Did You Have A Nice Shopping Experience Recently?

tartempion

Kudroz,

Lets say you were actually paying;

B83,000/month for house rental (approx.1M/year) (nearly impossible to even find in CM)

Had 5 full time 'house staff' at B10,000/month each (ripoff), B600,000/year,

Constantly drove around 3 gas guzzlers spending B30,000B/month on fuel B360,000/year (just plain stupid and terrible for the environment) You would'nt even be HALFWAY to 4MIL/year. Either you have a shopping fetish,gold-digging 'partners'or are full of shit.

Kudroz,

B83,000/month for house rental (approx.1M/year) (nearly impossible to even find in CM)

Constantly drove around 3 gas guzzlers spending B30,000B/month on fuel B360,000/year (just plain stupid and terrible for the environment) You would'nt even be HALFWAY to 4MIL/year. Either you have a shopping fetish,gold-digging 'partners'or are full of shit.

I would hazard a guess that he is including business expenses also

Seems reasonable if he's running a company

On a lighter note, don't you just love it when the salespeople follow you around like you are an arch criminal :D

Oh Yeah.... :D .....Dont think they realise how this practice makes people uncomfortable and as a result it costs them sales...I know personally, when I am in a shop and the "shadow" appears, I am out the door... :)

Back on topic

Exactly my reaction when the sales staff come hovering around

They usually don't have a clue

I will be looking at pink ties...............and they will show me a green one :D

Hey you broke Farang Husband Rule 101>never go shopping with your Thai wife, give her the bloody baht and send her on her way. You got everything you desever, luck the Aircon in your car didn't break on the way home, wise up be an old Thailand Hand, we would never go shopping with the wife. :D:D:D:):D

Kudroz,

I can't believe I'm even taking the time to put a little weasel to his place, but here goes:

1.9M per year on housing/cars/house staff and food (was 2.5M/y when I was renting a villa in Laguna Phuket)

In the last 6 months i've spent 600k THB to buy new furniture for my house, plus also a 800k THB deposit on one car and 150k THB on another one. Last month I bought 2 macbook pros and 2x 24" screen to go with them for about 250k THB. Add to that trips out of the country where I spend hefty on hotels and food and a bunch of other expenses that I regularly make you'll have your 4M THB per year.

I've bought a lot of furniture from Index for both my home and office. Each time I need to go there, I dread the incompetents handling the bills. It always takes forever and they're confused by simple math. Each time I go there I must check the bill carefully because they're always mistakes. But frankly, I've encountered incompetence by people working in retail stores all over Thailand, not just from Index. Also I need to draw a map of my home/office so they can come deliver the stuff. God, it's like we're in the jungle. My GPS find the small sois and streets just fine, why can't they use a bloody map.

It happened many times when a food delivery guy comes to my house with a bill of, let's say, 549 THB. Then I pay him with a 1,000 bill and 49 satangs, expecting to get a 500 THB bill back. But each time, their brain farts and they give me the 49 satang back looking at me funny like I made a mistake ;-)

In iStudio Chiang Mai (Central Airport shopping mall), they have a farang who works there and assists English speaking people walking in the store. I had a very pleasant shopping experience there and it made me realize the crap I've been putting up with while shopping in Thailand.

This whole thread is ridiculous in the extreme! 49 satangs ,who cares? Just a year ago you were paying full price at David Jones ,sears or whatever shopping center and forking out $20 for a Thai meal in your hometown. Cheap charlies alive and well in LOS :)

Cheap charlie? Read my posts, I have a lifestyle that cost me well over 4M THB per year. I was merely pointing out that the Thai couldn't do simple math - maybe you missed the point. They can't understand why I would pay 1,049 THB on a 549 THB bill so I could get 500 THB back instead of several bills and change.

Very cheap Charlie! :D

Hey you broke Farang Husband Rule 101>never go shopping with your Thai wife, give her the bloody baht and send her on her way. You got everything you desever, luck the Aircon in your car didn't break on the way home, wise up be an old Thailand Hand, we would never go shopping with the wife. :D:D:D:):D

Or,if you go shopping for something important,let the wife home,tell the salespeople to go f******,visit different places and look at the prices.

Easy to say Cheap Charlie,easier to throw money away.

If I had money to give away,would likely give to a Charity ,or a Bargirl.More fun! :D

I'd say that's cheating counting a car purchase towards 'lifestyle' expenses but that's just me. Plus I think you implied living in CM, Phuket is a whole nother matter.

Why do you care so much how I spend my money? Get a life?

Edited by kudroz

Why do I care?? I dont. I would'nt even KNOW if YOU had'nt felt the burning need to tell everyone.

I was replying to someone else. Why do you care? Looks like your annoyed by other people's wealth. So I dare say it again: Get a life! You got this off topic and trolled me in to answer your posts.

Edited by kudroz

On a lighter note, don't you just love it when the salespeople follow you around like you are an arch criminal :D

Oh Yeah.... :D .....Dont think they realise how this practice makes people uncomfortable and as a result it costs them sales...I know personally, when I am in a shop and the "shadow" appears, I am out the door... :)

Back on topic

Exactly my reaction when the sales staff come hovering around

They usually don't have a clue

I will be looking at pink ties...............and they will show me a green one :D

They were trying to save you from wearing a pink tie. You should thank them. :D

I'd rather be a weasel than a peacock. :D

Declaring your 4Mil lifestyle. Yes. Get a life.

Well I'm glad we agree on something :)

Never though a 4M lifestyle was worth bragging for, but if you say so!

Planned to shop for some furniture at Udon Thani new Index mall yesterday.

Arrived there at 10.25 and unfortunately the place was closed: seems they open late at 11.00.

OK, drove to nearby Home Pro to have a look, bought a cheap carpet there, 500B.

Went back to Index, we were the first customers and had the usual 7 people welcoming us and only one male following our wandering and we stopped at the towel section. Found new large design towels at 249Bt and took 2 different colors. The man following us came to tell us they had a promotion running "buy one, get one free" and he brought us two more, one from each color. OK I thought, at least the man following us is useful. He then proceeded to get us 4 more small towels, same colors. I thought "what the heck? I don't need those!" Checked price, 89Bt each. Walking towards the fake flower section (knew my wife would want to complete the flowers she bought last year to fill the two big vases we had handmade in some handicraft village last year, lots of flowers go in the vases!) I wondered, hey "I can buy such towels 4 for 100 Bt at some cart" so considered putting them aside when paying. The man also gave the promotion flier which mentioned you get a 1k gift voucher if you buy for more than 20k Bt.

I might buy for 20K, thus we could possibly pay for some of the fake flowers with the voucher, guessing the flower bill would be +2K Bt.

Went over to furniture where a nice lady took over taking care of us. She would push our cart and advice us everywhere we stopped. We ordered a kitchen table, a mirror and a sofa, we looked around and hesitated/delayed some purchases to later.

Finally the lady walked us over to customer where it took an incredible 30 minutes to fill in forms and complete our order. Wife gave them our customer card, but no information in their computer using the card to find address etc, that much for the computer age.

Note I was able to drink 3 orange juices the time it took for the paper work because it was dam_n hot in there, the airco working since 11AM trying to cope with the heath.

Now our furniture bill was 18.800Bt, flowers and towels not counting for promotion.

Fair enough, I thought: lets go back and add one of the 2-3k items we could not decide on taking (you know sometimes you are not convinced the item is not 100% what you want, so give it consideration for a later possible buy). On that the lady changed her mind and started checking the price of flowers until she reached the required 20K. I was presented a bill at customer support for the 18.800Bt of furniture and we were told to pay the flowers and towels at the cashier and we would get our 1k gift there.

OK, fair enough again and we walked to the cashier.

Do you guess what happened there?

First record and pay for part of the flowers to reach the 1200Bt missing for the 1k voucher.

Still had some more flowers to pay with the voucher, you got that also? OK.

Then they billed the towels. OK. two big towels at 249, two free, two hand towels at 89, two free, total 676Bt, hope you could figure that out without computer? :D

Gave 1k Bt bill, was told slip showed 996Bt.

Arai na? What's up here? Big discussion with 3 cashiers and the wife.

Seems the man who completed our towel set got it wrong. Checking the promotion flyer.

Seems inside says buy i big towel, get small towel for free, but main page simply states "buy one get one free" Hmmmm, smells a rat.

OK, since we only wanted to buy two large towels and two small are free lets stick to that, so I took out half of the towels and asked to correct the problem.

The problem was transferred to a big desk opposite the cashiers and took 15 minutes to resolve with correcting the cash tickets and trying to figure out how much they should reimburse me. In fact took me a few second to know it should be half of what I paid, thus 498, right?

Life can be difficult for Thai people.

When finally this was settled we still needed to finalise the flower bill for the remaining 1k voucher and you guessed? The wife did not have 1k flowers to pay, so went back to flower section with one of the cashier ladies to get some more so we could finally close the deal.

To their credit I must say that this lady replaced two damaged flowers.

Jeez, all in all, what a mess and so much time to order, fill in the forms and pay in 3 episodes, fels like LOST, the TV show...but the we had plenty of time. Got out there past 13h and very hungry, maybe they should have offered lunch also? :D

BTW, when we left it seems we still were the only customers and did not meet any inside the huge two floor shop.

:) zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

This whole thread is ridiculous in the extreme! 49 satangs ,who cares? Just a year ago you were paying full price at David Jones ,sears or whatever shopping center and forking out $20 for a Thai meal in your hometown. Cheap charlies alive and well in LOS :)

Maybe you need a brain check-up in your garage.

Anyone with an IQ above 85 would have understood the typo error baht/satang, not Zorro1. Even I can figure out that a 546 baht bill and handing over a 1000 baht note + 49 baht (not satang) should get you a 500B bill in return.

In your later comment about the OP what has this to do with with farangs hating Thais to make a profit??? Please clarify.

My IQ is only 99.75 :D

May I also add that I needed to replace a coffee maker last month in Paris.

Paying was an overhead of providing my tel number to an employee, their computer found my address which I confirmed and swiping my debit card through a reader and keying my pin code. I don't think this took more than 2 minutes.

Good luck in Thailand, I spent 2h15 minutes in that shop; 1h buying, 1.15" admin :D

If ever you plan to buy a computer, LCD TV, car or bread toaster in Thailand you better do your homework and know what to buy before you hit the shop because I never met a sales person who knew the specifications of any of the above mentioned items including the functioning of a bread toaster.

Edited by tartempion