used ones coming out now.

Good luck

Eljeque,

Thanks for your detailed information. I'll check these shops out today. Back in Canada, we have a loyal underground following for them 2 strokers. There's a shop back home that imports in the NSR'S for a ridiculously sick price of over $300,000 baht! So out here in Thailand, I'm in 2 stroke heaven! :o

In Pattaya, the shops named Mijin, Mitchen, ...... have a virtual monooly on new bikes for sale, so prices do not vary a great deal.  The shop on SOuth Pattaya Road opposite Friendship market might have the bike that you are looking for.  If not, the senior salesman, a man about 40, will be happy to callyou when one come sin, and he will give you a god price as well because they will not have to store the bike.

A friend of mine has a motorbike rental business with over 30 bikes.  he has bought many used bikes from this shop.

I have always been a 4-stroke rider and prefer the wave 125 fuel injected model.  There should be some used ones coming out now.

Good luck

Eljeque,

Thanks for your detailed information. I'll check these shops out today. Back in Canada, we have a loyal underground following for them 2 strokers. There's a shop back home that imports in the NSR'S for a ridiculously sick price of over $300,000 baht! So out here in Thailand, I'm in 2 stroke heaven! :o

I just remembered!!!!!

"Road Machine" is the name of the shop on the east side of Third Road about 150 meters south of Central Road.

And even better, I just remembered that I knew a Philippine girl here whose boyfriend is in the bike business and manufactures his own parts as well. He rides what you are looking for, and would more than likley know where he can find another one. You can call or email me at:

[email protected]

06 722 1216

I just spoke to her, and she will get a hold of him and find out if he has a two-stroke in the 150cc to 400cc range or if he can find one.

Derek

I just remembered!!!!!

"Road Machine" is the name of the shop on the east side of Third Road about 150 meters south of Central Road.

And even better, I just remembered that I knew a Philippine girl here whose boyfriend is in the bike business and manufactures his own parts as well.  He rides what you are looking for, and would more than likley know where he can find another one.  You can call or email me at:

[email protected]

06  722  1216

I just spoke to her, and she will get a hold of him and find out if he has a two-stroke in the 150cc to 400cc range or if he can find one.

Derek

Hey Derek,

Thanks for your help bro! I'll give u a call 2morrow afternoon.

• 8 months later...