Nautical Inn Anyone?

samjjohn

Good location but the room furnishings are dated. Remember this hotel dates back to the late 60's and I think was the first modern hotel built in Pattaya. I stayed last earlier this year and found it to be clean but rundown because of age. I would have no problem staying again but there are many better places for the same price or cheaper. If you plan on staying book one of the rooms next to the pool.

We have booked to stay at the Nautical Inn on beach road over Christmas and the new year, anyone stayed here? can't really find much info about it, there's not even any reviews on trip advisor.

Thanks

Sam

The correct way would be to check a place out before booking - makes a bit more sense :)

There is always heaps of empty hotels and guest houses available in Pattaya and Bangkok , it is a good idea to just book one night and walk around check the different places out , its very easy to book a place on the internet which looks perfect but when you get there its crap or the location is not what you expected or there are beer bars under it.

There is always heaps of empty hotels and guest houses available in Pattaya and Bangkok , it is a good idea to just book one night and walk around check the different places out , its very easy to book a place on the internet which looks perfect but when you get there its crap or the location is not what you expected or there are beer bars under it.

Not at christmas time, hence the OP's reason for booking early.

I used to stay there a lot. As another poster says, very good location but the rooms are a bit dated. The rooms in the tower block are more modern but I used to prefer the 2 storey chalets overlooking the pool. The pool and the garden used to be the places best feature. Very nice and tranquil indeed and you could almost forget you were in Pattaya. If the pool is still the same then I would stay there again even though you could probably find better value elsewhere. Oh....and it fronts onto the beach road which is another plus.

I used to stay at Nautical Inn when I first came to Thailand some 15 years ago. Already then it was quite run down and I don't think they've renovated anything since.... but as Denim said, the advantage of the place is the nice garden and pool area and the downtown location.

Thanks for the replies.

From the pictures it looks OK, but I know that pictures can be misleading.

I just thought it had a great location and it was pretty hard finding something with a decent size pool and in a decent location for the price. It was a good price for Christmas at 1,375 bht per night and that's much lower than they advertise on their web site.

I think we would be pretty silly if we didn't book anything over the Christmas/new year period especially as we will need 2 rooms, I know it gets busy.

Am I right in booking for the whole time we're there?

Anyone have any pictures of the rooms?

Thanks

Sam

My wife and I used to stay at the Nautical Inn regularly a weekend per month when we came to Pattaya until we bought our house here last year in August. We loved that old little hotel which is right at the beach. We always took a room with sea view on the third or fourth floor. It may be run down a little but we still liked to return there every time. You get what you pay for.

Like many of the people that have replied I have stayed there but not since 2001. I did however call in to have a look for a friend a little while ago. It is still the same as it was then,very dated and a bit smelly. The thing I remembered most was getting ear infections every year from the pool so please beware. Never had one since staying elswhere.

Cant knock the location though its great for access from beach and second rd.

Best Regards,