A Desperate Visa Situation

Serious help/advise is asked, as I appear to be in a desperate situation.

I am an American, retired, living on my small Social Security checks, and am in a wheelchair (when I have help getting into it) due to an accident in the mountains, which resulted in a very serious injury - now with complications. For many reasons I need to get back to doctors in the States ASAP, but I cannot go until I am able to make a plane trip.

I have been coming to Thailand for some time now, on Non-Immigrant "O" visas gotten in the States, and the current one will expire before I am able to be out of the wheelchair and onto a walker or crutches, depending on how my condition progresses. My last border run on this visa was at Mae Sai, and this last 90 days on the visa is stamped until July 14th.

I guess I should know this, but what is the easiest and simplest (with the least travel) way to get an extension for at least 30 days (60 days may be required)?? I am currently recovering in the Chiang Rai area.

Petrucio

If you are not able to travel you can get an extension for a maximum of 90 days per time on medical grounds. Have your doctor call to immigration and give you a letter stating you cannot travel. The final decison is with immigration and they can have their own doctor looking at you.

Major hospital often have liason with immigration and can help you getting an extension.

Documentation from your doctor will do it.

From police order.

2.25 In the case of medical treatment or convalescence or to look after a patient:Permission will be granted for a period of not more than 90 days at a time.

.(1) Confirmation and request has been made by a physician responsible for the treatment. The Physician must describe the details of treatment and advised that the illness is a barrier for travelling.