Town House In Cm (are Inside The Moat)

thairet

Hi,

About 6 years ago I spent two months searching (alone and with agents) for a town house with garden to rent in CM city (area inside the moat). Plenty to be had, but none would take me up on my offer of six months lease to see if I really wanted to stay. All owners would only accept minimum 1 year lease (two cases), 2 years minimum (most cases). Noting the fact that these houses appeared to have been unused for a while I had my agent ask a further question viz how long have they been empty? 2-5 years was the overall survey. <deleted>? And they would not accept a 6 month lease with the chance of longer term!?

Under the current economic situation has this attitude changed?

Are owners of CM City second residences rich enough not to care? In my experience people who don’t care about making money usually have none unless inherited.

Is this a TIT principle of “future benefits/income” er “what does future mean”?

This query is limited to inside the moat. I know the outskirts of CM.

Any comments?

Thairet

Edited by thairet

Hi,

About 6 years ago I spent two months searching (alone and with agents) for a town house with garden to rent in CM city (area inside the moat). Plenty to be had, but none would take me up on my offer of six months lease to see if I really wanted to stay. All owners would only accept minimum 1 year lease (two cases), 2 years minimum (most cases). Noting the fact that these houses appeared to have been unused for a while I had my agent ask a further question viz how long have they been empty? 2-5 years was the overall survey. <deleted>? And they would not accept a 6 month lease with the chance of longer term!?

Are owners of CM City second residences rich enough not to care? In my experience people who don't care about making money usually have none unless inherited.

Is this a TIT principle of "future benefits/income" er "what does future mean"?

Any comments?

Thairet

well having just gone through a similiar hunt [albeit we didnt want to be in town centre], may i suggest you offer to pay the 6 months up front, that might pursuade someone.

Hi,

Are owners of CM City second residences rich enough not to care? In my experience people who don't care about making money usually have none unless inherited.

Is this a TIT principle of "future benefits/income" er "what does future mean"?

Any comments?

Thairet

well having just gone through a similiar hunt [albeit we didnt want to be in town centre], may i suggest you offer to pay the 6 months up front, that might pursuade someone.

Yup, I did offer that...still no! I guess my main OP query was, after 6 years has this attitude changed?

Thairet

You may find that in dealing with city centre property you don't actually meet the owner - maybe a relation, neighbour etc.

They probably can't be bothered or don't know what to do when it comes to negotiation.

I live in city centre and I think you will find most are rented word of mouth. Many don't have contracts at all and the owner knows the renter. Most people are not flexible unless you have a connection.