French Arrested In Pai For Drugs

patpai

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What would a typical punishment be for .6 grams of heroine? I mean *typical*, not what the law book says. Anyone know? It's obviously a small quantity for personal use. He's not charged with being a drug smuggler or seller.

The law says:

(41)

Section 67 Any person who possesses narcotics of category I without permission and in

quantity computed to be pure substances, or in number of used dosage, or in net weight, that does not

reach the quantity prescribed in Section 15 paragraph three, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of

one year to ten years, or to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand baht, or to both.

Probably going through the legal process actually would be the appropriate thing to do. Speaking of laws, I thought this forum had laws against discussing the breaking of the law? And loads of people are telling him to run? Interesting.

Right. but the OP states that he is being *CHARGED* with 3.6 Grams. So does being charged with more than 3 grams put you into the trafficing/ distribution tier? Regardless, I agree 100%. Going through the legal process is the appropriate thing to do. I believe the old adage, "Don't do the crime, if you can't do the time" really applies here.

-Mestizo

That amount (3.6g) does not constitute trafficking. For first-offense simple possession, the court usually orders a fine rather than imprisonment. The fine is actually relatively low by western court standards, but the lawyer fees are not.

Response from a family member who is in the field of prosecution of drug crimes in Thailand.

a.) Admit you are an addict, you will be sentenced to rehab for less than a year.

b.) Small amount- fine and 2 years probation.

The Thai jails are full. Like in the west, they do not want to sentence small time users/possessors to jail time.

This is from the mouth of the lead prosecutor from the ONCB just 15 minutes ago.

Fact not fiction.

Where is c. - PAY A BRIBE

TO CLOSE YOUR APPETIT TO SEE ME FOR YEARS IN PRISON. THE CASE HAS BEEN CHANGE, THEY ACCEPT TO SCALE THE EMPTY BOTTLE,3.2g SO I GO TO COURT FOR 0.4g...

Lets hope you stay in thai prison for a long time then . Drug people like yourself will never get my sympathy.

Probably a troll.

The good news is that the OP will not have to pay his lawyer or court fine.

The bad news is, the death penalty is always imposed in these cases.

Yes, I've also heard the rumour that most moderators are recruited from the French Foreign Legion (Legion Etrangere) and these are a bunch of tough cookies...

TO CLOSE YOUR APPETIT TO SEE ME FOR YEARS IN PRISON. THE CASE HAS BEEN CHANGE, THEY ACCEPT TO SCALE THE EMPTY BOTTLE,3.2g SO I GO TO COURT FOR 0.4g...

Lets hope you stay in thai prison for a long time then . Drug people like yourself will never get my sympathy.

your sympathy wasn't being asked for. nicely constructive judgemental holier-than-thou contribution to the thread though.

Religious right?

People like you will never get mine.

Cold turkey?

Sawasdee Khrup, Monsieur Hulot, and Khun Patpai,

First, Khun Patpai : I hope your situation, whatever its reality is, is resolved soon, and you can get back to being another human being with all of your freedom restored ! Forgive me if my interest in semantics slightly distracts me from your current misery-en-scene to pursue what may seem a trivial etymological issue with Monsieur Hulot whose posts, I find, often encode mantras that resonate with certain secret teachings of Ur-Orang traditionally referred to as "Melon Level Two." This is important to me, as an Orang-outang who has taken over a human soul-form, since, to my knowledge, Monsieur Hulot is not similarly possessed (not to discount he may be possessed by other souls of any number of types).

for Khun Hulot : may I ask you if you are making an oblique reference here to Tezcatlipoca, the Aztec trickster God, one of whose manifestations is Huexolotlin, the Mexican turkey, Meleagris Gallopavo ? The use of the word "cold" here indicates to me you are not speaking of the more southern turkey, Agriocharis Ocellata, of Guatemalan regions. If you are silent on this, I will understand.

regards, ~o:37;

Legalization of these and other substances is the only solution as prohibitions has served the traffickers (and all the other people employed as a result: lawyers, police, custom officers, DEA,...). BTW, legalization means also education, rehabilitation, regulation, and enforcement. Tobacco is an excellent example of legalization. And for those people who believe that this is an illegal substance and that to legalize it means we encourage its use, you are mistaken. Caffeine, tobacco, and alcohol are addictive substances, and while heroin might be more addictive, all of these substances are. The whole idea of legalization is to take out the profit (hence the crime). Now, it could be that legalization might not be the solution in Asian countries, but it is a fact that the war on drugs in Western countries has been an abject failure. And continuing to use the same policies will amount to the same results. BTW, the majority of Western people are for legalization, according to the surveys I have read.

Apparently, tobacco is MORE addictive than heroin and alcohol has caused many more problems and many more deaths.

I'm not sure what the solution to dangerous drugs is, but it does not seem to be hypocrisy, a war on drugs, or anything else that we have tried in the somewhat recent past. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Apparently, tobacco is MORE addictive than heroin and alcohol has caused many more problems and many more deaths.

I'm not sure what the solution to dangerous drugs is, but it does not seem to be hypocrisy, a war on drugs, or anything else that we have tried in the somewhat recent past. :)

the west's 'war on drugs' isn't a war on drugs - it's a war on poor people.