Shipping 2 Boxes To The Usa

travalaska

Does anyone have any experience mailing boxes to the US. I am wondering if there will be an import tax. I am shipping back 2 boxes with about 200 dollars in gifts and personal items (clothes) in each box. I am sending them to my mom and am wondering if she will need to pay when they arrive. Also will I need to declare a value or itemize the boxes at the Post Office here in Thailand. Has anyone had problems with boxes being lost/stolen enroute?

Thanks - :)

Edited by travalaska

Does anyone have any experience mailing boxes to the US. I am wondering if there will be an import tax. I am shipping back 2 boxes with about 200 dollars in gifts and personal items (clothes) in each box. I am sending them to my mom and am wondering if she will need to pay when they arrive. Also will I need to declare a value or itemize the boxes at the Post Office here in Thailand. Has anyone had problems with boxes being lost/stolen enroute?

Thanks - :)

I have often mailed back similar boxes via the Thai postal service.

Just put on the form it's value in baht or dollars and my family back in the states has never had to pay any thing.

If it's over $1,000, or for business purposes, perhaps things are different. I wouldn't know about that.

Very reliable also! (100% so far)