Non-immigrant - Thai Wife

Hey,

I've just been over to Suan Phlu for my 90 day extension and while there I asked what documents I needed to bring for the Annual extension (British passport / Thai wife / 1 child / working freelance overseas). I literally was told 3 different things from 3 different officials and haven't as yet been able to find an up-to-date list of requirements needed?

For example: one official told me I needed to show 400,000 in my Thai account at least 2 months prior to extension day (so would I need certificate from the bank stating account balance then, or just prior to the extension date? I was told 2 different things there..

I have trawled through the various websites, but nowhere can I seem to find an up-to-date list of requirements...

Anyone know of one anywhere?

Thanks,

W.

These are the financial requirements.

(6) In case of marriage with a Thai lady, the husband who is an alien must have an average annual income of not less than 40,000 baht per month or a money deposit in a local Thai bank of not less than 400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year.

If using income you need a letter from your Embassy verifying income.

If using money in a Thai bank you need a letter from the bank verifying. Also an up to date bank book with samwe balance.

You also need.

Marriage Certificate. Wife,s House Registration and ID Card. Photos of you and her in and around the house. A map showing the way to your house. Childs birth certificate if you will be mentioning him/her. Your Passport. Application Form. 1,900 Baht Fee. Take the Wife to be interviewed.

You will be given a 30 day under consideration stamp. Go back in 30 days and get your extension.

Do not know what you mean by "90 day Extension" though. Are you talking about the 90 day report?

Thanks a lot, but I'm still a little bit confused about the part "400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year". When would I need to get the bank to issue certification of the amount in my account - 2 months prior to extension of just before?

Thanks a lot, but I'm still a little bit confused about the part "400,000 baht for the past 2 months for expenses within a year". When would I need to get the bank to issue certification of the amount in my account - 2 months prior to extension of just before?

Money must be in bank for 2 months prior to extension.

Letter from bank the same day you apply for extension.

The money has to be in the bank 2 months before you apply. It has to stay there until after your application.

Get the bank letter a day or 2 before you apply . If you can get on the day of application so much the better.

Some Immigration offices are asking for 3 months in the bank although the rules do say 2.

Need to know if your current status to provide the best answers.

There is no 90 day extension (except for special study) so are you talking about a 60 day tourist visa you just extended 30 days to 90?

Or are you talking about doing a 90 day address report on a current one year extension of stay?

Or something else?

Are you here on a non immigrant visa entry?

There is a one time 60 day extension of stay available to visit wife that might help you if you need more time.

Sorry, it's in reference to doing a 90 day address report on a current one year extension of stay.

Thanks all for your help...

Lite Beer - If the money has to be there 2 months before, how will immigration know is if I "Get the bank letter a day or 2 before you apply"? My experience with these bank letters is that they state the amount of funds in the account upon the request of the bank letter and doesn't show that the money has been there for the last 2 months?

Or do I need extra documentation showing that the amount has been there for at least 2 months?

You will need your bank passbook for the year and copies of each page - as well as the letter from bank. Be sure they both match (last entry).

Also make sure that the last entry/update of the bankbook is not to old otherwise it can be refused.

If you don't use the account to much put 100 Baht in your account and update the bank book and get the bank letter the same day.

Actually you should not have to make any deposit as bank will update passbook when they write up the letter - there machine should not require activity to update an account (I know BBL does not). But always best to double check anyhow.

Hey,

I've just been over to Suan Phlu for my 90 day extension and while there I asked what documents I needed to bring for the Annual extension (British passport / Thai wife / 1 child / working freelance overseas). I literally was told 3 different things from 3 different officials and haven't as yet been able to find an up-to-date list of requirements needed?

For example: one official told me I needed to show 400,000 in my Thai account at least 2 months prior to extension day (so would I need certificate from the bank stating account balance then, or just prior to the extension date? I was told 2 different things there..

I have trawled through the various websites, but nowhere can I seem to find an up-to-date list of requirements...

Anyone know of one anywhere?

Thanks,

W.

What I can tell you for definate is the cash has to show in your bank account on the morning of your visa application..if not they will send you to get one... you have to take the child, you need a photo of you, your wife and child outside your home where it is showing your address on the building. And all the other relevant paperwork, childs ID card, Wifes ID card, etc etc.....

W.

What I can tell you for definate is the cash has to show in your bank account on the morning of your visa application..if not they will send you to get one...

It will all depend on where you apply. All Immigration Offices are different.

A golden rule of mine.....take everything. Below you'll find a comprehensive list. I suppose a few of these are not required, but it won't kill you to take them along!!

TM7 application form & photo

B1,900 fee

Passport & Arrival Card

Signed copy of passport

Any previous 90 days report slips

Child's birth certificate

Signed copy of child's birth certificate

Marriage certificate

Signed copy of marriage cert

Tabien Baan

Signed copy of Tabien Baan

ID card