Bachelor Degree In Thailand

I can tell you in about 6 months TahiRich as my wife will have WES evaluate all her master's level courses from Payap's International TEFOL degree. THey fuc_ked her and many people over and she ended up not being able to defend her thesis despite pulling a 3.4+ overall... We doubt many of them will really help her our with her new course of study, early childhood education, but we hope that some credits might count for something...

But in reality, the university said that it can't just accept the courses as is because the varying world standards and WES must evaluate them for the new University.

BlackArtemis, I'm not sure what happened exactly with your wife's education. I have seen you say more than once how you believe she was treated unfairly at Payap. In this post, you refer to many others being treated unfairly.

There are procedures for getting a degree. If your wife and others did not follow the procedures for getting a degree, then they won't get the degree. Having an excellent GPA is no reason to give a degree is the student does not finish the course.

However, I don't know all the details and you didn't include them all in your posts. If you want to post them here, please do. If you would like to discuss this at Payap, we can do that too. Since you bring this topic up every time something is mentioned about Payap I feel like I would like to find out what happened as well. All we and ThaiVisa posters know is a story from your point of view.

Feel free to PM me to set a time to meet at Payap if you wish to do so.

Oh, no we pretty much shrugged off that school. It had a lot to do with administrators and advisers who were clueless that lead to many of my wife's classmates, but Thai and Foreigners, to leave. As far as talking to someone about it? How about the the fact that we talked to the president, who by the way could not read my wife's letter in English where she described her problems, and this guy is head of both Thai and International programs. When my wife needed signatures she needed to have teachers in the Thai program, whom she never had class with nor advised with, sign off her releases. We had multiple people, advisers, her professors, her family (two of them work at Payap), and even the president's wife talk to him about letting her defend her thesis. The choice was his and he said no.

Basically it went like this.

My wife studied for 2 years and completed her coursework for her degree. Then she was assigned an adviser (her and others) who did nothing to help, forgot deadlines, and even forgot to sign off of a grant for my wife which would have helped great deal since Payap's library is so out of date. So after 2.5 years of nothing accomplished other than some partially written thesis' the adviser was moved due to complaints, and a high rate of students just quitting the school because they felt it was no longer worth the trouble. My wife took a year off and then was told if she came back she would have a new adviser. He was fantastic, he bent over backwards for my wife and in less than a year she had her thesis done and ready to defend. We were planning a wedding and told them we she would defend it the following semester, there was no problem. So she is getting ready to defend it and has a miscarriage, she can't defend it and is told she no longer has the option to. The kicker is that at a private school there is no length of time a student must complete the degree, it is up to the admin. So we got a "that's too bad that you had a miscarriage, spent days in a hospital, to make you feel better I am going to tell you that you can't have your degree, good day and don't forget Jesus loves you!

So we fought with the school for a few more months and then determined it was a worthless endeavor. Now my wife will be getting her MS. ED here, for a respectable school, not one known as the "Oh I didn't make it into CMU, but Daddy can afford this one" The ironic thing is that my wife thought that it would look better if she took her MS. TOEFL in an international program instead of CMU...

So depending on the numbers she will begin in Jan, as the MS. ED Early Childhood Education doesn't have a start up this coming August.

Now, my wife and I have our issues with Payap, while I might take great joy in their dwindling numbers, I don't wish this chaos on anyone who chooses to go there. I want everyone to achieve their own goals, and again I pray it is a much better experience than my wife's. You are correct, all you have is my word, and I am just someone on the internet. But it's just like some people who have had problems with X brand of car, they won't recommend it even if others had a good experience.

I would also like to state that she would have liked to have her degree but she would have gone on for a second MS here in the states anyways. Again, good luck to all. Take my story as you will, I gain nothing if you believe me or not.

I have emailed the director of the TESOL with what you told me about the problem as well as another influential PYU member who, along with myself, have always wondered about what happened with your wife's situation.

I have no idea if there is anything I can do but there is a group of us at Payap that are trying to improve the quality of the education we recieve at Payap. The International College at Payap has been around for about 7 years now. I'm not sure when your wife went to Payap but I have been there for 3 years and I have seen the quality of the education improve since I started.

For myself, and others concerned about your issue, I would like more of an explanation about what happened.

I will let you know what I find out.

In order not to confuse posters who have limited information about a specific case, it might be best to communicate with one another by PM.

The rest of us are likely to get lost in the discussion and this might not be good for any of us.

In order not to confuse posters who have limited information about a specific case, it might be best to communicate with one another by PM.

The rest of us are likely to get lost in the discussion and this might not be good for any of us.

I apoligize for hi-jacking the topic. I will PM BlackArtimis.