Health Insurance

boxig

Hi,

I wonder if there is health insurance programs in private hospitals in Chiang Mai. Does Lanna Hospital has one ? Is it expensive and does it covers all ?

Any information and tips will be appreciated.

Thank you

I recently signed me and the missus up for BUPA Blue Cross becuase I heard many good things about then reading about the subect on various Thailand discussion groups. The most time consuming part is chosing the plan you feel is most appropriate for your needs. I ride a motorcycle so I figure the likelyhood for a big ticket hospital stay is higher than for most. So, I took the second to the highest plan. I passed on the outpatient coverage which I thought was high for what you get.

There's a BUPA office on the inner ring road just past Chotana road (sorry, I am pathetic with street names in CM). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi,

I wonder if there is health insurance programs in private hospitals in Chiang Mai. Does Lanna Hospital has one ? Is it expensive and does it covers all ?

Any information and tips will be appreciated.

Thank you

I recently signed me and the missus up for BUPA Blue Cross becuase I heard many good things about then reading about the subect on various Thailand discussion groups. The most time consuming part is chosing the plan you feel is most appropriate for your needs. I ride a motorcycle so I figure the likelyhood for a big ticket hospital stay is higher than for most. So, I took the second to the highest plan. I passed on the outpatient coverage which I thought was high for what you get.

There's a BUPA office on the inner ring road just past Chotana road (sorry, I am pathetic with street names in CM). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Hi JXXXL,

Can you give us an idea of the main cover and the yearly cost ?

Thanks

A simple google web search for Bupa Blue Cross Thailand will turn up the Bupa website for Thailand

http://www.bupathailand.com/

Rates and policies are listed under

http://www.bupathailand.com/personal.asp

The Chiang Mai address is

56/22 Chiangmai - Lampang Road T.Changpheug A.Muang Chiangmai 50300

Contact Khun Venica Sripatarapong

E-mail : [email protected]

Tel: 0-5321-8222 Fax: 0-5321-8313

I can heartily second the reccommendations for Bupa Blue Cross. I have used them for the past eight years and always had the most exelplary service - apart from some delays when it comes to checking out after a hospital stay.

They are the only company who will insure me as I have several chronic problems and my insurance payouts average over five times my premium, and have done for each of the last eight years. I was previously insured by BUPA UK and BUPA International and my current premiums are a fraction of what I previously used to pay.

• 1 month later...