Local Govmt [arbatour] Spraying For Mosquitos

jaideeguy

After the 5th or 6th spraying by the local amphore [sp?], I've come to the conclusion that the spraying is absolutely useless. This time they showed up with two large motorised fog sprayers and sprayed all over our house and immediate area and when evening came, so did the mosquitos again. Didn't see any dead insects on the ground after either.....meaning that the spray wasn't poison or the insects are totally immune.

I told the wife to tell them next time 'thanks, but no thanks'.

Other's experiences????

There will always be mosquitos, as there will always be cockroaches. What these guys are trying to do is to get rid of mosquitos that MIGHT be infected with diseases like dengue or malaria. Afterall, it is only mature female mosquitos that get infected - NOT mosquito larvae.

Last time the guys came around our soi i managed to get them in to do our house/garden, the stuff they sprayed stank like deisel???? did see a lot of dead mozzies immedeately afterwards but within a week to ten days - back to same same. :)

Don't know what they're spraying that smells like diesel. In many parts of Florida, malathion is fogged from humongous fan trucks *every night* - and only at night, from about 1 a.m. to 4 a.m. And in the cities and towns where it is sprayed, there are no mosquitoes. Period. There's no aroma from the fog, and it is said that it is not at all harmful to humans or pets (unless they're mosquitoes, I guess).

After the 5th or 6th spraying by the local amphore [sp?], I've come to the conclusion that the spraying is absolutely useless. This time they showed up with two large motorised fog sprayers and sprayed all over our house and immediate area and when evening came, so did the mosquitos again. Didn't see any dead insects on the ground after either.....meaning that the spray wasn't poison or the insects are totally immune.

I told the wife to tell them next time 'thanks, but no thanks'.

Other's experiences????

My neighbour says they dilute it too much. So she commandeered the vehicle when it arrived in our area and supervised the chemical mixing. Lo and behold ever since then the mozzies always die in our area. They sprayed yesterday and since then I have seen 3 mosquitoes only and I just zapped them. :)

So it would seem over economizing is the problem.

definately noticed the diesel spray smell...

when in hubby's muubaan the sprayer came around wearing only a dust mask and the usual clothes over everything; i , on the other hand, was just going out to the hung naam to shower and was wearing a patung only. as he came around all the kids in the house (the youngest 3 yr old was terrified by the sound of the sprayer) came running out to the back yard and then the front yard to get away from the spray... with the three yr old clinging to my patung about to be pulled open... the sprayer did a second circle of spray around the house... i guess he wanted a closer look at a farang woman in patung about to fall off....

when i related this to my in laws, they thought it was hysterically funny (it was really)....

smelly house, oily water, no dead mossies...

bina

israel

if it was really a decent spray then none of the kids would have had lice still in their hair the next day...