What To Do Please?

Non O expires 11August cash seasoned 6 July but I leave 3rd of July to UK via KL

I am going to be KL days but only one Monday 6th July morning when embassy open

Uk and France and my visa will expire.Of course I cannot get a bank letter hand written in Siam on 6th but could show them the bank book and have bank Fax letter to the embassy?

Can I extend in Uk before deadline 11 th August?

I will be mainly sailing from Chichester and Bristol area so could easily go London or Cardiff consul in person,though Im sure a hotel in London these days and the travel there more than 120 pounds for visa?

HULL is Yorkshire?

means better to post to a useful consul.Ive read good reports on Hull?

Or apply to Hull by Post documents needed (bankbook/Marriage cert etc).

How do you pay UK cheque visa card Postal order?

Will such an external issued visa mean 90 day border runs,If so perhaps better leave cash in bank and simply re-apply from square one when I get back.

Problem is with no return ticket will I be allowed in long enough to sort it out was planning Train from Penang.If I only get 15 days on arrival Ma sai say you need 21 days left on visa to apply from an O under consideration.

Sometimes I just wishh I could give them my credit card and let them work out the ever changing rules.If I could get the extension before 11am on July 6thaway from home in KL its done,but getting any of these people to commit to anything on paper is blowing in the wind hence I need your wisdom

PS A friend suggested pay for a tourist visa in Uk and fix it on return.

Thanks in advance for any ideas

First of all your post does not make any sense at all. Extremely confusing.

Lets start with the basics and maybe someone can advice you.

1. Are you in Non-immigrant one year multiple entry O visa or do you have one year extension of stay based on marriage or retirement ?

You could apply for your new extension before you leave. Check with your immigration office. Most will do it early.

How long are you going to be out of the country? It sounds like you would be gone when the 30 day wait is up so even if you applied today you would be gone before the 30 days are up.

You can not get an extension outside of the country. Best thing to do if you are unable to get your extension before you leave is to get a single entry non-o visa. All the consulates (not the embassy in London) accept mail in applications.

Returning on a visa exempt entry probably would mean a trip out again for a visa unless you did a change of visa status soon after arriving and not all offices will do it.

First of all your post does not make any sense at all. Extremely confusing.

Lets start with the basics and maybe someone can advice you.

1. Are you in Non-immigrant one year multiple entry O visa or do you have one year extension of stay based on marriage or retirement ?

sorry at present on non O extension of retirement

Office here already asked will not do it early!

I dont wish to be obliged to leave each 90 days on their schedule.

If I get by post what do I get 1 year mariage with no need to leave every 90 days?

Or maybe buy a tourist 60 days by post and then apply for mariage visa here.

I am v nervous about posting a passport even insured courie as I have 1000s of dollars of other visas in it

Edited by RubbaJohnny

Ok, since they do not extend it early you need to do it from the beginning once you are back.

You can not get extension of stay outside of country.

UJ is correct as always, what you need to do is to apply simple single entry non-O from UK. They will issue you one when you tell them you are going for retirement extension once in Thailand.

And once you are back apply for one year extension of stay based on retirement. Note that you need to apply from scratch so all doc's etc needed as you had when you applied first time.

sorry at present on non O extension of retirement

Office here already asked will not do it early!

I dont wish to be obliged to leave each 90 days on their schedule.

If I get by post what do I get 1 year mariage with no need to leave every 90 days?

Or maybe buy a tourist 60 days by post and then apply for mariage visa here.

I am v nervous about posting a passport even insured courie as I have 1000s of dollars of other visas in it

What I suggested was to get a single entry non-o visa and then when you get back apply for your extension again. You can get at single entry based upon marriage a just about any consulate as long as you have your marriage certificate and a copy of wifes ID or passport.

Lots of people do their visas by post. Overnight service is always the best to use. Or use a courier service.

OKm thank you all

It lloks like its back to square one

First time they wanted a local hospital not my Dr report

Is the no crimenal record letter being asked for as I guess I can fork out for another in UK

You do not use medical reports and police reports to obtain a normal multi or single entry non immigrant O visa. That is only required for OA (retirement) visa issued in home country. Is that what you have? Was it multi entry? Has it been extended? Your posting is very difficult to understand. If you have a multi entry OA visa valid until August 11 you could leave now and return to obtain a new permitted to stay until one year from now - then you could use a re-entry permit for your upcoming travel to keep it alive.

Hull offers a very fast friendly service, you can send by special delivery, they will process the day of arrival and send by special delivery that same day, so send Monday they receive and process Tuesday and return Tuesday ,you receive back on the Wednesday. Go to the post office with all documents, use a special delivery envelope from them to send to Hull, enclose with the visa application a return addressed special delivery envelope, special delivery charge is about £5 or £6 each way its as easy as that. An appointment is required to personally attend Hull and they charge an additional £10.00.

And to answer one of your early questions - yes Hull is in Yorkshire. If the comment was 'tongue in cheek' as in 'who the hel_l wants to go to Hull', then I'm insulted being a Yorkshireman though privately I might agree with you!

The consulate is extremely user-friendly, as reported many times on TV.com - my non-O was processed in about 1 hour in May while I waited. It is relatively easy to find if going by car - it's on the easily reached side of Hull, but if going by train you can probably add a couple of £7 taxi rides to your day out costs.